Blackbeard's Wake 2004

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Peers out hatch*

...Lookin' like a fine mornin' for Blackbeard's Wake, in spite of alla the weather forecasts......Still packin' me foulies, but Bloody 'eck, jus' might need 'em to fend off the rum 'n spirits!! :huh: Don't attempt to board the Ship unless you RR ready for a gRReat time!! :lol:

:lol:

Yes it was!!

Wonderful turnout, lots of people met and company enjoyed. Changed my plans for staying over as well (thank ya, Carrie, for draggin' me bum home!) but mostly because I'd spent all day very cold, and I knew well it would be no better come morning on the return trip back to Sausalito.

I have some pictures that were taken that I'll try to post later today. I'm in the middle of trying to clean up my apartment from my clothing indecision yesterday (clothes flew all over the place, to say the least!).

Maintaining my apartment is important currently, my housewarming party's next week! :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Arr...yes indeed. I still be brushin' peanut shells out of me coats.

Oy Penny...do me brave wifey a faver..an spare the general public of any paintings ye may have o' her kissin' the gunner's daughter...if ye please. :ph34r:

I had a blast...and the sailin' were quite an adventure. The sea the rough enough, and the sails were carryin' us proud. We even passed by (we were completely under sail, mind you...zero engine) the Hawaiian Chieftain on her way out of Oakland while we made our way to Quinn's. We gave them a polite salute and gave the labbers ashore in Alameda some thrills (houseboats make easy targets).

:ph34r:

Arr, Stitch...me fellow counterweight! There be nothin' finer than leaning our mighty backsides over The Royaliste's sides to guide her safely home, eh?

And a mighty swig of rum ter Claire (Talesofthethesevenseas), fer steering a fine course and not making fun of me split breeches!

When we pulled in to the lighthouse, Raul and Connie, and of course The Captain cursed us, shouted at us, and spat blue murder upon our souls...and helped us to guide the Royaliste into port.

Thanks to everyone who showed up. This was sort of my "big blow-out" birthday party fer me...and I've always wanted a pirate b-day! YARRR!!!

It was nice to meet our scurvvy breathren from the other pirate guilds. I hope to meet with ye all again soon!

LASTLY!

Thanks to the cannoneers of Angel Island fer helpin' us salute one of the nastiest scallywags on the seven seas: Blackbeard. With a blast of gunpowder, a swallow of rum, and the curse of "Death To Spotswood!" we served ol' Edward Teach well (I believe Spotswood was the governor of South Carolina...who eventually "betrayed" Teach to his nemesis...Maynard!)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

What a party! I rushed back to the hotel after we saw the Royaliste off this morning and caught this one in the lobby. Sad seeing her go, but what a beautiful sight! Thanks to everyone for making this event so terrific, with a special thanks to Claire for putting it all together.

RoyalisteLeaving1.jpg

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

Ahoy Pirates!

Glad t' hear ye saluted the ol' divil in fine style!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Me heart were dif'nitly wit' ye all the day 'n' night as well, an' as we was looking at the awesome power of a 12-pounder bronze Napoleon (shoots 1.5 lb. of powder every time -- 3 lbs fer the occasional ostentatious double charge ...) in an after-dark demo o' its awesome power, I wuz thinkin' "Teach, ye bilious ol' dog, and Pyrates all: THIS ONE'S FER YOU!" KABOOMMMMM! :ph34r:

We lucked out this weekend, weather-wise, also, an' had a fine time scrambling about the hills like so many little monkey children all day Saturday, hopin' t' mix it up a bit with RR honorable opposition. At one point in the afternoon's skirmishing, a certain keen-eyed Confederate musician (who shall remain nameless) spotted one of 'em, 'n' hollered out t' the Commander, "Sir! Fed'ral Cavalry! Two points off yer starboard bow!"

:ph34r::ph34r:;)

So here's t' ye, Royaliste 'n' Crew, Tales 'n' Friends, veterans o' Quinn's Lighthouse, 'n' Pyrates ever-where: ;)

'Tis a fine thing t' be a Pyrate!

Cheers,

CT Ben

;)

"But when do we SHOOT?"

Oy Penny...do me brave wifey a faver..an spare the general public of any paintings ye may have o' her kissin' the gunner's daughter...if ye please. :ph34r:

Yer lady 'as no evidence o' her misfortunes on me Flemish painter! Some things 're best not documented for public consumption..

She be a tough one, though, an' if I recall correctly, her unfortunate situation put her in the best light for seein' that dolphin/seal/whatever it was that greeted us as we were sailin' into Alameda...

I think it was salutin' 'er, if ye ask me... :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Aye!! Quite the wake, eh wot???.....Many thanks to all for the skill required to get this 'ole girl in that little, bitty spot.........And a thanks to the U.S. Navy, for makin' sure Raul knew 'is way around a galley as well as a foredeck...the bacon 'n eggs after a long night hit the spot!. :ph34r:

Well, I didn't get a lot of great pictures from the Wake (and I managed to leave me CD on Royaliste...dammit!), but here's a photo or two of her flag at night. I'll see what I can salvage from inside Quinn's later, as that'll take some serious Photoshopping (ran out of battery juice and was taking photos in very dim environs!).

flagatnight.jpg

flagatnight2.jpg

Huzzah to Claire and the Royaliste scalawags fer a great te do. I still be shakin' the peanut shells outta' me breeches, . . . or maybe those was something else? :ph34r:

Iron Jack: Scourge 'o the Shores!

