My pyrate novel comes out tomorrow-god, i need rum

Just ordered your book, mate! Should be here in a few days... I'm very much looking forward to reading it!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a fun read! Will have to pick up a copy!

I just finished me own pirate legend and am about to send it off to my agent. *crosses fingers* I have two vampire novels in print and abruptly changed tracks. B)

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Good luck t' all authors o' fine pyrate tales! Nelson Cooke, John Maddox Roberts, m' saving th' doubloons as we speak t' purchase a copy...Looks quite entertaining! Working on copyright and publication o' m' own pyrate tale...Haven't quite sent it to agent yet, but I am actively looking fer n agent t' represent me... B) Huzzah! At least th' work(which took me many years t' finish), is completed! B) I be sure t' watch out fer those Hollywood types..

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

My books can be had via amazon.com or you can get your local bookstore to order it via the ISBN. All the links to the books can be found on my own site:

http://www.cynthiazeuli.com

:P

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Nelson Cooke  Posted on Apr 26 2005, 10:26 PM

Hetha, congrats on finishing your yarn. If you tell prospective agents you've got a sword, they should be responsive. If it's got innards on it, be sure to mention that.

An agent who could use some steel in him :

user posted image

Pirates of Pensacola

:ph34r: Thanks Nelson, I will be sure to mention it! And as fer the one you showed me, I'll save my special rusty toledo sword for him...why waste my finer blades? hehehe....All tricksy agents should be forewarned..and I do have three local publishers that are interested to some degree in my story already... :ph34r::ph34r:

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

• 2 weeks later...

Nelson Cooke, lad... great tale! I enjoyed it very much, and recommend it! My only complaint is that you should have included your cool drawings in the book!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished yer book--

Danged fine tale! Ye done good, lad.

Now, I'll have ta second Morgan's comment about illustrations.

Harpooner Flarq's scrimshaws shoulda been scattered through th book highlightin the tale somewhat.

Mebbee a special edition later on?

Anyway--Congrats on a job well-done. :ph34r:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Nelson Cooke Posted on May 10 2005, 09:31 PM

Captain Morgan, thanks. This beer's for you...

...and I'm guessing the check got to you and cleared.

:D;)

Think nothing of it, mate! I spoke only the truth!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

My books can be had via amazon.com or you can get your local bookstore to order it via the ISBN. All the links to the books can be found on my own site:

http://www.cynthiazeuli.com

:huh:

Holy Bat Shaped Christmas Cookies...it's a small world!!!!

Cinn...it's Cyn (she of the Samhain print yer Cousin Susan bought fer ye).

I'm perusing the thread, planning to buy this one for my "need to read" stack...and see your link! Your book is already in my "need to read" stack!!!

Just saying 'ello...nice to see you here as well. Too bad our meeting at Suz's shower was so short. :blink:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• 3 weeks later...

It be awhile since I've swung by this board, so my well-wishes come a bit late, but may I just say:

HUGE congratulations to Nelson Cooke!!! SO incredibly awesome. Much, much congratuations -- and I can't wait to read it!

Have a round on me!!!! :lol:

:o

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg