~Lady Pirate~

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta love that squirrel.

Yeah, he's nuts.

:lol:

Get it? Nuts? God, I crack myself up. Crack? Bwahahahahaha . . . ;)

LOL! ;)

I love animated films. Shrek is awesome too.

A pirate by heart, a pirate in my soul

I always steal whatever I need, no self-control

I always long to sail my ship and explore the sea

So you'd better beware me!

Because Captain Pirate is near. And a girl too so fear

Don't you dare to question me and I might let you live

I fight and kill those without skill

So surrender now...and bow!

It isn't out yet here. Haven't even seen commercials or promo yet.

It isn't out yet here. Haven't even seen commercials or promo yet.

Sure it'll get around soon, as its quite new here.

Its basically an new animation style tale, based on the Little Red Riding Hood story, with contemporary additions.

Between it, and Chicken Little, I bet that'll be the newest movie trend:

new contemporary takes on children's stories, using contemporary animation. Last summer through last year it was making contemporary movie versions of old tv shows. I realize that trend has been around here and there over the years but it seemed like a flood of them with Bewitched, etc...

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I know what it is. I'm a member of IMDb. I always check out the box office every monday. And the future releases section so I know what to expect in Europe.

I heard Bewitched is really bad. My sister saw it and said it was disappointing. I haven't even seen it.

I heard Chicken Little isn't that great either. :lol:

I heard Bewitched is really bad. My sister saw it and said it was disappointing. I haven't even seen it.

I heard Chicken Little isn't that great either.

Ye got it lass. Both were less than stellar. Bewitched and the other "past tv show" movie of last summer, The Dukes of Hazzard, would have flopped if they had been the shows themselves (which in their times, were big hits). Hollywood tries too hard to re-invent the wheel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I've seen many episodes of the Dukes of Hazzards. Very entertaining. Didn't see the film. Like Starsky and Hutch. That was also a series. Things like that often flop as a film. It's difficult to live up to a wonderful series.

Things like that often flop as a film. It's difficult to live up to a wonderful series.

You got it lass! Most of the series' that they've made into films lasted on tv for a number of years. But somehow they miss with the chemistry of making it all into a movie. Maybe too many years have gone since the show was so kewl, that its no longer kewl for movie material. Something just gets lost that makes the movie really miss whatever made the show great.

Speaking of movies, guess who lives near (20 minutes away) me, and I have taught his daughter in school, and may teach his son next year?? Does the name Peter Ostrum ring a bell? He's of course now

Dr. Peter Ostrum, Vetrinarian. He was the original Charlie in the classic Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (with Gene Wilder as Wonka). He lives a quiet life as a veterinarian for mostly farm animals. He was offered other rolls in the 70s, after Wonka, but turned them down because he didn't want Hollywood to dominate his life.

He mostly keeps quiet about the Wonka experience, but he did take his family to Europe a few years back for a reunion, showing them all the buildings and houses that were used etc... and he did do an interview last summer in regards to the new Charlie movie that starred Johnny Depp. All in all, he's a really nice guy. :)

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

At first when you mentioned his name I was all: Who? But when you said he was Charlie in the original I knew who it is you're talking about. That's good that he didn't let Hollywood dominate his life. Many actors do that. Many kid actors can't handle it and start drinking, doing drugs etc. Scary stuff.

He sounds like a nice guy.

That's good that he didn't let Hollywood dominate his life. Many actors do that. Many kid actors can't handle it and start drinking, doing drugs etc. Scary stuff.

Its probably better for some today do to the increased awareness of what went on in the past. You do have a handful of them from the 50s, 60s, 70s, etc.. that came out doing well, like Ron Howard who literally grew up on tv and is now a VERY successfull Hollywood director.

But then you have so many who have been on all the talk shows over the years that were given almost nothing after the show or movie that made them, either faded, or in the case of tv, went off the air. Pretty scary and sad too.

In the years I was hearing about so many troubled child stars, it always made me wonder about the kid who played Charlie. I was glad to find out he had settled down so well. B)

Then you have some who's parents try to take it all, like McCauley Culkin.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Some kid actors are successful, like Drew Barrymore. But most fade away like you said. It's a pity. They're talented.

What do you think of the Oscar nominations?

Some kid actors are successful, like Drew Barrymore.

Yeah and it took her a while to really "get going" after ET.

From the same generation, you had the sad story of that little blonde gal who was in Poltergeist, who died really young. Can't remember her name, but she was about Drew's age at the time and their movies were out almost together.

I haven't seen the nominees yet. I'll look for them. :huh:

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Aye lass I did the homework.

Lots of nominees for Capote, and Good Night and Good Luck.

I also think Munich is a good contender for best film.

Only 3 nominees in the animated features. We'll see if its Tim Burton's.

I hope March of the Penguins gets best documentary feature.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

It should be interesting to see who gets the Oscar. Many good films and actors are nominated.

