Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in Key West for PiP when my Psychology class is meeting and taking a test.

Now I'm worried about what your extra credit assignement for your Psychology class during PiP is going to be......... :lol:

I never did report back on the results of that statistics thing I did here. (Does anyone even remember that?)

Fortunately, I don't need extra credit in this class. I've never had such an easy grader. I got 103% on the first test.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow! I think I just saw the the most hackneyed, yet slickly made movie ever. It had all of your favorite cliche concepts kitbashed with all of your favorite new technology buzzwords. Check it out: kids smarter than adults (the younger, the smarter) because of brain development patterns, future generation's DNA destroyed because of pollution, a brilliant scientist who can save humanity through a child's tear, mislead government officials, time travel, nano-technology, mysticism and an explanation of ancient symbology, the meaning of part of the Jabberwocky poem, how to commuicate with animals, a mystical box that unlocks a secret puzzle, future generations of multicultural societies wearing natural fabrics while living in the natural environment...and it even explained why we see bug-eyed aliens.

Yep, you get it all in this movie; it's the consumate cornball flick: The Last Mimzy. Get super cheesy popcorn if you decide to watch it.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

lol sounds like someone spliced everything ever dropped on the cutting room floor. What an interesting jumble that would make :P

Interesting...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Not really a random thought, but one out of frustration. Can we please trade Tavaris Jackson AND Adrian Peterson for two clipboards and a water cooler? Please, oh pretty please?

*EDIT* Can I add coach Brad Childress into the trade? Same terms. Good lord, the Vikings suck. Didn't I bitch about this same crap last year?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

According to Google, they're football players for the Chicago Bears.

See Hot Fuzz! Hilarious!

I think every movie studio in Hollywood should look at the way that Wright & Pegg do DVD extras. They are always much fun to watch! Most studios can't do in two and three extra DVDs what they can do in the extras on a single DVD which also includes the movie.

I wonder what it's like to have a tail? Do you suppose when a cat is watching something and its tail flips back and forth that is intentional? Or is it more like a habit - like people who twist their hair when they're reading?

So many things to learn.

I wonder what it's like to have a tail? Do you suppose when a cat is watching something and its tail flips back and forth that is intentional? Or is it more like a habit - like people who twist their hair when they're reading?

So many things to learn.

Hmmm, very thought provoking. I think it would be a bit of both, intentional and non-intentional. For instance our one cat, Kismet, does not switch her tail unless she is annoyed.

And I think it would be fun to have a tail. I always wanted to look a bit like the "Little's" with their curly tails.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Heh Jill, that's a cool name for a cat.

My dog has several wags. One is intermittent like a question. wag...yes?...wag...no?

Then theres the happy tail which wags the dog more than itself.

so cute.

51VMKTAX5RL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

I just love the Little's....Pandora reminds me of one. She has that sweet round fface and her tail is a wonderful mix of colors.

"In one way the Littles did not look at all like other people. They had tails. The Littles were proud of their tails. They kept them combed and brushed, and sometimes the women curled their tails when they wanted to look especially nice."

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Well that was fun....

New Years at the Wild Grape ( my Bosses restaurante)...New Years eve... big cop night.. so I bring my pillow and blankets to sleep down there......

Didn't work that way......

Well her chunka sh..... (ergh PG-13 )so less than desirabule individual shows up....(I drink... but not as much as "it" does.......eeergh her husband from chilli.....).....(no green card.. the only reason the chunks (OK PG -13) is here is because he is married to an American woman....)

OK... we had fun....... yah right....

So stating publicly....

I have no ties with nor no simpathy for any valensuellas or the table family (mesa)(the lowercase was intential... just to be insulting) with any of thier kirth of kin....

I danm the entier family line.. and wish they would all go to hell.....

hope yer New Year started out better than mine.................

OH yah... loaded the blunderbuss with a bunch nials.......

Hopefully thing will work out befor I fire them off.........

Hey.... haooy new years.....

• 6 months later...

What does you suppose happens to a flying insect when it gets into your car at point 'A', gets trapped there, you drive said insect several, possibly dozens, of miles and s/he gets released at point 'B'? Does the insect get ripped from his/her home and become lost and despondent? Do insects become despondent? Do they even have the facility for despondence? Do they have homes, per se? Ants seem to. What about flies? Or are their mental capacities such that they just go blithely about their little random flying insect lives, never even realizing that they've been displaced? What if said insect is a parent, inasmuch as an insect can have familial ties? Do their offspring long for them? Do they want? Do they shrivel up and die? (In the case of mosquitoes, I hope so.) So many questions...there needs to be a large federal grant to study this. (This is presuming that there hasn't already been such a large federal grant for such an insipid question. No, don't tell me if there is, it'll just make me despondent. Presuming I have the capacity for despondence concerning insects in the federal government.)

I don't think most insects live long enough to have familial ties, however...angst....I do believe they have angst..there is a big bee (locust killer) that chases everyone and anyone by my front porch and goes as far as whacking his olive like bee self against you. :lol:

Insects also have cohones what else would attack a thing so many times it's size? Can you say...Cooohonees?

Now I feel guilty killing bugs...except mosquitos (nod to Mission)

Once I was driving on the parkway and something large flew in the window, careened off the passenger seat back like a pingpong ball and landed on my dash..

It was so big I thought it was a small bird..

I was doing 65...

I saw it was a HUGE bug still moving and I covered it with a piece of mail till I got home.

I wasn't touching a bug that big :huh:

So I asked Daddy :lol:Poor Dads..

He informed me it was a Ciccada...sort of

apparently half of it was displaced on impact...

Reminds me of one of my favorite silly songs:

Christine Lavin Lyrics

"Fly On A Plane lyrics"

I'm a Fly on a Plane

I am buzzin' all around

I got on in Houston

Oh No I'm San Antonio bound.

I'm not riding in coach

I think I'll fly first class

I'm on the head of a banker

Zip zip I'm on the rim of her glass.

My on my I'm a fly

Takin' a free ride on a plane.

I'm a Fly on a Plane

The flight's a little erratic

The highest I've ever been

Was in a swingtime cowgirl's attic.

I didn't mean to leave home

But now the die is cast

I guess my Destiny's to roam

And to fly pretty fast, very fast, mighty fast.

My on my I'm a fly

Takin' a free ride on a plane.

When I get to San Antone

I'm gonna make a lot of new fly friends

When I tell them that I am from Houston

They're eyes will bug out and they'll say "Come Again?"

"Don't tell us no Texas tall tales

How did you get here?" I'll say "I flew".

Oh those San Antone flies will say

"Man Alive we've got immense respect for you".

I'm a Fly on a Plane

I've got a lot of dreams

I never counted on a rolled up

In-Flight Magazi...(slam)

So I happened to be in Niagara Falls (kitsch central) this morning when it occurred to me to look for the Indian Maiden in the Mists going over the falls in her canoe statue. I asked several wary service people who claimed to be natives of the locale about this and they claimed no knowledge of said statue or the TV show from whence it came. (You would think locals would at least be cognizant of a show set in their town, even if it did only last three episodes.) One guy told me that there was an Indian statue at Table Rock, which was only somewhat helpful.

So I convinced my sister and her husband to walk along the path bordering the falls to see if we could locate the statue. I really wanted a picture of me with the statue. Never found it. I'm guessing it doesn't really exist. Failing that, we scurried back to our car and drove back to Niagra on the Lake (quaint central - every time I enter this town, I am reminded of the polka that starts playing each time Bill Murray walks into downtown Punxsutawney.)

Another photo op missed because the subject is non-existent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Several random topics that must be put into the pensieve...

I have been watching season 1 of Danger Man. It is surprisingly fast-moving and intricate for a half hour show with such a lame name. I understand they switched to an hour format in later seasons. I wonder if it will just make it seem like other British hour-long shows from that era or if it will increase the intricacy of the plots?

I stumbled across Pink Martini totally by accident and am in the process of acquiring all their albums.

This is sort of interesting: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx I paid $2.99 yesterday.

There ain't no woman like the one-eyed Gott.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG