Post photos you want blasted from a cannon on here

TalesOfTheSevenSeas

Hmmmmm.... you can right click and open the photo in a separate window, but in order to enable you to move photo to photo in a linear manner, I'd have to create a separate web page for each photo or...

*sudden brainstorm*

Hey! I could set them up in a revolving javascript program like the portrait on the front page, that might be kinda cool... What do you pirates think? You'd have a harder time making your own copies, but would that be preferable to the current system? I'd have to use much smaller photos also so that they loaded faster. Let me know what you think.

I'd prefer to keep it as it is. Because I, too, right-click a lot. :ph34r:

The other thing you could do is to put each picture onto a webpage with a forward and a back button, so you could link each picture to the next in the sequence. That's what I did on my science illustration site. Granted, it's a PITA to set up...not hard, just a lot of repetitive coding.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quill-

Photoshop has a web gallery sub-program. It'll also make thumbnails. Opera (my web browser) is telling me that there's a huge transfer for the photo page, which leads me to believe that the pictures are fullsized and then resized in HTML. This would be slow if I was on anything besides a dual T1, and hell if I was on a dialup. Do consider thumbnails.

You could post the pics on the Shutterfly website that was talked about on another thread. It's free and it creates a slideshow. You could have a link from your webpage to your shuttberfly webpage. Also, people could order pics from shutterbug (that's how they make their money) or we can right click and save pic for free on our own.

Here is a sample of one my photo albums on shutterfly.

Endkaos's Pirate shutterfly photo album

Here is their main page.www.shutterfly.com

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Well, I don't want to have pirates charged for the photos, so that's definitely out. If there is a free shareware program that can make the thumbnails, that would be great and that I could do, but I'm just too strapped for time to do it manually.

I already resize everything once to get it down to a viewable size. If I was a stay-home pirate with time on my hands I would, but as it is, most of everything I do on-line is managed between a full time job, night classes M-Th, violin lesson Friday night and pyracy or working on the Land Shark on the weekends. The last two photo pages that went up, one of my pirates volunteered to make the thumbnails for me.

So if someone can direct me to a thumbnail program... :huh:

~OR~ I will gladly upload any thumbnails if one of you would like to volunteer to make them?!!

If not... quit yer whinin' ye' scurvy sea-scabs an' let 'em download in the background or I'll keelhaul th' lot o' yez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

(Nah, seriously I do appreciate the constructive criticism, I just don't have the time to make thumbnails)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I'm afraid I just don't have the time to do that for each photo. Sadly I haven't made enough dubloons plundering to quit my day job just yet!

But I just uploaded about 5 more photos from the Crew of the Dirty Rotten Oar...

*runs to look*

And yeah, I hear you. It took forever to do that for my portfolio page. I'm very happy with the result...but it took forever.

~OR~ I will gladly upload any thumbnails if one of you would like to volunteer to make them?!!

If not... quit yer whinin' ye' scurvy sea-scabs an' let 'em download in the background or I'll keelhaul th' lot o' yez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

(Nah, seriously I do appreciate the constructive criticism, I just don't have the time to make thumbnails)

I could probably do the resizing for ye, if that'd help. Just wouldn't go into effect until about a week or so from now. I've not yet reloaded my graphics programs onto my computer after the crash--saving as much HD space as possible for a DVD I'm crunching.

'Quill-

First, you need to set up an action. Open a picture. Go to the actions menu (window->view actions). Click new, and resize a picture to the proper size. Save the picture (save, not save as). Stop recording the action. Now, make a copy of all the pictures you want to thumbnail. Put them in a new folder. Go to File-->Automate-->Batch. Unleash your action on the entire thumbnail folder, and all o' them will be small as ye like.

Alternatively, you could explore the Automate-->Web Photo Gallery option.