I think Reese'll win Best Actress. And I'm fine with that. As long as Keira Knightley doesn't win, I'm happy. You know I don't like her. :ph34r:

I hope Heath Ledger wins Best Actor but I think what's his name'll get it for Capote. I haven't seen the film. Isn't out yet here even. :huh: I sometimes think I live in the middle of nowhere. :huh:

I sometimes think I live in the middle of nowhere.

Aye lass, if'n ye was to see where I live, ye would feel quite different abou that. :lol:

I haven't seen Capote either.

Now do ye payeth much attention to The Grammy's?

They be this week.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

No one talks about the Grammy's over here. I wouldn't even know who's nominated. The show isn't aired here either. Too bad. I like award shows. They're entertaining. I especially enjoy the red carpet bit. Some stars wear beautiful gowns. And some look ridiculous, which is even more entertaining. :blink:

I've never been to America, but I'll go there on holiday sometime. I'm pretty sure NYC will scare the hell out of me. It's big and loud and crowded. But I'd like to go shopping there.

Well U2 really cleaned house!! Green Day won a little bit too. :blink:

Its weird with some of the award shows because sometimes the winners aren't necessarily who is the most popular with the general population, or overall sales etc.... It's more up to the committees, or in the case of movies, the academy. That's why Depp didn't win for Jack Sparrow.

He was a shoe in for the Peoples Choice Award (actually measured by overall popularity and sales) but as much as the character was great, and the movie was popular, he didn't fit the profile of what the "academy" was looking for, for its best actor. Thats why Sean Penn got it that year.

NYC is a fun place lass. I be goin there again this June for the 116th St. fest and its a kikkin time!! I think overall they've made it better than it once was. Its more people friendly in alot of areas that at one time ye wouldn't be caught keel hauled in. The area of that festival is a good example. Upper East Side of Manhattan (aka El Barrio or Spanish Harlem), once a mess, now quite pleasant. You have to be smart though. Don't just "go wandering". Don't flaunt $ or what. Do most of your looking around during the day. You'll like it when ye goeth some day. :)

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I read about the Grammy winners. I'm glad U2 did well. It's a great band. I love their music. It's timeless. Green Day is good too.

What do you think of female artists like Mariah Carey?

Mariah's had her ups and downs. I like her sound now than years ago when she used to practically scream so. One I like, but you don't hear much about lately is Sade. Very soulful. Very smooth.

Madonna still hangs in there of course.

As for the bimbo bunch (Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears etc..) they can all go jump.

Kelly Clarkson is proving she's more than just American Idol.

Joss Stone is kewl too.

I LIKED Nelly Furtado, but she never really floated after that first good album. I hear P!NK is back. We'll see if she does as good as her first album. I don't think she has to come across as "The Anti-Britney Spears" anymore, since Britney is SOOOO last week.

In the Salsa scene, if you haven't done so, check out Brenda K. Starr.

She's totally kewl.

In another genre of females, what do you think of that whole

Celtic Woman tour?

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

• 2 weeks later...

I like Madonna's new songs. Reminds me of disco stuff like Saturday Night Fever, which I liked.

Kelly Clarkson is very popular here too. You can win a meet and greet and Because of You was number 1.

Don't like the bimbo bunch as you call them. Britney just isn't cool anymore (thanks to that K-Fed up loser she married). Not that I was ever a fan. She's not last week, but last decade.

Jessica is a good singer, but she lacks personality (unless you call her lack of intelligence her personality).

I like Pink and Nelly Furtado. Pink has got a very good voice and her songs are good. Like her videos too.

Never heard of Brenda K. Starr.

Celtic Woman tour? Doesn't really ring a bell. Who are part of that group?

Yah, Madonna is one of those that stays good primarily because she's never the same thing twice. Each new album is something different than the last one. To me, thats why she has lasted so long as not only a recording artist, but a good one and popular to beat.

Brenda K. Starr was a backup singer in the 80s I think for Prince.

She was also in the 80s early Rap movie BeatStreet. Had a big English hit, I Still Believe.

Her big comeback to identity has been on the Salsa scene and I think she's great at it. Some people say they wish she would jet from salsa and get more into r&b, but personally I think the female r&b scene is too flooded. There are really good ones who lead the pack and then too many who try it, and don't stack up to the leaders, so they're just another product of one hit wonderland.

Celtic Woman is this tour of Irish women, playing and singing all kinds of Celtic music. Their names aren't any I know.

That Bettingfield gal is pretty kewl too!

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

You mean Natasha Bedingfield?

I think Madonna should just grow up. I had this discussion with my aunt, who is Madonna's age. She said that when you get older, you aren't that vain and superficial anymore. You don't need to be worshipped by other men anymore to feel good about yourself because, thanks to your experience in life, you're confident and know your worth. Then I saw Madonna's new video and realised, she's still as superficial as she was at 20. She didn't mature. She's dressing like a 15 year old and flirting with men half her age. Although I like her music, I think that's kinda sad. Age in style, Madonna!

but the last lass i made love to was 28 years younger than i am ...

You remind me of Michael Douglas. :lol: