And Before PARF is...

PyratePhil

Well, it's "come as you are"... :huh:

So you're saying that I should show up at the faire without pants? ;) At least that would make me easy to pick out of a crowd. I could call myself "Capt. Drafty" and pretend that I don't know why people are looking at me strangely. :blink:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's "come as you are"...  ;)

So you're saying that I should show up at the faire without pants? :huh: At least that would make me easy to pick out of a crowd. I could call myself "Capt. Drafty" and pretend that I don't know why people are looking at me strangely. :blink:

LOL!!! ;)

Naw...jes...be "comfortable"....

I be in about 20 pounds o' Pyrate gear - nuthin' says YOU has ta be thet way...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

20 pounds only Phil? :blink:

chatiry - i'd always find a space for a friend to bunk, even if it be a couch. i'm sure you'd have no problem finding accomodations wherever you're in the neighborhood of a pub member.

Thank you :huh:

hero.jpg

Phi it's not come as you are....It's come as you RRRRRRRRR

Dang! Silly me - thank ye, laddie!

Are ye able ta' make this one? (I hope)

LADIES CHRISTINE AND CHARITY:

Simple soultion, lasses - take th' bloody stuff OFF! :lol:

It's been historically authenticated that Golden Age women did in fact wear only Victoria's Secret in their daily travels. :lol:

~ Vegetius

Long and short is . . . I can't make it up this weekend! ;);)

But good luck with opening, and I hope to see you in 2 weeks!

*sniff*

Well, lass, ye do what ye must - make sure th' surprise be Pyratey enough...

Have a good 'un, and we be watchin' fer ye! An' thankee fer th' good wishes!

~ Vegetius

I had a lot of fun in Wilkes-Barre this Sunday. There was not a lot in the way of vendors, but I did find myself forced to part with some hard earned cash for a stuffed dragon holding a rabbit in one hand and a bottle of tabasco sauce in the other. The shows helped to make up for the lack of vendors, as did the hot apple sundae on a waffle. My favorite shows were Clann An Drumma (crazy Scotsmen with drumsticks), the Singing Executioners (a comedy duo who are exactly what their name implies), and Phil's pirate show (also what the name implies). It was also nifty to finally meet someone from the pub, and it was nice chatting with PyratePhil. Finally, I have to say that the big, dark gymnasium-like building full of vendors was strange at first, but it certainly came in handy when it was pouring rain outside. :)

Arr, lass, th' pleasure were all mine!

An' did ye catch the authentic touch I added ta th' Pyrate Phil show? Th' one where th' blood were spurtin' down me leg???

I figures, it AIN'T a Pyrate show until there be rum, sex, and blood - well, I contributed 2 outta' 3, anyways...

...now, iffin' we could jes' get some rum... :(:(

Aye, we only has 40 vendors or so - we still be a "new" show (2nd year), but hopefully th' word be gettin' out in a goodly manner...

LOL - "th' big, dark buildin'"...aye, me thoughts were th' same at first... sigh...ye does what ye has ta' do...but it WERE cover, like'n ye said!

Again, apologies fer' th' crappy weather - seems we gets it whenever somethin' nice be planned outta' doors. :(

Thankee fer comin', luv - pretty lasses arrr ALWAYS a pleasure! :(

~ Vegetius

My favorite shows were Clann An Drumma (crazy Scotsmen with drumsticks), the Singing Executioners (a comedy duo who are exactly what their name implies), and Phil's pirate show (also what the name implies). It was also nifty to finally meet someone from the pub, and it was nice chatting with PyratePhil.

Oh that sounds awsome...

Would be great to be there some times too..wish me luck for 2007 :(

An' did ye catch the authentic touch I added ta th' Pyrate Phil show? Th' one where th' blood were spurtin' down me leg???

ROTFLMAO..Phil..nice touch :(

I figures, it AIN'T a Pyrate show until there be rum, sex, and blood - well, I contributed 2 outta' 3, anyways...

Which two where those? :(

Never mind..i know.. :(

hero.jpg

ROTFLMAO..Phil..nice touch :(

*In Daffy Duck voice*

I know, I KNOW - but I can only do it once! :(

~ Vegetius

ROTFLMAO..Phil..nice touch :D

*In Daffy Duck voice*

I know, I KNOW - but I can only do it once! :D

aye - as ye can see - our pyrate poet is a danger only to himself! gee, phil, you disappeared from the stage area before i could give ye a treatment of 'eye of newt'. i really hope your leg will be in fine working order for this weekend! the red river running down your leg was quite an inpressive sight. ant seemed to be a little worried too. see you saturday, love. :D

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Arr, lass, th' pleasure were all mine!

...now, iffin' we could jes' get some rum... :huh::lol:

No, I somehow managed to miss the spurting blood! :huh: I guess your black pants did a good job of hiding it. When did it happen? When we met again at the end of the day, I was curious about why you were limping, but I figured that you had twisted your ankle or something. I hope you feel better soon.

On the bright side, you could probably take advantage of the limp in order to do a pretty mean Capt. Barbossa impression. You would just need to exchange your parrot for a monkey. :)

Again, apologies fer' th' crappy weather - seems we gets it whenever somethin' nice be planned outta' doors.  :rolleyes:
The weather wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was strange that it seemed to be centered directly over Wilkes-Barre. The weather was beautiful the whole way up until I crested the last big hill before the town, and then there were suddenly rain clouds covering the whole area. It was also downright bizarre the way that the last of the rain ended at the very instant of the last drumbeat of the last song by Clann An Drumma. They couldn't have timed it better if they had tried.
Thankee fer comin', luv - pretty lasses arrr ALWAYS a pleasure!  :lol:
Awwww... :huh:

Were there any pics taken?

This lady needs to live it through experiences of others, any pics would be great :)

I'll have to see what I can do about posting some of the photos that I took. I should have a few good ones. I just need to remember my photobucket password so that I can share them.

I also used my camera to take a couple of amusing video clips. I took one of Phil demonstrating his piratical poetry and another of part of the pirate queen's death scene at the end ("I'm not dead yet!"). Unfortunately, the files are far too big to post online.