Some mornings, it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

- Emo Phillips

Damfino!

Buccaneers Ball Info

She be a tough one, though, an' if I recall correctly, her unfortunate situation put her in the best light for seein' that dolphin/seal/whatever it was that greeted us as we were sailin' into Alameda...

Aye, Mrs. Oktober sez that that were one of the highlights of the day for her, as it popped up right in front of her!

She also wanted me ter say "Thank you" to everyone aboard on the way in to Quinn's. She said that ye all were "exceedingly nice...for pirates". She may join us some time in the future...but probably on a more landlocked event if ye take my meanin'.

Oh yeah!

Just remembered...that there be a large, black velvet cavalier's hat floatin' aboard The Royaliste on Saturday night. It's covered in plumes and has a ceramic black heart with a skull and crossbones on it. That be me hat...If anyone found it, let me know..I went through great trepidation ter get it back from the clutches of the crew of the Lady Washington, and I'd like to keep it in my company a while longer.

REDD.jpg

Ahoy mates!!

Aye, t'was yet another fine event! So many thanks are due to so many for making this event a success- Captain Gary and the crew of the Royaliste, the staff at Quinns, the Crew of the Dirty Rotten Oar and a few of Brun's Raiders for joining us, Ryanne McGregor, Jerry "the Dutchman", Sasha and Kirk, all of who travelled hundreds of miles to be at this event!

...and let us not forget Saber, who with great patience and sympathy endured the pinching and poking of the stumbling, drunken scottsman at the bar! The drunken lad was facinated with Saber's belly and proceeded to give it a poking and pinching while being supported by his friend's, who had to hold him up! This was the same lad who had requested that I ravish him when I walked in. Sheesh! Ye gotta be soused to try that with a crew armed to the teeth and 5 cannons parked outside!! :ph34r:

Saber me love, ye have the patience of a saint!

Indeed, Mrs. Oktober is a trooper!

(I decided against posting she "showed us what she was truly made of" as that could be taken far too literally!!!)

Sasha should have some photos in a couple of days. Loved the ones of the Royaliste's ensign in the dark!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

...and let us not forget Saber, who with great patience and sympathy endured the pinching and poking of the stumbling, drunken scottsman at the bar! The drunken lad was facinated with Saber's belly and proceeded to give it a poking and pinching while being supported by his friend's, who had to hold him up!  This was the same lad who had requested that I ravish him when I walked in. Sheesh! Ye gotta be soused to try that with a crew armed to the teeth and 5 cannons parked outside!!  :ph34r:

Ah, Quill, ye ain't kiddin' when it came to Saber's patience with the drunken Scott. I confess to hanging around near the stairway during that whole episode, thinkin' to meself, "Well, I'm 35 and've never been in a bar fight. This could be interesting!"

...that there be a large, black velvet cavalier's hat floatin' aboard The Royaliste on Saturday night. It's covered in plumes and has a ceramic black heart with a skull and crossbones on it. That be me hat...If anyone found it, let me know..I went through great trepidation ter get it back from the clutches of the crew of the Lady Washington, and I'd like to keep it in my company a while longer.

"OUCH!" *Bumps head on rum cask for third time*

Ahoy Redd!!...I found yer hat in the forward cabin!!...........Carrie, Dunno which copy be yours, but I'll hang on to a copy for ye!..Quill, did ye grab the five copies ye needed??

"OUCH!" *Bumps head on rum cask for third time*

Ahoy Redd!!...I found yer hat in the forward cabin!!...........Carrie, Dunno which copy be yours, but I'll hang on to a copy for ye!..Quill, did ye grab the five copies ye needed??

Thanks, Cap'n! I can't believe I forgot it. I could swear I had it in my hand as I left, but as it's neither with me, nor in me car, nor with Penny, I can only guess I left it in yer cabin!

Lucky Penny's Wake Photos!

Finally, they're up!

An' th' first one up..a charmin' one o' yers truly..muahaha...

*SNORT!*

Very nice, especially the decorous SNORT, the subtle bird-flipping, and the fact that I appear to be transfixed by something on the ceiling! LOL!

Seriously, good pics, and thanks for posting them!

Ahoy, Captain...If ye can jus' hang on ter it until we meet again...which I hope ter be soon. I trust ye!

;)

Thanks

REDD.jpg

Nice photos Penny!! Say Captain, the night lighting condtions on Royaliste at Quinn's look great- Methinks next time we should bring a tripod and some night-grade film and a 33mm camera and see what kind of dramatic night photos we can get, eh wot?!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

The pictures be good, Lucky Penny...but I noticed there were none o' me - I hope I didna' break yer' camera!!! ;)

I think ye be hidden in me snortin' pic there, mate...though ye shoulda bugged me t' take yer picture in yer piratin' gear.

Sometimes, I need a tricky bit o' remindin'.... ;)