Fresh meat!

~Lady Pirate~

Tito - I have Dance with Me on DVD. Save the Last Dance too. Shall we Dance with Richard Geren and Jennifer Lopez I love. I've also got Flashdance, Salsa, One Last Dance (With Patrick Swayze as a ballet dancer), Billy Eliot (hehe), Stricly Ballroom and a few others (unknown ones).

I've seen Michael Flatley live twice. It was amazing.

Mad Matt - Wow. I thought you seemed Dutch. :ph34r:

Capt. Morgan - I didn't know that bridge is American. :ph34r:

oderlesseye - Thank you.

blackjohn - That's neat! Noviomagus indeed. We celebrate our 2000th anniversary this year too.

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary. Very scary. :ph34r:

Honest (although foreigners use the word rude), straightforward, down to earth, thoughtful (before me do something, we think of the consequences and whether the action will be worth it), intelligent (we're all at least trilangual), sarcastic.

I had the pleasure to meet some of my friend's Dutch relatives when he got married. I'd agree with all of the above, well, except the sarcasm. They all seemed rather bright, and well-versed in many subjects.

I have to admit I was mostly referring to myself with the sarcasm. :D

Some actually speak 5 different languages by the time they leave school. I only speak German, Dutch and English.

Some actually speak 5 different languages by the time they leave school. I only speak German, Dutch and English.

That's impressive. I would imagine that being fluent in such a wide variety of languages is good for the brain.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I'm sure it is. I'd like to learn more languages though. French, Spanish, Italian , Russian, Scottish-Gaelic, Latin, Ancient Greek. I've got a long wish list.

Welcome ta our pub luv. I see ye've made yerself at home already seen howz ye've made it ta' Deck Swabber in less than 24 hours!! Personally, I can't stop takin' me eyes ofn' yer hypnotic gaze in yer banner. I do loves th' pretty eyes darlin'. Well, since ye don't take kindly ta' pyrates who partake in the pleasure's o' drink, I'll be fillin' me tankard wit Tattoo rum an' have a sit next ta' me mate Diego whilst we watch ye work tha lads in this 'ere establishment. Keep yer steel well polished, ifn' ye catch me drift lass. Since ye likes ta' dance, I 'spect ta' see ya carousin' wit Rummy, Scarlett, Jamie an' tha rest o' our table dancers shortly. :)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I'm sure it is. I'd like to learn more languages though. French, Spanish, Italian , Russian, Scottish-Gaelic, Latin, Ancient Greek. I've got a long wish list.

Me too. In my time I have learned and forgotten Spanish and Latin and German. I'd really like to learn and forget Polish, Mandarin, Greek, French, and a few others. I'd really really like to re-learn Latin, and not forget any of it.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Hmm....

Long list here too...

I've learned and forgotten most of my Spanish, French, and German, and both Lenape and Lakota (Native American) as well...

Want to relearn Spanish, Lenape and Lakota, maybe French again... Add Gaelic an' who knows wotelse....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I wanna learn whatever language they speak at the drive-thru . . . :P

Gaelic would be neat. I like Hieroglyphics though, more visual, like the pictographs found in the Southwest. Learning to decipher that kind of stuff would be interesting.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Gaelic would be neat.  I like Hieroglyphics though, more visual, like the pictographs found in the Southwest.  Learning to decipher that kind of stuff would be interesting.

I second that! I would love to be able to decipher things like that. <3

Swifty Morgan - I envy you. I don't know any dances. I'd love to learn them though.

There ye have it a day late and a dabloon short. In less than 17 hours ye join sign on say hey and goes from bilge rat to deck swabbie even a fore I gets ta knocks ye about. So! Welcome aboard lass. I see yer well on yer way fer given this scurvy crew yer nature, so I'll jes be havin a shooter a Tattoo and again welcomes to ye!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Morgan - I bet that was a lot of fun. :)

Diego - Thanks! I've met so many nice people here.

Lass, we had some Dutch exchange students in my high school when I was a Junior and you guys are like WAYYYYYYYY ahead of the US, especially in math. This one kid would be so bored in our math class because it was so been there-done that for him.

Have you seen Flash Dance 2, Havana Nights? That one was good too.

I also like to play Salsa rhythms as I try to be a pretty good conga drum player. I also like to do melodic Latin lics on my trombone with some of the Latin improv methods. Its kewl playing some of the charts.

Are you guys getting into Reggaeton over there? Thats like the LATEST Latin thang with Daddy Yankee, Loony Tunes, etc...

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Lass, we had some Dutch exchange students in my high school when I was a Junior and you guys are like WAYYYYYYYY ahead of the US, especially in math. This one kid would be so bored in our math class because it was so been there-done that for him.

Have you seen Flash Dance 2, Havana Nights? That one was good too.

I also like to play Salsa rhythms as I try to be a pretty good conga drum player. I also like to do melodic Latin lics on my trombone with some of the Latin improv methods. Its kewl playing some of the charts.

Are you guys getting into Reggaeton over there? Thats like the LATEST Latin thang with Daddy Yankee, Loony Tunes, etc...

You mean Dirty Dancing 2: Havena Nights? :rolleyes: I love that one. Don't know why it was a flop. I thought it was great.

I'm really bad at math myself but at higher education I'm sure the students learn all kinds of complex math stuff I couldn't understand in my wildest dreams.

We're into Reggaeton. With Skakira's La Tortura and one other song. *thinks* Can't remember the title. I didn't like it much. I love La Tortura and have it on my computer.

No one aboard who speaks and understands Gronings? That's a dialect spoken in the North of Holland, where I come from (and Lady Pirate).

Now we live in Noviomagus, where they speak Nijmeegs. That's a funny dialect!

But I sailed the North Sea, the Mediterrean Sea (loved Malta, have you ever been to Valetta, the capital of Malta) and lived for a year in Italy, so I speak Italian as well.

Sweet Havannah nights with sweet salsa music, that would be yarn great!

Well, Lady Pirate is having a hell of time out here. Perhaps I should lock her up for a few days, only on water and bread.... (teasing!)

:lol:

piratescavebanner.jpg

You mean Dirty Dancing 2: Havena Nights?

Yah, ooops sorry :P

I really liked that one too. Movie crowds are sometimes too picky :P

The big Reggaeton tunes around here have been Gasolina and also, Girl Like You both by Daddy Yankee.

I like Sharkira too. I wish she would tour more.

I went to the 116th St. Fest in NYC last June and between every act on the stages, they would blast Reggaeton and we all just moved to it.

It was awesome.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

with sweet salsa music, that would be yarn great!

Well, Lady Pirate is having a hell of time out here. Perhaps I should lock her up for a few days, only on water and bread.... (teasing!)

B)

Meany! B)

I know Gasolino. That is the other song I meant. Couldn't think of the name. The girl looks a lot like Shakira. Seems like a wannabe to me. :blink:

blackbeard.jpg

eyes ain't as cultured as yer -r-.. jus wanta say eahhh... never seen a newbie thread tak on a life of it's own like this.. Is this gonna be yer home page? :ph34r:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Maybe. :ph34r:

I guess I'm a rather chatty person. :ph34r: