Pirate 'Fourth of July' Weekend......

the Royaliste

Ahoy Jack! Good to see ye here!!!

I just got an update on this event and will be sending out an update on the 4th of July later today via email. We're sailing down with a working crew only. Looks like I'll be land-lubberin' this time, because I have to haul the Land Shark.

I'm guessing that you and Jill want to participate in this one, right? I don't have you down on the list yet, so drop me an email if you would like me to add you to the list of pirates for this event!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a place that I can go to find a schedule for the day of the 4th? or could some one email me with all the particulars?

Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate -- guitarist abord the land Yacht "Lady Gale"

Is there a place that I can go to find a schedule for the day of the 4th? or could some one email me with all the particulars?

:ph34r:

About the fireworks and the Royaliste!

http://www.redwoodcityport.com/html/July4_2004.html

Fireworks location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?count...arch=++Search++

Festival location:

http://www.parade.org/map.htm

Would you like to be on our emailing list for all our events? Just drop me an email at talesofthesevenseas@hotmail.com and I can add you to the list. Let me know if you would like info on just this event or others as well. Are you local to the SF bay area or interested in flying out?

(thanks for the info links Ace!)

Thank ye kin'ly for the links ace, ey would love t'be on ye mailing list. I be flying in, but I find meself in your port at least 2times a year. So would love to be up on the hap'nins.

:lol:

Texas Terror the Flat Land Pyrate -- guitarist abord the land Yacht "Lady Gale"

Thankee for the links, Ace. Looking forward to seeing your act!

Sounds like a great time!

Claire - do you currently have any sound "effects" or music for the Land Shark? If not, I have a nifty battery powered PA system (runs up to four hours on battery juice alone!) if you'd like some "cannon sounds" :lol: or some piratical background music.

Iron Jack

Iron Jack: Scourge 'o the Shores!

Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

- Emo Phillips

Damfino!

Buccaneers Ball Info

Sounds great! Is it pretty loud? We've currently got speakers that plug into the truck's sound system, but we need to add an amp to boost the sound. In a parade, we pretty much get swamped by the other contingent's music. More sound effects would be great!! Thanks!! I'll drop you an email about it.

Ahoy 'Quill!......Talked briefly with Bob S., 'ere be some things we need to think over.....They want to 'light up' the sails for the night!..Pretty kewl, but a nightmare if the wind even exists..probably should research the weather over the last five events...Have us open, guns blazing, lit up and salty....'Echo' the guns on the William Tell overture at the finale!!........They say they still be comin' this week or next to see the Ship and talk it o'er......

YEEEEEAAAAHHOOOO!!..Yup, out 'o the nite sky, 'ta-da!'...comes the Royaliste, backlit with colored spots, all sails set, past the spectators on shore, then..................KA-BOOM!!..X3........Tryin' for red, white and blue cannons openin' the show, then darkness, backlit by the fireworks!!...Then, 'afore the finale, colored sails again, and ..KA-Boom!!...outta control to 'William Tell'!!...Bang up, eh wot??.. :lol:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

B)B)B)

Red white and blue cannonfire to the William Tell Overture?!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

*dancing on tip-toe*

Can't wait! can't wait! can't wait!!!

I think they be wantin' the red white and blue on the opener, but.....due to the timin' 'o the cannon in the overture, your services will be needed that night, as we'll need helmsmen, spotters, and at least three or possibly four cannoneers for the evening to pull it off...........

No worries, I'll be meeting up with you at the dock when you arrive in Redwood City on the afternoon/evening of the 3rd and Bob and I were planning to be overnight aboard. Just let me know what you would like me to do- and consider it done!

Since I'll be on land, I can be there to assist with dock lines. We should coordinate via cell phone. I also need to make a trip out to see F-dock ahead of time. I believe you said you and Raul were going also to look at it? It might be good if Bob and I were able to meet you when you both come out.

Fill me in on what else you'd like me to do during the fireworks. So far (and this is flexible) my plan is to leave you with a small crew from morning to 5pm on the 4th, as they do not expect too many people before then. You should need just a couple pirates to help with ship sitting and answer questions of anyone who comes down to see the ship. At 5pm I'll bring the whole gang over from the encampment at the festival, when crowds are expected to move to the port for fireworks. We're expected to be busiest at the ship from 7pm until we move Royaliste away from the dock for the fireworks. From 5pm on, we'll likely need every available pirate to greet guests and limit the number of guests on the dock at any one time.

I'm guessing they worked out a gameplan about when to move the ship into position for the fireworks, right? Since we'll have to move the ship off the dock for the firings.

Let me know what if anything needs to be changed from what I have above. The Royaliste is the crown jewel of this event and whatever she needs of the pirates is the #1 priority. All other plans can be adjusted.

Aye Cap'n...tis excite'n news,says I... B)

Jus' say the word an me hand be available fer wot ere ye need. Got the whole weekend open and be available ta help out. Tis a grand spectacle fer sure... B)

Signaturecopy.gif

:rolleyes: We're headed down the 'homestretch' on this one!!.....Some rather heavy logistics for me ta figure....the lowest tde 'o the year, a 1.9 minus tide, will be at dawn on Sat. just about when we needed to leave port southbound....I'll keep the workin' crew posted, but I just haven't figured our best move yet...Probably turn her around in the slip, easier to plow out if necessary, or......???.......

On another note, we had such an outpouring 'o 'lil pirates this weekend that I expect that fully more 'o the same will be in order, 'specially if the weather be nice. Also, since the committee's plans have expanded as far as RR participation, I'll be up to around ten or a dozen shipmates to make the fireworks show work as we be needin' spotters (It be dark, and we don' wanna hit any obstructions, eh?), four gunners, one or two gunner's mates, plus a workin' crew 'o sailors...........

I should find out by no later than Wed. on whether or not I will be there. I plan to, but the latest developments with my mother-in-law leave me only 60% certain. We may have ter fly on up to Washington. But I will let you know no later than Wed. so ye can plan accordingly. But I would love ter help out with the "powder re-distribution" YARRRR!!!

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"