Random Topics

Patrick Hand

If you dented a 350 million dollar airplane...4 times..would you sleep at night?

Man I feel bad for that poor person

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dented a 350 million dollar airplane...4 times..would you sleep at night?

:D Yikes! I hope he only rents a house and leases his car, so when the insurance bill comes, he won't lose everything.

And completely off the subject, is anyone else addicted to the TV show House? I'd never heard of it before. We can't get TV where I live, so I saw a House Marathon while staying at a motel in Ojai. Was hooked. Now I'm renting the series DVDs at Blockbuster. That guy just cracks me up. He says all the stuff we'd like to, but are too polite to actually say. Yeah, he can be painfully insensitive, but sheesh, can he be funny! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I love House.

Love it. In a very bad way.

I also don't have television, but I do own all four seasons of house. Oh yes.

I actually found out about House because one of my students compared my teaching to House.

So I happened to be in Niagara Falls (kitsch central) this morning when it occurred to me to look for the Indian Maiden in the Mists going over the falls in her canoe statue. I asked several wary service people who claimed to be natives of the locale about this and they claimed no knowledge of said statue or the TV show from whence it came. (You would think locals would at least be cognizant of a show set in their town, even if it did only last three episodes.) One guy told me that there was an Indian statue at Table Rock, which was only somewhat helpful.

So I convinced my sister and her husband to walk along the path bordering the falls to see if we could locate the statue. I really wanted a picture of me with the statue. Never found it. I'm guessing it doesn't really exist. Failing that, we scurried back to our car and drove back to Niagra on the Lake (quaint central - every time I enter this town, I am reminded of the polka that starts playing each time Bill Murray walks into downtown Punxsutawney.)

Another photo op missed because the subject is non-existent.

This is quite sad. I really wanted there to be a statue. Is the myth a myth too?

So I happened to be in Niagara Falls (kitsch central) this morning when it occurred to me to look for the Indian Maiden in the Mists going over the falls in her canoe statue. I asked several wary service people who claimed to be natives of the locale about this and they claimed no knowledge of said statue or the TV show from whence it came. (You would think locals would at least be cognizant of a show set in their town, even if it did only last three episodes.) One guy told me that there was an Indian statue at Table Rock, which was only somewhat helpful.

So I convinced my sister and her husband to walk along the path bordering the falls to see if we could locate the statue. I really wanted a picture of me with the statue. Never found it. I'm guessing it doesn't really exist. Failing that, we scurried back to our car and drove back to Niagra on the Lake (quaint central - every time I enter this town, I am reminded of the polka that starts playing each time Bill Murray walks into downtown Punxsutawney.)

This is quite sad. I really wanted there to be a statue. Is the myth a myth too?

No, the myth appears to be real, although you could easily argue that my proof is specious. I found an illustrated kids book at a gift store called "The Maiden of the Mists" featuring an Indian girl in a canoe on the cover. (I didn't buy it because it was in Niagra Falls Tourist Sucker Prices and I couldn't abide that on general principle.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the point of Hang On Sloopy is? I mean, you know?

And is Sloopy the girl's real name? Did she get made fun of in school because of that name?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

It does exist - but it's on the Canadian side. Actually, it's featured in a short-lived but very funny and intelligent television series (I'm guessing the intelligence was the factor behind its short lifespan...) called Wonder Falls. It's about a young woman who works in a tourist shop in Niagara Falls and one day inanimate objects start speaking to her. Check it out - and as a bonus, you'll see the statue.

RHJMap.jpg

At the moment, I'm pondering what to do when Elections come. Whether to put down Jack Sparrow or Optimus Prime or Queen Elizabeth 2! I honestly don't want either candidate in office! Palin is bad enough as VP, Biden is worse though! OMG, his last stupidity show was horrific! OMG, FDR getting on the TV immediately to talk about Stock Market Crash that just happened?!??! Where the Hell did this guy learn History? OMG, horrific! And he's a Politician who's under Obama to be possibly the next VP? I DON'T THINK SO!!! And Palin.... uuuh, no comment there.

