Pirate 'Fourth of July' Weekend......

the Royaliste

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye-aye Cap'n!! *snappy salute* With pleasure!!

We are gearing up for a large-scale 4th of July event, the likely to become bay area legend!!

On July 4th, the Battle Crew of the Royaliste, will sail the ship southward down the length of the bay, to the Port of Redwood City. Upon her arrival, the crew will prepare the ship for her grand performance the following evening and spend the night at dockside.

The following morning, the Battle Crew will be joined by brethren pirates from both Tales of the Seven Seas and the Crew of the Dirty Rotten Oar. They will board the Land Shark and sail her through the streets in the largest 4th of July parade in northern CA!

Following the parade there will be a festival! The Royaliste will be dockside, allowing visitors to get an up-close look at a real pirate ship and the captain will be on-hand to answer questions, while the pirates greet and entertain the dockside guests. (there is some speculation that the infamous "Drenched by a Wench" skit from Hampton VA may be performed again, by myself and Nyre!)

Then as the sun sets over the horizon, the skys darken and the crowds begin to gaze skyward....KA-BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! An explosion will rip the night as the Royaliste kicks off the fireworks celebration with a full broadside from her deck guns!!!

Music will fill the air as fireworks are launched from a pyrotechnics barge and synchronized to the music! The Royaliste's 18th century deck guns will be rigged with 21st century electronic pyrotechnic technology, allowing syncronized firing during the performance!!

Finally as the music builds, and the grand finale lights the night sky, the Royaliste will fire another broadside, bringing to a close a spectacular display unlike any other!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

fireworks.gif

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I'll be in So-Cal during the Fourth, and word has it we may get a few days off from training... I just might be able to head north to see the fun!! *crosses fingers* Here's to hoping!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I'll be in So-Cal during the Fourth, and word has it we may get a few days off from training... I just might be able to head north to see the fun!!  *crosses fingers*  Here's to hoping!

Ahoy, Capt!...If'n ye make it, we'll gladly find ye sleepin' space aboard :) .........

TalesOfTheSevenSeas Posted on Mar 26 2004, 07:06 PM

Captain M., we'd love to have you join us! Your drive north would be about 8 hours+ from southern CA. Which city would you be coming from? Southwest and United have pretty reasonable shuttle flight prices also. 

Be coming from Camp Pendleton, about an hour south of Los Angeles... won't have a car, but I can prolly rent one... a shuttle is a good option, too!

the Royaliste Posted on Mar 26 2004, 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Capt. Morgan @ Mar 26 2004, 06:43 PM)

I'll be in So-Cal during the Fourth, and word has it we may get a few days off from training... I just might be able to head north to see the fun!!  *crosses fingers*  Here's to hoping! 

Ahoy, Capt!...If'n ye make it, we'll gladly find ye sleepin' space aboard  ......... 

Thanks, Capt. Gary! I'll keep you guys informed... I'd hate to get all the way out to Cali, and not be able to see the Royaliste!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

We'll need to coordinate picking you up if you fly. We'll be sailing the ship down July 3rd and back July 5th. So you would need to arrive on the second or in the early morning of the 3rd to either San Francisco or San Jose airports.

I can also check which airport (SF, SJ or Oakland) to Redwood City if you wanted to fly in on the 4th of July and drive a rental directly to the event without sailing there. You'd still get to come aboard and see the Royaliste in the fireworks performance and if you arrived very early, you could still be in the parade.

You could also arrive on the evening of the 3rd and meet us at Redwood City and sleep aboard. both nights. Let us know what works for you. You're always welcome to email me directly if you'd like at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com

Update:

Our parade application along with links to photos of our float and costumed participants has been submitted and will be voted on by the committee. Again, they said how excited they are to have a pirate ship participating in this year's celebration!

I'm still looking for someone who is not sailing the ship that could tow the Land Shark to the parade. It would be brought down already hooked to the fully insured tow vehicle and would not require any hook-up, assembly or mountain driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy!! Here be the latest on preparations for the fourth....

Arrrrrrr application for the parade was sent in and they much admired the photos of our scurvy crew and the Land Shark. So much so, that we don't need to attend the mandatory first-timers clinic and are good to go for the parade! I be waitin to hear back if we can store the Land Shark someplace while we be sailing the Royaliste to n' fro. The plan is to follow Nyre's suggestion to drop it off on July 3rd and pick it up on the way home July 5th. The parade folks are also talkin' with the Pirates of Emerson, the group out of Fremont that runs the haunted house, to see if they would like to partner with us for this one.

Our berthing application for the harbor be filled out and submitted. All systems go with that. They be expectin' us to arrive the 3rd n' depart the morning o' the 4th. Next step is to put the Captain in touch with the PYRATEchnics captain.

Bay area folks will be able to visit the Royaliste and her pirate crew on F-Dock, during the 4th of July festivities. Any pirates from other groups are welcome to join us!

Aye!! I will do that Redd!! Me guess is that since our pirates will be responsible for regulatin' the flow o' traffic on F-dock, That we could use a piratical shelter o' some sort to keep the July heat from Roastin' our crew alive- I will confirm that and get back to ye! Many thanks for the offer!!

Thank you for the most generious invite. Truth is I have had a place in my heart and a Fascination for all things maritime and pyratical for my entire life, however I am just in a position to rekindle my love for this interest. I saw your posting and if I can work it I would love to initiate myself in such an outstanding way. I will also work on my pirate speak sos me dont sound like such a landlubber.

until next time...Aarrggh

Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate -- guitarist abord the land Yacht "Lady Gale"

Thank you for the most generious invite. Truth is I have had a place in my heart and a Fascination for all things maritime and pyratical for my entire life, however I am just in a position to rekindle my love for this interest. I saw your posting and if I can work it I would love to initiate myself in such an outstanding way. I will also work on my pirate speak sos me dont sound like such a landlubber.

until next time...Aarrggh

:) We'll 'ave a shot 'o RR best waitin' on ye, maytee!!.... :huh:

:huh:

• 1 month later...

Well Mates, it be just weeks fore me flying ship leaves dock for Sacramento and then to join ye on the 4th. Any hints on what I should plan on a pakin' ? :)

Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate -- guitarist abord the land Yacht "Lady Gale"

Ahoy Poison Quill and Captain Gary!

Ye may not remember me, but I (and Bloody Jill) sailed with ye once on your dear old barky (Royaliste, not Land Shark! (Although she be very nice too <_< ) ) and had a resoundingly great time! Since we be dwellin' here in Redwood City near the port, let me know if there's any thing us lubbers can do to help ye out. Like if ye be needin' any crew to meet ye at the dock or anything.

Not much place to store anything at our humble dwelling (much less a full sized Land Barky), but I be certainly willing to drive or whatever if ye still be needing one (I've only had 2, er, . . . 3 ships sink out from under me in my career 'o drivin'/sailin', and they twernt me fault, says I :lol: ). Or if ye be needin' a place to get things ready, Bloody Jilly and I (and our place) be only a musket shot away from the port, so you're perfectly welcome to use our place if the need be (provided all of our outside plants are back, um . . . outside. There's a story there fer sure).

Lemme know.

By the by: Plans for Buccaneers' Ball 2004 (Oct. 29, 30) are beginning to move along briskly again with a little effort and it's looking like we will probably be at the San Mateo County Expo Center this year (our insurance forms have just been submitted). Plenty of good piratical involvement will be needed, o' course, I assure ye! So I'll keep ye all posted as things develop.

Cheers :lol: , Iron Jack

Iron Jack: Scourge 'o the Shores!

Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

- Emo Phillips

Damfino!

Buccaneers Ball Info