Post a quote me hearty's!

Now ere's a quote what has saved me life o'er a thousand time it has, O'er a thousand time I say! So harken ye know 'n head these words o' wisdom:

"When the people look like ants,

Pull.

When the ants look like people,

Pray!"

~not sure who nor when, but glad he said it for sure!

:lol:

putt'n these wise words t' use

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vex not thou the poet's mind With thy shallow wit

Tennyson

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, how 'bout a quote from the pyrate of all pirates, as William Teach, a.k.a. BLACKBEARD wrote in his personal journal, as found by Cap't Maynard and his crew after they killed Blackbeard and rifled through his ship:

Such a Day, Rum all out: ___Our Company somewhat sober:___A damn'd Confusion amongst us!___Rogues a plotting;___great Talk of separation.___So I look'd sharp for a Prize;___such a Day took one, with a great deal of liquor on board, so kept the Company hot, damn'd hot, then all Things went well again.

SHIP2-1.jpg

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."

- Len Wein -

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

It is not because angels are holier than men or devils that makes them angels, but because they do not expect holiness from one another, but from God alone. ~William Blake

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Some praise the Lord for Light,

The living spark;

I thank God for the Night

The healing dark.

~Robert William Service

How like a queen comes forth the lonely Moon

From the slow opening curtains of the clouds

Walking in beauty to her midnight throne!

~George Croly,

Stars are the daisies that begem

The blue fields of the sky.

~D.M. Moir

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

“Fortunate Newton, happy childhood of science. Nature to him was an open book. He stands before us strong, certain, and alone.” Albert Einstein

“In the childhood memories of every good cook, there's a large kitchen, a warm stove, a simmering pot and a mom.” Barbara Costikyan

We rest here while we can, but we hear the ocean calling in our dreams, and we know by morning, the wind will fill our sails to test the seams. A calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, for ships are safe at harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

- Michael Lille

Kewl.... <_<

History is filled with the sound of silken slippers going downstairs and wooden shoes coming up. ~Voltaire

I never ran my train off the track, and I never lost a passenger.

Harriet Tubman

Life appears to me to be too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrong.

Charlotte Bronte

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

• 2 weeks later...

"I walk on untrodden ground. There is scarcely any part of my conduct which may not hereafter be drawn into precedent."

George Washington - General

"Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust is betrayed."~Tigress Luv

For the lips of a loose woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword. - Anonymous

No lover, if he be of good faith, and sincere, will deny he would prefer to see his mistress dead than unfaithful. - Marquis de Sade

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...

You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was, and he would agree. ~ Proverb

Never saw off the branch you are on, unless you are being hanged from it. ~Stanislaw Lec

I had missionary once. All that fuss only to find out it really does taste just like chicken...

"Foreigners cannot enjoy our food, I suppose, any more than we can enjoy theirs. It is not strange; for tastes are made, not born. I might glorify my bill of fare until I was tired; but after all, the Scotchman would shake his head, and say, 'Where's your haggis?' and the Fijan would sigh and say, 'Where's your missionary?'" ~ Mark Twain

Damn, thats sharp!

My turn? Well then, how's these?

"Damn, that's sharp!" This is the flintknapper's favorite and much used exclamation (and I should know), altho it's also useful for pirates who, in the heat of action, forget which side of their cutlass goes outermost when they clamp it with their mouths (which is a bad idea, since Brasso tastes awful)

"Just because a caveman can do it, doesn't mean it's simple...' Another flintknapper's quote...

And here's one:

"Since laws were made for every degree,

to curb vice in others as well as me,

I wonder we han't better company,

On Tyburn's tree..."

from Beggars Opera

Damn, thats sharp!

Therefore keep close of thy tongue and of thy hand

from the officers and governments of the land;

And from other men that they of thy craft nothing know

For in witness thereof they will thee hang and draw.

Elizabethan ballad (Anon.)

Taken from the book Auriel Rising by Elizabeth Redfern.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog