How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*pinches arm*

I feel funny. :rolleyes:

I'm just happy it's almost Friday. The end of the work week is always the best. And, I'm contemplating seeing Red Eye, or holding out and waiting for The Brothers Grimm.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Feeling better than earlier. I had the migraine from hell and went to bed at 4pm on Thursday. I had taken some meds to help get rid of the pain, made me all loopy. I slept til....well, now, got up at almost midnight. At least the migraine's gone, but I feel groggy. Now I gotta try and sleep again cuz I have work at 8am this morning....le sigh.... :(

I also can't wait to see Brothers Grimm either Sophia. It looks really good!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Feeling as if I've been washed over by a tidal wave and am now trying to wade through all the emotions and information. Some of ye know that I've been experiencing a lot of neck-back problems this summer, which have greatly worsened over the past two months (tingling arms, loss of some fine motor skills, limited ability to drive my car, etc). Have worked extensively over the past few years with this problem by utilizing chiropractic medicine, massage therapy, traction, exercises, improved posture, and more.

Had an MRI done a couple weeks ago and met with the neurosurgeon on Wednesday. Not good news. Degenerative problems with five of my cervical discs (neck) with two being now in awful shape. Surgery recommended as soon as possible, unless (here's the bright light on the horizon) I can hold out until the FDA approves trials of a cervical disc replacement which has been developed in Europe with great success. If I have traditional surgery now, those two worse discs would have to be fused together, then the other three within a couple years, which would in essence remove almost all my mobility in my neck. Not good, mates. The FDA is poised to allow trials of the disc replacement to begin here, perhaps before xmas. So, my neurosurgeon and I have decided to take a gamble that the FDA will actually allow this new surgery before I am in an emergency state and I would be a primary candidate for disc replacement. So, have cautiously agreed to an injection of cortisone into my neck before Labour Day. That 'might' buy me a bit more time.

Heavy sigh. The worst part right now is having more and more loss of fine motor skills and the constant nerve tingling in all of my right arm and partial left arm. My neck and shoulder are so stiff I can hardly move at times. And, the medicines to help 'ease the pain' make me sleepy, nervous and have headaches.

Anyway, I am hopeful about disc replacement so will keep that as my focus. Sorry to go on so much, but just wanted to update ye all mates.

Ciaran

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Feeling better than earlier. I had the migraine from hell and went to bed at 4pm on Thursday. I had taken some meds to help get rid of the pain, made me all loopy. I slept til....well, now, got up at almost midnight. At least the migraine's gone, but I feel groggy. Now I gotta try and sleep again cuz I have work at 8am this morning....le sigh.... :ph34r:

I also can't wait to see Brothers Grimm either Sophia. It looks really good!

Christine, have you tried feverfew? I'm prone to migraines also and just this week heard that feverfew taken daily helps with the blood vessels and lessens the frequency, duration and intensity of migraines.

RHJMap.jpg

Drunk, happily looking forward to going back out to the Renaissance Faire this weekend... Wondering if my kitten will quit trying to eat my braids... Drunk.... and thinking that "Full Throttle" and tequila might be a bad combination... This is Mad Jack, signing off... Open the Stargate! WoooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo~~~!!!!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Christine, have you tried feverfew? I'm prone to migraines also and just this week heard that feverfew taken daily helps with the blood vessels and lessens the frequency, duration and intensity of migraines.

Just don't take it along with aspirin or any other blood-thinning compounds, or you'll bleed out.

Also, be careful the first time you use it - watch for sores or rashes around your mouth. A small percentage of people have adverse reactions to the leaf itself, or decoctions made from it.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Whoa! Do I really want to take this then? :huh: Hmmmm....I need to really look thru the medicine isle and see what I can take that won't mess me up further. Right now I feel better. No pain at all, I got the fluids back in me......uh, yeah, I started feeling better after I brought up.....yeah. *ahem* I first thought it was maybe the food I ate from work. I can ask my friend/co-worker who ate with me how she felt. The thing is migraines make you feel horrible no matter what you eat and where you eat from.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine I be glad yer feelin better.

I have discovered this summer that if I take Aleve or any type of Naproxen, within 30 minutes I develop the halos/vision problems associated with migraines, but not a full-blown headache. It is one of the minor side effects of Naproxen. Anyway, I'm completely fine if I take ibuprofen or aspirin, though. Jes thought I'd throw that out, as sometimes medicines we take to help something, can actually make things worse!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Yup, and the last thing I want to do is make things worse! Usually I just take the Advil liqui gels and it does work. Last night was just worse cuz I needed to get rid of the food I ate. But normally, the migraine comes on, I take the advil, go in a dark room and it goes away. I'd love to get rid of them completely, but not sure how to make that possible.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I've worked with folks over the years who would get migraines that would sometimes wipe them out for days. My brother gets them occasionally, too. Thank the goddess there are more over-the-counter drugs available now and more information available.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

The over-the-counter stuff doesn't quite work for me and the prescription stuff has horrible side effects. At one point I was given cafergot and after it kicked in, I fell down and started convulsing. THAT wasn't fun.

When I was 17-18 I had a migraine that lasted eight months. As in non-stop 24/7. I was tested for everything and no one could come up with a reason for it, so instead we looked at making it go away. I ended up being trained in biofeedback, which helped immensely. If I can catch the migraine in time, I can control it to the point where I can go through my day with relatively little pain (like the average person's headache.)

RHJMap.jpg

I agree Jill. If I get some medicine into me at the start of the migraine I'll be fine. I pop in the Advil Liqui-gels and it becomes somewhat tolerable and then it goes away. GelStat huh? I wonder if there's side effects. I'm always a bit leery, the last thing I want to do is make things worse. It's like how I discovered I'm now allergic to Vick's Nyquil. My pupils got as big as saucers, I got all dizzy and then I just passed out. Cleared up the coughing, sneezing, achey feeling tho-lol! Worked a bit too well! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

GelStat was just featured on the news here in Minneapolis, and it's supposed to be a good remedy with no side effects. They were even featured in the Wall Street Journal. As someone who used to write pharmacokinetic dosing software, I'm always wary of interactions and side effects. These guys seem to know what they're talking about.

To quote Pink Floyd, "I have become comfortably numb."

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?