What are you doing right now?

Christine

Contemplating about a dozen paint samples taped to my bedroom wall, trying to decide which shade of Maderia red I'm going to paint them.

Currently the room is a sickly pale yellow, which seemed like a good idea six years ago, but which I hated as soon as it was on the walls. So I'm going for the dark, intimate color scheme of rich red walls, green drapes, and pictures in gold frames. Very Victorian brothel. :lol::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comforting my pup...

he's mopey..dunno why :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh... learning the minuet so I can dance with my daughter at the ball at Beaufort, NC. :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oi...Just because I can't dance doesn't mean I can't shoot... :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Contemplating about a dozen paint samples taped to my bedroom wall, trying to decide which shade of Maderia red I'm going to paint them.

Currently the room is a sickly pale yellow, which seemed like a good idea six years ago, but which I hated as soon as it was on the walls. So I'm going for the dark, intimate color scheme of rich red walls, green drapes, and pictures in gold frames. Very Victorian brothel. ;):ph34r:

Try Kelly Moore claret - that's what the foyer to our bedroom is painted and it's a terrific shade of red.

RHJMap.jpg

I've given up waiting for the roofing contractor. I guess he decided the weather wasn't to his liking today.

So, now I'm off for my walk to the grocery store to pick up some supplies before the sun gets too hot.

Oh... but first I guess I'd better devil those eggs that I boiled this morning and put them in the fridge.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Try Kelly Moore claret - that's what the foyer to our bedroom is painted and it's a terrific shade of red.

I'm not sure if they sell Kelly Moore paint in Oregon, but the red foyer sounds smashing. Actually, the fact that your bedroom HAS a foyer sounds smashing. When you live in a 1970s era rancher of 1,200 sq ft, things get a bit cramped — no foyers.

However, yesterday we were looking at possible dark green curtains, inexpensive ones made to look like a pattern of cut velvet leaves. They would look awesome against the red.

Color choices for said room have been narrowed down to three, with Maderia Red, and Montpelier Red Velvet from Lowes, running neck and neck.

Now I am contemplating a small project — sanding and painting a cute little end table/bookshelf that I was given for free at a garage sale, when I bought a big box trunk for $20. The table is an odd, decapitated pyramid shape, so lends itself to becoming a sitting stool as well, if I add a padded cushion on top. It will also be the first time I get to use my handy-dandy new palm sander. :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

relaxing and enjoying the gentle sound of the rain.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Finally gettin' meself and the wee lad ready to go shoppin'.....

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

^ What she said....

I did house clean'n once; it took me three days t' clean up th' aftermath!

I will NEVER do that again!

;)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Well, I gave in and I'm actually cleaning the toilets right now.

Guess the disinfectant gel's been sitting long enough and I should go scrub 'em out now.

Oh the romance, oh the glamour! ;)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I'm packing up everything I own for the second time this year. I'm trying to get it all done in between working the late shift and sleeping whenever I can.

It's a little easier this time since I'm moving from a house and not a 3rd floor apartment without an elevator like my last move. Everything gets to go into a storage unit for the next year so there will be no unpacking for quite a while this time. (not mentioning that everything wasn't unboxed from the last move yet...)

My work will be paying for a furnished home for me for the next year while I'm in New Mexico teaching so I should be able to save up for a few nice toys !!!

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Well...

I dusted a shelf...then I noticed my few old stuffies there for many years looked dusty...so I vacumed them...then the rug...then the air conditioner filter..the radiator..under the bed....

and so on...

Now most of that gets vacumed regularly..once I start I can't quit till it's all done..

I think I need a 12 step program... :blink:

But at least I have clean stuffies...ACHOO!!!! B):blink:

wondering...

Crewe of the Archangel

:unsure: ugh!

Getting cards printed off to have available at RAGBRAI this Thursday since I'll be a "Street character".

On top of that calling around to get rent assistance. Getting papers around to take to General Assistance. At least I don't have to deal with DHS any more. That was painless.

Getting around to run up to Sedona Temp Staffing to get a little something to bring money in as practically the only jobs available now is flood clean up. And to check in with a Church about getting some rent help.

Hope that the Unemployment check comes today so I can put a little more gas back in what I wasted in running around and also importantly, EAT! As well as give a little something to pay rent.

Ugh... I do so hate floods. I really do. Oh, how they mess up yer life!!!

Then it's working on some outfits later and cleaning. And whatever else pops up that needs to be done.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Working on my art journal, for round three of the Pyrate Art Journals.

Working on a private art commission.

Getting my jewelry pieces ready to photo and post for sale — a new venture.

Doing corrections from the chapter edits on my book, received from my writer's group last Friday.

Dragging hoses around the yard and garden — my never-ending summer chore.

:unsure: Whew, I think that about covers everything — for now.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

having a cigarette.... great day at the beach today! Drunk couple starts having sex in the water RIGHT in front of our thirty kids... what is wrong with people? :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

Wasting WAY too much time looking at silver teapots on Ebay. :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg