What are you doing right now?

Christine

Mostly still blowing my nose and couging. :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like fun! I have a couple of snotties that could join you...snigger

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

No thanks, I've seen enough snot lately, thank you ever so much. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

ROTDLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Feel better!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Contemmplating sushi....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Oi Christine Lass..ye feelin better?

I am putting together a huge presentation for work...sigh...print/ burn/ paste/ stick/ copy//rinse - repeat

I need a cappuccino!!! <_<

Just finished putting together the navagation chart for Skull Pyrate Carter's art journal.

Now it's time for some....hmmm, maybe hot chocolate and Tattoo?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I don't have pics downloaded for Carter's book yet, but I have this one I did for Oderlesseye's book. Carters is a bit smaller, as his book was smaller, and instead of a ship in the center, there is a skull and crossbones. Each ring turns, as does the little boat. It's not a donut. The blue circle under the boat is a seperate piece sitting on top of the other two, and which turns like the others. I'm making one for each art journal book, but each will be a bit different, depending on the person whose book it is.

Hope you weren't thinking it was a REAL navagation chart. LOL These are just for fun, and a take-off on the POTC movie nav chart.

100_1434.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oi Christine Lass..ye feelin better?

Well, today was not a good one. I felt kind of strange from when I woke up. I made sure I ate, had breakfast and lunch, but when I got to work I felt shaky and light-headed. Maybe I didn't eat enough even tho I thought I did, I felt full soI dunno. I'm almost certain that I'm hypoglycemic. I get shaky and light-headed sometimes. Drinking orange juice helps when the feeling hits. I really don't know how I made it thru the whole day at work. I stayed light-headed the whole time. I drank some Sprite, nibbled on crackers and ate a little bit of the dinner they served, meatloaf. It kept me from passing out. I'm feeling better than earlier, but I still feel slightly weak. I'm just taking it easy, staying calm and eating soup with crackers. It's too bad my doctor's appointment isn't until next Thursday. I gotta wait a week to get in there.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Praying for you Christine...and wishing you the very best.

Crewe of the Archangel

Deciding... Press Gang opportunity tomorrow... right in my own backyard (or close enough)

The High School with the aide of one of the city outreaches for education is actually holding a major pirate event Friday evening... and it sounds as if folks are coming out of the wood work to attend. Although it can sometimes be hard to find that truly dedicated teen, at least they can drive down here... :lol: But families are coming to this also. So it looks as if tis time to put on the working gear and make my way over as well...

Wish me success...

Crewe of the Archangel

Christine have you been tested for diabetes?

Sterling,,,go get 'em man. You can never have too many crewe :lol:

I totally agree... :lol:

Crewe of the Archangel

I'm hypoglycemic as well. If I wait too long to eat, I get the shakes. But I don't get lightheaded. My affliction is a fairly mild version, though.

Has this happened before?

Yeah, I've had this happen before. It's usually when I wait too long to eat or if I didn't eat enough. I don't think it's diabetes. I've had blood work done before, if I had it I'm sure it would have shown up by now. The light-headed feeling sometimes come on when it's warm out and then add that on top of not eating enough. It was warm out yesterday and the last thing I ate before going to work was chinese food. I guess it was not enough and the shaky feeling kicked in.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine,

Keep an eye on that blood sugar. I was hypoglycemic for years before the diabetes showed itself. I still get hypoglycemic and I don't take insulin. A glass of fruit juice and tablespoon of cake icing.

Are you sure you don't mean hyperglycemia instead? I've heard hyperglycemia can eventually lead to diabetes. All I've read so far on hypoglycemia is that if you don't eat enough or wait too long to eat you'll feel shaky. It didn't say anything about diabetes. Tho I guess not being careful and not eating right can cause problems no matter what.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Do you have any of these in your family history? Though Diabetes isn't necesarily hereditary.

Many of the medical emergencies I have seen at the airport a lot of them have been diabetic folks who for some reason skip the meds while traveling. Or they are on a very long flight and have not eaten or drank properly. Sometimes it can just be a reaction. There was on 12 year old girl who passed out simply due to the fact that in 22 hrs of travel (not including the land portion) she had eaten almost nothing. Her blood sugar was so low (add in the exhaustion of travel amd likely some dehydration) they had to take her to the hosp. Her grandmother was an idiot. 'Nuff said.

Some have come around almost immediately with a glass of OJ or some honey and /or grahm crackers. Keep those snack packs handy but check with your MD first.

A side note. Peeps I know the latest travel restrictions make it hard on those of you who take meds. The TSA will allow those you need including liquids. Any airline will accomodate a need for privacy if you require your insulin shot while on board. Don't skip what you need. You and your health are protected by law and by passenger rights. Also never pack your meds in the hold. The temp can not be guaranteed. Should you get diverted to another location or the plane has a lengthy mechanical prob, it could be the next day before they offload the bags in the belly. Keep the meds with you at all times. Or at least a 3 day supply.

Christine, dear, I am sorry you have been feeling so ill. You definitely need to get a blood sugar test done.

I have been hypoglycemic all of my life. I am the youngest known person to have ever been diagnosed with it at the age 2. I was clinically dead when I was diagnosed. My medical records are on file at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. And I am also in the medical journals for reference usage still to this day.

There are several key points to remember if you are hypoglycemic.

1. Always eat small meals or have nutritous snacks in between meals.

2. Do not load up on sugary snacks. It will be a quick high for you then a even harder drop.

3. If you need to eat something with sugar to sustain you then you have approximately 20 to 30 minutes to eat a real meal with protien.

4. Protien is a key ingredient to staying regulated.

5. Be sure to get enough sleep and keep your stress level as low as you can. Both of these factors can drop your sugar.

6. Beaware of your personality and moods too. Often times when your sugar drops you will be come lethargic, disoriented, confused, lack of concentration but also, your will become very mean and nasty. Trust me....there have been times I become the tazmanian devil....but as soon as I eat I am me again...sweet and sugary.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I will answer them as best as I can. I have a plethora of experience with both hypoglycemia and diabetes.

Please get better. Much Love, and Many Hugs and Kisses to ya.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Christine, dear, I am sorry you have been feeling so ill. You definitely need to get a blood sugar test done.

I have been hypoglycemic all of my life. I am the youngest known person to have ever been diagnosed with it at the age 2. I was clinically dead when I was diagnosed. My medical records are on file at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. And I am also in the medical journals for reference usage still to this day.

There are several key points to remember if you are hypoglycemic.

1. Always eat small meals or have nutritous snacks in between meals.

2. Do not load up on sugary snacks. It will be a quick high for you then a even harder drop.

3. If you need to eat something with sugar to sustain you then you have approximately 20 to 30 minutes to eat a real meal with protien.

4. Protien is a key ingredient to staying regulated.

5. Be sure to get enough sleep and keep your stress level as low as you can. Both of these factors can drop your sugar.

6. Be aware of your personality and moods too. Often times when your sugar drops you will be come lethargic, disoriented, confused, lack of concentration but also, your will become very mean and nasty. Trust me....there have been times I become the tazmanian devil....but as soon as I eat I am me again...sweet and sugary.

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I will answer them as best as I can. I have a plethora of experience with both hypoglycemia and diabetes.

Please get better. Much Love, and Many Hugs and Kisses to ya.

I have a doctor's appointment next Thursday to check up on all this. I tried to get in this week, but they had nothing available until next Thursday, ugh. I really think it's what my aunt said, a hormonal imbalance. I did some reading up on that and all that I've been experiencing, including the mild hypoglycemia, is part of hormonal imbalance. I'm going to ask my doctor about that and see what they say.

Today was actually a good day even tho it was extremely busy at work. I made sure I had my little snacks with me, got enough to eat at lunch and tried to stay as calm as I possibly could. A very slight migraine started to come on, but I took my migraine meds and that helped. Thank goodness it's Friday! I'm going to just kick back this weekend, woo-hoo! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg