MDRF Pirate Invasion Meet-up place

blenderwench

of course it just so happens that the onlu color fabric i don't seam to have is lime green, which means another trip to the fabric store...YAY!

i really have to stop spending money, faire hasen't even started yet and i'm already broke. ARRRRRR!

at least i still have a few weeks before pirate invation.

sweetie - i am going to get a yard of $2 cotton and just strip it, I will have more than enuf. put your money back in yer pocket.

yer pin be loverly enuf, and maybe the two can be even incorporated together?

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure iffen I will have time before this weekend to go to fabric store, but I will be @ faire a few times before pyrate invasion, and will bring ya one.

fugeddaboudit!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

I thought sashes were to go around our arm, like in a band, so it is visible?

I can make our troupe sashes w/o a problem.

Now, you know Blender, sometimes I am a bit aft and hav'n to do things me own way, but on this point, I will concede and follow directions.

Might ye be hav'n a piece fer me?

;)

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

just a few more KOA details. each tent site can have only 2 tents and a max of 6 people. i have called ahead and told them our group name, and to put our sites next to eachother. cheers!

"Time Flies When Your Having RUM!!!!"

"But everyone talks with a British accent when they drink."

Stow Away on the Juryrig

This sounds like a wicked time. I'll have to scrounge around for some kinda sash in lime green?

Hmm... how's a bout a cumberbun like sash?

On second thought, I'll have enough other belts and stuff around the waist that it'll never be seen. I'll have to put it on the arm...oooh.. maybe in the hat! I wonder if'n I can find a lime green feather. That don't have no "weird" connotations doez it?

As for the encampment, I'll probably not camp, but I'd certainly crash,er.. stop bye and pillage a bit.

;)

BTW... where is a pic of that pin? The link didn't show up and I'm slowly sortin' through the galley... er.. .gallery

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

BTW... where is a pic of that pin? The link didn't show up and I'm slowly sortin' through the galley... er.. .gallery

sometimes it shows up and sometimes it dosent. just go to the gallery and search Pyracy Pub Pin.

or go to my website and scroll down to the very bottom of the page.My Webpage

"Time Flies When Your Having RUM!!!!"

"But everyone talks with a British accent when they drink."

Stow Away on the Juryrig

OK, so Gwen and I were coming down anyway. I cancelled the hotel space and booked at the campground this afternoon. In a cabin, though. We'll be getting in too late on Friday (midnight +) to worry about setting camp.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

(Lime Green????? you have to be joking :blink: )

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Thanks for pointin' the pin out.

Interestin' idea. Thinks I'll go pillage the craft shops tomorrow while the odd bits of cloths go roundy-round.

Lime green + spot a mile away... I thought we'z be pirates, sneakin' about and pillagin' an' plunderin' an' leave'n before anyone knows better.

Still, it may be easy to spot one another though. Not like yer flag's made of the stuff... yeesh...

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

So we be setlin on the limegrenn arm sash.... thats ok for me,Is anyone coming on opening day too?????

yeah, a whole bunch of folks, but that discussion is in the opening day thread. I been makin a list of folks, will share w/ya tomorrow a.m.

OK, so Gwen and I were coming down anyway. I cancelled the hotel space and booked at the campground this afternoon. In a cabin, though. We'll be getting in too late on Friday (midnight +) to worry about setting camp.

Hawkyns

Hawkins told me sis M W Cheryl about the LIME GREEN sashs last night and she said the same thing. Why LIME GREEN? So I told her "Why not?"

It will be easy to spot from miles away. :ph34r: SHe just shook her head. Ah well told her to deal with it since she be my sis. :)

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

I'll tell ye why a lime green sash. 'Cause we all be talkin' like friggin' limeys! :blink:

I ain't a wearin' a lime green sash. It'll clash with me red sash around me waist and me red coat!

Let's just set a time t' meet at the White Hart. There be 7 pages to this thread, an' I ain't a readin' every one to see if such a time already be set. If there be, let me know. If not, say high noon?

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

Sorry cannot make opening day. Can only afford Pirate weekend. See you then.

That is a shame, but understandable. Me first mate is forgoing Opening Day with the kids because of tight purse strings, but will hopefully go with me another time, maybe for jousting with some friends.

See ya then! I be sportin' all black and red, and of course a lime green band!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

I got me a question (actually two) about MDRF no weapons policy. Now I'm figerin' some drunken sod brandished a weapon in the early days out at Revel Grove, and this be cause for MDRF's consternation. But since the same problem be a potential for PARF, I'm wonderin' if anyone knows how PA has handled it and what the background conversations might've been within the MD camp.

More'n this, 'owever, I be a might curious 'bout somethin' I noticed last year at pirate invasion weekend, when a number of pyrates who clearly were not employed by MDRF were walkin' 'round with weapons (all suitably holstered and sheated, mind ye).

So is the no weapons policy just a wink-n-a-nod thing? Does ye pay off the wenches working the gates? Did these pyrates sneak in under the bleedin' wall?

I not be tryin' to incite a bloody insurrection, mind ye... :ph34r:

Well, on second thought... :blink:

No, seriously, I'm just bloody curious, and that be the lay of it.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

I got me a question (actually two) about MDRF no weapons policy. Now I'm figerin' some drunken sod brandished a weapon in the early days out at Revel Grove, and this be cause for MDRF's consternation. But since the same problem be a potential for PARF, I'm wonderin' if anyone knows how PA has handled it and what the background conversations might've been within the MD camp.

More'n this, 'owever, I be a might curious 'bout somethin' I noticed last year at pirate invasion weekend, when a number of pyrates who clearly were not employed by MDRF were walkin' 'round with weapons (all suitably holstered and sheated, mind ye).

So is the no weapons policy just a wink-n-a-nod thing? Does ye pay off the wenches working the gates? Did these pyrates sneak in under the bleedin' wall?

I not be tryin' to incite a bloody insurrection, mind ye... :ph34r:

Well, on second thought... :blink:

No, seriously, I'm just bloody curious, and that be the lay of it.

Now, in speaking with Queen Maggie (former MDRF Queen) at PARF, she informed us that a nasty bloke pulled a weapon on the queen (not her but the current queen at the time), no one was hurt but that is one of the reasons for the no-weapons. Another is something about the queen's daughter being "taken", though it was a joke, but she didn't know.

I have asked your questions to a friend of mine that works the MDRF and will get back to you on what her answers be. I was wondering meself about me beautiful bodice dagger I picked up fer a few coins at PARF.

Will post when I have answers.

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

Gute

She was actually quick with a response:

"no way around it all weapons unless they are play like my plastic balderblast are off limits"

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

Hawkyns

Hey "Gunner 1" !!!!

It was great to meet you at Pennsic, and I'm happy to hear you will be down for the weekend. Hopefully the camp ground will be dryer then the mudfest that the B Blocks and the Highlands turned into at Pennsic.

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Apparently the bokers would all get rip-roarin' drunk (naturally) and decide to hold swordfights in the parking lot. The reason we can't have weapons has to do with the specific insurance company for the fair.

But sword fights in the parking lot would kill off the obnoxious drunks. And besides, I'd pay a month's wages t' see that! :blink:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Have I mentioned that I'm entirely TOO excited for this season??? ::dances around pul like a small child::

AND I was able to make my boss relent and let me have my weekends off even tho I'm going back to school!!! :ph34r: I'll be pulling 10 hour days, but whats new?? I can def. do the camping thing for pyrate invasion weekend, and I'm seriously considering getting a season pass.

::throws hat in the air:: Barkeep!!! more rum!! I feel like celebrating! :blink:

Have I mentioned that I'm entirely TOO excited for this season???  ::dances around pul like a small child:: 

AND I was able to make my boss relent and let me have my weekends off even tho I'm going back to school!!! :D   I'll be pulling 10 hour days, but whats new??  I can def. do the camping thing for pyrate invasion weekend, and I'm seriously considering getting a season pass. 

::throws hat in the air::  Barkeep!!! more rum!! I feel like celebrating! :D

A BIG HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!

Sooo glad you got weekends off....

(we should look into cost of cab fares to split so neither of us have to drive during season.. tee hee.. I threatened me mate that he can drop me off and pick me up)