Blackbeard's Wake 2004

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got word that a fella who's responsible for the construction 'o such vessels as the Kalmar Nyckel, Exy and Irving Johnson, and more might come and visit us for the festivities!!...I owe 'im a bit 'o dubloons for some Roblon, but methinks 'e just wants ta visit the 'ole girl! (Royaliste).

Those 'o youze wot be takin' shore duty, ye needs ta contact Raul 'n get a few coils 'o line from him so ye'll be ready to toss 'em to us as we come astern :)

I hooked up with Raul today and got three coils of line, and Raul's diagram of the pier. Right now I have confirmed that Jennifer, Cameron, and I will be on the pier to toss lines, but we may need another person or three to help out. Claire, if you have an idea of other crewmembers who will be arriving by land who would be able to help with docking, it would be a good idea for us to set up a rendezvous for the 17th.

:lol:

:lol: ...I may be arrivin' as early as four'o clock as the winds are yet to be seen...If they be up, it'll be closer to four, if'n it be calmer, closer to five.. :) ...it's about an hour till low tide, so it'll still be ebbing in the estuary, an' really shallow :o ...might need to give darkthing my hand-held depth gauge to post us depth along the dock 'afore we get in... :lol:

:lol: ...I may be arrivin' as early as four'o clock as the winds are yet to be seen...If they be up, it'll be closer to four, if'n it be calmer, closer to five.. :) ...it's about an hour till low tide, so it'll still be ebbing in the estuary, an' really shallow :lol: ...might need to give darkthing my hand-held depth gauge to post us depth along the dock 'afore we get in... :o

We'll be sure to get there early, 3:00 or so, so we can get the lay o' the land and such. Raul mentioned there may be a locked gate t' one o' the piers, but the staff at Quinn's have a key. I'd like t' be early to make sure we have access, and to phone in reports o' conditions to the Royaliste.

If ye want to loan me a gauge, that'll be fine. If we can't stop by this weekend I'll come by next Wednesday afternoon.

Expected crew size is 25, a full ship. Dunno if a broadside in the estuary is a good idea, being that we've got large hotels and such there. Methinks it's prolly better suited to out on the bay. Although it would be fun to rattle everyone's windows... LOL :D

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Expected crew size is 25, a full ship. Dunno if a broadside in the estuary is a good idea, being that we've got large hotels and such there. Methinks it's prolly better suited to out on the bay. Although it would be fun to rattle everyone's windows... LOL :D

Betwixt Angel Island and Alcatraz would be the most logical place, but I am plannin' on a light swivel gun charge for RR aRRival at Quinn's...Historically, I've been in the estuary when the HC fired a round off at the Encinal Y.C.... :D

Question about firearms at Quinn's. . . is it advisable to bring functional weapons (even unloaded) into Quinn's? As land crew, I was considering bringing a firearm to use to "salute" the Royaliste as she came into port, but then worry about stashing it in my car if I cannot bring it inside. What does Quinn's say about it?

Advice and comments? Thank you. :D

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

I suspect the Oakland Police would take a dim view of any sidearms, despite their legality. They deal with a lot of gang violence, and any report of gunshots could bring officers to the scene. I fer one don't care to be on the wrong side o' one o' *their* pistols.

Jus' me opinion, of course. Yer pirates, an' ye do want ye want!

B)

suspect the Oakland Police would take a dim view of any sidearms, despite their legality. They deal with a lot of gang violence, and any report of gunshots could bring officers to the scene. I fer one don't care to be on the wrong side o' one o' *their* pistols.

Anta add ta that Coast Gaurd Island be jus' a stone through across the channel an the way things be goin in the Far East these past two weeks...by next weekend they could be on high alert again... B)

An you really don't wanna be on da business end o' one thier peacemakers... B)

Gunners daughter takes on a whole new meaning... B)

Signaturecopy.gif

Ahoy-

Looks like our weather guessers be forecasting showers for our return sail on Sunday, so we may have a wee bit o' damp on the return trip and some wind out of the west on our docking Saturday.

Details for Saturday's weather

Details for Sunday's weather

CLICK HERE for Oakland 10 day forecast

Ahoy... Darkthing brought it to my attention that there was some confusion as to the docking time vs. the time the event officially starts at Quinn's. Here are the timings.

Pirates sailing need to arrive in the Muni lot at 2pm to be shuttled to the ship.

Expected departure from Sausalito is 3pm

The Royaliste is expected to arrive at Quinn's at 4-5pm.

The event officially kicks off at 7pm- that is the time of our reservation.

Arrrrrrr!! That be excellent news!! Make sure the Elusive Mrs. Oktober be expectin' very crowded shipboard conditions (that means floor and deck space in sleeping bags) or contact the hotel listed in the last emailing for comfy accomodations. Then let me know where the Oktober's be bunkin' so I can keep me counts accurate. :huh:

Sounds like fun! But somehow, I didn't catch the connection between the writer/fighter of the lighthouse, and Teach. :rolleyes:

Capt. William

well, the writer/fighter and Teach are both dead..... a prerequisite for a wake.....and the light house is.......aaaaa........a symbol of spiritual ....a symbol of ...................

And goin' waaaay back, 'twas quite a hunt for a piratical place to hold the Wake, an' they be gettin' e'en harder to find when you try an' stuff a square-rigger into the dining room!! :rolleyes: ..The Lighthouse seemed a most logical place, with it's own pirate history......Older nautical establishments are fallin' by the wayside nowadays..(need a nuther Starbucks, right??) :lol:

Ahoy mates!! Although we are unable to time the firing of our salute to Blackbeard with the schedule of the Angel Island Cannoneers, I have not had a single cancellation for Blackbeards Wake! We've got one heckava lot o' pirates coming and one heckava pirate party ahead tomorrow night mates!!!!!!! ARRRRRRR!!! ;)

Those pirates sleeping aboard... don't forget to bring yer sleeping bag n' yer pillow!

Sailing pirates should be advised that we have a small chance of rain, so dress warmly.

Dock crew meeting the ship by land, Quinn's has been advised that you'll be meeting the ship at about 4-5pm. Tim is the name of the manager you'll on duty that you'll need to see about being let down to the dock.

Thanks, Claire. We'll be there and on the dock at 4:30, and I'll follow up with Tim beforehand. I'll email you my celphone #, just in case you are going to arrive early.

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."