Pirate 'Fourth of July' Weekend......

the Royaliste

I should find out by no later than Wed. on whether or not I will be there. I plan to, but the latest developments with my mother-in-law leave me only 60% certain. We may have ter fly on up to Washington. But I will let you know no later than Wed. so ye can plan accordingly. But I would love ter help out with the "powder re-distribution" YARRRR!!!

Glad to hear ye may make it afterall, matey!!!.....We'll be castin' off at 0300 Saturday for the sail southward..........Moon 'nStars cruzzz........

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Cap'n....ye be rais'n me hair on me back o' me neck in anticapation o' the sail out... :huh: . Tis grand ta be leave'n under cover o' darkness... pilgrims twill nere see us a come'n... :huh:

Now if'n I kin jus' hold out the week... :blink:

:huh:

Signaturecopy.gif

Saber and I will arrive late Friday with the Land Shark in tow. We'll catch a few winks aboard and I'll cast ye' off at 3am. Then I'll be off to the nearest Denny's then awaitin' on ye scoundrels at F-dock in Redwood City. There will be an email out to ye shortly along with a reminder to bring food n' drink for the sail.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Well, considerin' all points, such as but not soley to wit: +7.1 tide, causin' a really strong ebb (no shit, folks..6 knots at the 'Gate), a minus 1.9 low, wind speed and direction, plus speed, minus current, shippin' traffic, etc :blink: ..Lookin' like 6 hours on a good sail, a few more hours if'n the variables against us..........The Voila!!...The channel to Redwood City!!

I'll be waitin' yer arrival on the dock with the Mighty Quill when'ere it may be

And having had plenty'o experience with pyro in me past, I'm all for helping with the guns or anything else ya might need

:huh::huh::huh:

'Tis good, mate..Methinks it'll be as fast and furious as a Sea Battle, but dark as pitch!.... :huh:

Ahoy Ace- do you have something you can juggle in the parade (other than your schedule, LOL) that isn't sharp or on fire?

I've been thinking on that

I have standard juggling clubs i can bring, but they're not very theme at all

and quite boring to watch

I'm thinking of bringing my spinning bowl and stuff and doing some balancing of stuff on my face along the way maybe

It won't be in time for the 4th...but if yer interested, mate, I was thinking of figgerin' a way of making "hand grenades" (like those used by the pirate on Barbossa's crew with the smoking beard in POTC). We could cast them out of resin...paint em...and prep them to take slow fuses or cannon fuses. They just won't explode.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

This particular parade does not allow any pyrotechnics. Because of the huge liability of the fireworks barge, they have to be overly cautious in other areas. No swords out in the parade, nothing on fire, nothing handed out to the crowds. Even Ace can't juggle knives. Some do allow pyrotechnics, some do not. Sparklers would do the trick or something similar for grenadoes another parade

I like the way ye think thar Redd!

Even though we can't get away with it this time.

We've GOT ta get ye juggling mate!

there's tons of great bits we could do if'n ye could juggle a bit.

Now ta just plunder a wee bit of time away from our respective scalliwags..err... fine work establishments.

Well...like I've said, I can do a basic ball juggle...clubs, knives etc. I would love to learn! Just got to get my hands on some practice clubs somewheres.

A sizzling grenade routine would be hilarious. End it with a drench from a bucket just after the last pirate who has it figures out that he can just remove the darned fuse.

*fiss!*

*GOOOSH!*

*drip...drip....drip*

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Oh, the grenadoe would be awesome!

Whilst at Redd's office today, just before I got the frock out of there :lol: , it occured to me that if ye fellow brethren are devoid o' activities on the night o' the 3rd, ye might enjoy the Liberty Ball in San Mateo. Pirate costumes would work time-wise, and it'll be loads o' fun.

From their website:

Dance to the most glorious dance tunes of 1776 played by the Bay Area's premiere country dance band, Bangers & Mash, with dances ranging from dashing English and American country dances to elegant Cotillions and some slightly anachronistic but gorgeous late 18th century waltzes (As usual, all set and country dances will be taught or called). For those of you wishing to learn or brush up on your 18th century country dancing, there will be a pre-ball dance class at 7:00 p.m. - highly recommended for those new to this dance form.

Suggested costume is mid to late 18th century American, English, or French costume (any class! This is a democratic assembly!). Red, white and blue trim will be admired, not required. This is definitely a photo-op event since some of the most gorgeous historical costumes seen outside a Merchant Ivory film are likely to be seen at the ball. For those not equipped with 18th century costume, your Ren Faire garb (especially peasant and middle class) has the right silhouette, and Regency costume or modern evening dress is also perfectly acceptable.

At intermission there will be 18th century dance demos and some open dancing for the die-hard dancers. In keeping with the festive nature of the event, we will also have a no host (cash) bar and a light snack buffet.

It's $20 at the door. A bit pricey, but totally worth it. These things are loads o' fun.

I can do that!!

DrenchedSkitSoakingBob2.jpgDrenchedSkitSoakingBob.jpg

:lol:

DP, they are expecting a royal mob scene down there. Roads in are being closed when parking is exhausted, generally at 7pm. Unless you come before about 5pm, there won't be any getting out until the crowds disperse after the fireworks. So be sure to stop by during the daytime!

Ye' be welcome by fer a visit, but after the sail down, we'll be makin' 'er shipeshape and Bristol, an' somewhere in here, the festivial folk's will be descendin' aboard to rig and plan for the show...For the size 'o the event, we'll 'ave a guard RR two posted (an' they be hep to any 'Jack Sparrow' tricks)....and, unlike the 'Interceptor', they'll be pirates!.... :lol: