And Before PARF is...

PyratePhil

Endless Mountains Medieval Festival in Luzerne County, PA

May 28, 29 and June 4, 5, 11, & 12, 2005

10 am to 7 pm

They held it for the first time last year and I had scads of fun doing stage-combat and walk-around skits with the troupe.

This year, I understand they're trying to get a new place to hold the faire (if they suceed, it'll be 5 minutes from my house :lol: ), so I can't give directions yet.

Their website is Endless Mountains Medieval Festival

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's around a little town called Wilkes-Barre - about an hour / hour and a half north of Allentown...which in turn is an hour / hour and a half north of Philly...

Another way is to say that it's an hour and a half from PARF...

Golly Gee - I'm an hour and a half from EVERYTHING... :lol:

~ Vegetius

Interesting factoid time, boys and girls:

EMMF is "owned" and run by the same gents that run the jousting tourney at PARF.

It was nice last year because (1) being the first year, it wasn't crowded (2) it was only one weekend (3) MANY WENCHES! (4) the setting was really nice - amongst trees and mountains.

One drawback is that if they DO move to the new location, it's going to lose the nice surroundings - where I live is kinda "inner city"...but "inner city" in Wilkes-Barre is like "country" in Philly and NYC :lol:

Pyrate Rap

I say, Pyrate Rap

Sailin' through the city

Not takin' any crap

Rollin' on my 60's

Checkin' out the hood,

I'm a jive-a** pyrate

Who's up to no good.

~ Vegetius

I'm looking forward to it,I hope i can get a group of pirates to go,maybe the same bunch from Maryland,we meet you at pirate weekend at PARF

sounds like fun

Crimson, So you're thinking about coming up to Endless Mountains? That would be cool. I'm probably going, and was planning to do Medieval garb, but if there's gonna be a bunch of Pirates I may rethink that. :rolleyes:

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick

I'm looking forward to it,I hope i can get a group of pirates to go,maybe the same bunch from Maryland,we meet you at pirate weekend at PARF

sounds like fun

That would be cool/neat-o/hot/sick/twisted/choose-yer-own... :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye out for news on this end...

I'm probably going, and was planning to do Medieval garb, but if there's gonna be a bunch of Pirates I may rethink that.

Well, see, it's like this...

Last year, it being the first year of the faire, I showed up in pyrate garb, not knowing what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised.

BUT...

It seems there were this here Sheriff 'n' his little Deputy what were hell-bent on tossin' all me Pyrate brothers in the brig. They even had the NERVE to pull a gold doubloon on a string on the sidewalk, hopin' to lure in the Pyrates. Hah! I resisted for more than 5 minutes!...

But to cut to the chase - this little Deputy thought it great sport to bash yers truly about the entire Fairegrounds at every opportunity - I took more falls than a punch-drunk welterweight. Well, now, if I be knowin' that even MORE pyrate brethren (and wenches - wenches, I be countin' on yer moral and statuesque support) will be attendin', well, then, me bucko's, I'll be gladly turnin' the tides on THAT little whelp... :lol:

~ Vegetius

PyratePhil - I think I speak for all the wenches that plan on being there when I say that not only will we give you our moral (or should that be immoral? :ph34r: ) and stauesque support, but some of us might just strap on some sharp and shinies and take a wack at the blighter ourselves! :ph34r:

. . . no one screws with pirates and lives to repeat the mistake . . . :ph34r:

. . . no one screws with pirates and lives to repeat the mistake . . .  :ph34r:

:ph34r: (Snif)...Lass, ye be makin' an old salt right proud!

'Course, iffin's they DO have the Fest at this new location, we might ALL be needin' the shiny-'n'-sharpies ta be defendin' ourselves from th' locals! :ph34r:

~ Vegetius

Mick,do they have beer at the Endless mountains fest?????? and can I bring my "Here to "TIM" on his retirment from the Dept. of Agriculture on April 28 1978 " tankard with me????

I looking foreword to seeing you and Phil agian,as wel as meeting you Rogue Mermaid.

It's a ways off yet but I think but May we will be looking foreward to garbing up and having a good time.

"No matter where you go. There you are."

I should most likely be there to show my immoral support! As long as the land ship holds up and I have some dubloons to spare come May I'm in. I'd like to go pirate, we'll see what kinda duds I can get together. Once it gets closer to May we'll have to set up a meet up point and day cause I'd hate to miss anyone. B)

My regrets, folks, but I really can't recall if there is alcohol at this Fest or not - being a non-drinker, it didn't stick in my little head. I don't recall seeing anyone acting unduly crazy (except for myself)...

I'm sending an email to the site's owners to find out - I'll post their answer here...

~ Vegetius