Seen both candidates... and knew all too well about the Clinton's too.... NONE of them this year were good enough for office.

Hang on, folks! We are SOOO in for a MAJORLY bumpy ride for the next 4 years FAR worse than the last 4 with Bush! :D

Got Gold? Got silver? Or should I quote Scar from "The Lion King" ... "Be Prepared!"

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It does exist - but it's on the Canadian side. Actually, it's featured in a short-lived but very funny and intelligent television series (I'm guessing the intelligence was the factor behind its short lifespan...) called Wonder Falls. It's about a young woman who works in a tourist shop in Niagara Falls and one day inanimate objects start speaking to her. Check it out - and as a bonus, you'll see the statue.

I own the series - it's what I was referring to. However, I could not find the statue and we were on the Canadian side. I asked locals and they had never even heard of Wonderfalls or an Indian girl in a canoe statue. I watched some of the episodes with the VO on after that post and they said the statue was portable - in fact, I think they said there was one stored at Niagra where location shots were done and one in Toronto where most of the show was actually filmed. So I stand on my (lack of) discovery and say it doesn't exist. At least not as a real statue in Niagra Falls, that is. Else I would have gotten a pic of me with it. (I'd be interested to find out where the two statues are, though. If it wasn't too expensive, I'd put on of 'em in my back yard. Right next to my velociraptor prop.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow, Mission, you have a velociraptor in your back yard! That is just SO kewl!.................I want one. LOL

Do you have pictures of it?

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wow, Mission, you have a velociraptor in your back yard! That is just SO kewl!.................I want one. LOL

Do you have pictures of it?

Yeah, she's not exactly movie quality, but not bad for a home effort:

http://www.markck.com/images/props/PROPS_raptor.htm

She's in the back yard because...what the hell do you do with a 12' long fiberglassed velociraptor after the haunted house closes?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, that's horrible! If I hit it four times, it should have been blown out of the sky. Yea, I'd be mighty disappointed to have that many hits with no effective results. Why that alone could give me nightmares, the indestructible enemy airplane, ewww shiver's me timbers it does.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Thanks for the compliments!

Arguably talented, perhaps, but sadly insane. I won't even tell you how much that thing cost to make. (Actually, I have refused to figure it out.) I'd always wanted one since I saw a full-sized latex costume at the Halloween Show in Chicago in 1997. (If I remember the price rightly, it would have been a bargain...) Still, it's nice to see a dream come true. I do so love designing and creating weird things.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks for the compliments!

Arguably talented, perhaps, but sadly insane. I won't even tell you how much that thing cost to make. (Actually, I have refused to figure it out.) I'd always wanted one since I saw a full-sized latex costume at the Halloween Show in Chicago in 1997. (If I remember the price rightly, it would have been a bargain...) Still, it's nice to see a dream come true. I do so love designing and creating weird things.

Ah, Mission, you never cease to amaze me. I wish I lived closer ~ would love to see the Mad Scientist/Chirurgeon at work.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Ah, Mission, you never cease to amaze me. I wish I lived closer ~ would love to see the Mad Scientist/Chirurgeon at work.

My neighbor, who conveniently has her doctorate in Psychology, loves to come over to my wee little garage in September and see what I'm doing. Last year when I did the Skeleton Tree, I turned off the lights and turned on the blacklight to show her what it would really look like. (The paint scheme is a bit dodgy in regular light, but that's because it isn't made for regular light.) I think she's got a morbid streak in her. She even brings her friends over to see the stuff. She had some guys working on her house and they brought a five or six year old boy with them. I was working on my kitchen cabinets in the garage and he wandered in and was fascinated with all the skeleton parts lying around.

workshop1.jpg

So I took him to the yard to see the raptor and then I couldn't get rid of him. I was someone's hero for a half hour. :P:P

Mission_banner5.JPG

So I took him to the yard to see the raptor and then I couldn't get rid of him. I was someone's hero for a half hour. :P:P

Anyone who can be a hero to a small child, even for a little while, is a hero to me. Bravo for taking the time.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

When you think like a five year old, you appeal to a five year old.

Mission_banner5.JPG