How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel incredibly relieved. Janelle had a series of MRI's run this morning, and they show no change in the progression of the multiple sclerosis when compared to the MRI's from two years ago. So it looks like we're on the right track! :huh::huh::lol::huh::huh:

Hallelujah!! Great to hear !!! :huh::huh::huh: :) :)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

as for myself... broken elbow is sore, sore, sore...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I feel extraordinary! It's raining. I love the rain. If only it were storming... :huh:

Jack, I'm so happy for you and Janelle! Yay! :huh:

Captain, when did you break your elbow?!?!? :huh:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

I feel extraordinary! It's raining. I love the rain. If only it were storming... :huh:

Jack, I'm so happy for you and Janelle! Yay! :huh:

Captain, when did you break your elbow?!?!? :huh:

Last year right before Halloween I cracked it, then managed to finish it off in the new house... nothing they can do about it... so it remains broken... and I'm beginning to notice cold and damp mixed together ... not the best... oh well..

Crewe of the Archangel

It won't knit?

I did something similar with the ball of my left foot. Cracked it when I was 18, but I still can't wear high heels. And cold damp days, I limp...

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

It won't knit?

I did something similar with the ball of my left foot. Cracked it when I was 18, but I still can't wear high heels. And cold damp days, I limp...

Yes I seem to have that problem with broken bones, but no, they told me I completely broke off the tip that holds some other bone in place... its just sitting there. There is enough still left to keep the elbow working properly but I guess the cold months will be rougher... I never noticed it at all during the summer...

Crewe of the Archangel

no but I'll look into it...

Crewe of the Archangel

Now this is an interesting thread...

My Dear Captain Sterling,

My "mundane" self spent many years studying herbs, even to graduating as an "herbalist" from schooling by respectable "herbal" scholars. I use so many quotation marks because I live In a country that has little recognition for herbal medicine, despite the vegetal orgins of many of their most prescribed medications. Were I living in another country, I might be foregoing the quotation marks for abbreviations after my name. In the immortal words of C.J.S.: Savvy?

That said, looking into comfrey currently is most likely to get you into discourse of pyrrolizidine akaloids. I was working as an herbalist when agents of the FDA came into the shop looking for every product that contained comfrey. This was a decade or two ago, and pyrrolizidine akaloids had bben recently linked to a case of liver failure. It was of no matter that comfrey had many centuries, nay! millenia of use. One abuse of comfrey extract brought federal regulation into play. Ultimately, comfrey was allowed to stay on the U.S. market. I mention all this only because you wi ll find a lot of references to pyrrolizidine akaloids and comfrey as you do your own research.

More personally, I broke a navicular bone...damn nasty fracture that. I followed the course prescribed by the physician for 6 weeks with no visible healing. Facing my second cast, and just budding as an herbalist, I used a formula no longer commercialy available to help my healing. The progress was remarkable. What did that formula contain? Several sources of calcium, twice that of magnesium, some phosphorus, comfrey, cayenne, and ephedra. The last will get you into some trouble these days as a few stupid people abusing the herb have created a national backlash against it, but traditional Oriental Medicine doctors are still able to use it in their formulations.

Long story made short: You might want to consult with an OTM doctor about your elbow.

Contact me directly if you want any more information.

Best reg-arrgh-ds!

Captain Jigme

Thank you I shall keep all this in mind...

Crewe of the Archangel

Ok I'll chime in!!

Had some inservice training on Tuesday.

The senario was I had to respond to an assistance call for a DNR agent. Only when I arrived (turned around), I found perp on top of the DNR repeatedly stabbing him. (sad fact is all senarios were based on real and recent incidents).

Running to assist and drawing my pistol, I fired on the badguy, who fled to his car.

After putting about ten rounds at the badguy, I dragged the dnr out of the lane of traffic of the perp's vehicle. The dummy was about one hundred to one fifty pounds in weight. I then put more rounds into the perp as he began to pull away.

Now in reality, there is no way this person could have possibly lived through this.

But in the process of saving "the dummy", this dummy (myself) tweaked my back.

Of coarse I put it off. But last night stunk and I couldn't sleep. But a trip to the "crack doctor" popped me back into place.

"Yer on ice!" I was told. But you can't keep a good Rats down.

Funny thing is, I was told by the trainers, that I was the only person who cared enough to drag the DNR dummy out of the line of the badguy's car.

When questioned about my actions, I told em, "Christsake, the man was just stabbed! I'll be damned if I'm gonna let him get ran over too?"

But now I'm sore and tired!!

Gotta luv it when the good guys win!!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

How do feel? Well. . .a mixture really nervous concern for my Mom who will be going into surgery soon. Glad, that my Grandma is down from Ohio to look after me. Sad, because God seems to be closing a door to something I really liked doing (Pirate Fest, If you want more info PM pm me). Exspecting, for when one door closes another one opens. Excited, I am turing the big "3" "0" (Hey I am a big kid at heart!)

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

(Hey I am a big kid at heart!)

...and a big-hearted kid!

Happy birthday, many more, and hang in there! B)

AWWW thanks Phil, I needed that!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Feeling VERY good. Weighed myself and found out what my clothes were telling me. Time to buy NEW clothes! Lost 15 pounds in the last month.

Rewarded myself by purchasing a copy of the Metallica concert I attended in Vegas from LiveMetallica.com Listening to it now as I work out.

15 more pounds 'til I get to fighting weight! Time to get back to throwing weights around. Toodles! B)

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Traumatized!!!

I was blow-drying my hair in a hurry (having spent too much time pissing about on-line this morning when I have errands to run) and I got impatient and held the dryer too close to the brush, so that the metal grill on the front was actually resting on my hair. To my shock and horror, a chunk of hair actually melted!

Okay, granted, it was a small chunk, and in the layers underneath where you can't actually see it, but still --

I melted my hair!!!

Sheesh -- talk about a bad hair day!

~H

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I feel like I've been hit by Mac truck. Worked hard in my garden all day yesterday, and this morning I'm paying for it big time! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

On the melting hair...OW my sympathies, I have bad dreams like that!

Now? Happy I have 3 days off! B)B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I'm grossed out right now. I picked up some snacks at the local corner market and the clerk bleed all over my bag. YUCK!!!!!

Hey, Rogue:

Yuck, indeed! I think that's probably worse than melting off a few strands of hair.

But I'm wondering why the clerk was bleeding ... nose bleed? ... torn cuticle? ... or did you menace the clerk with your cutlass?

[Which makes me think that all those pretty jewels and coins in the pirates' treasure chests might have had some inconvenient stains on them too.]

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg