Writers Strike...

Iron Bess

The real life dreams, lovely, nice people are:

Henry Winkler

Harrison Ford

Bete Midler (although her stupid dog was nothing but trouble)

Sally Field

Nick Cage

Viggo Mortenson (Hidalgo is ours)....

I've worked with Sally on "Woman of Independent Means" she is pretty much just regular gal. Very nice to work with. Now my list

Patrick Swayze - "North and South: Book 1 & 2, Roadhouse" - Pretty nice

Sam Elliott - "Roadhouse" - Talk about a Pirate Heart. Man can he drink.

Peter Weller - "RoboCop 1 & 2" - A bit snobish but ok.

Nacey Allen - "RoboCop 1 & 2" - Pretty plan. Bubble gum popper.

Kristy Swanson - "The Chase" - No better word describes her... Bitch.

Charlie Sheen - "The Chase" - Nice guy, boy did I get the low down on Ginger Lynn. Argggg.

Denzel Washington - "Glory" - A bit snobish but polite.

Morgan Freeman - "Glory" - Hell of a nice guy. Great story teller.

Tom Cruise - "Born on the Fourth of July" - Egotist

Nichole Kiddman - set of "Born on the Fourth of July" - Genuinly sweet lady

There were many others along the way. For the most part they are regular people on set. Off set is another matter. My favorite has to be Sam Elliot.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(chuckle) Show me yours and I'll show you mine, huh? :huh: I stopped keeping track years ago.

True enough, most are polite at work (But we all know there are those *rare* gems who are true, dyed in the wool *A******s from sunup to sunset (and I'll say nothing here about Sean Connery).... Most have the problem of believeing their own press.

The only reason I am still in this job I think is because I am so unimpressed and not afraid to treat them like regular folk AND... speak up when I think they are out of line. Yes, yes, they get away with murder at times but the *line* for them is not the same as it is for you and me.

One Actor (who shall remain nameless however is widely believed to be the *Mr Nice Guy* of the industry,) has tried over the years to have more people fired then anyone else I know. And for stupid things like not leaving a pass at the gate for someone to drive on.

Mr Nice guy indeed.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Any day of the week my dear. Any day of the week.

Oh, I've had my share of those as well. But it also depends on the production company. Working for the mouse you expect a "better form" of treatment than say you would with Orion. Allot of it is precieved as "Oh, I can get away with it."

I don't think I will ever forget one actor who was too close to a 3 lb. helicopter hit. (pyro for those not in the know). It was a timed shot and I yelled at him.

"Hey, you need to move. Come over here."

Nods and waves

"No really, you need to move. Come here."

Looks down his nose and turns back around.

"Hey, you ignorant, self righteous asshole. Are you that stupid or do you take lessons."

He gets real pissy and moves towards me to tell me off when the charge goes off when the truck goes by. Singed his neck hair. All of a sudden he wasn't so mad.

Star power doesn't always mean smart. One reason I never listen to a "Stars" political opinion.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Star power doesn't always mean smart. One reason I never listen to a "Stars" political opinion.

On a good day... I don't have to listen to them at all!! :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

But the question on all of our minds....what about Bruce Campbell?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

But the question on all of our minds....what about Bruce Campbell?

Bruce Campbell?

I'd say diverse, fun and a hard, hard worker. The fellow can do just about everything. :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ye know Bess, someday when you retire, you'll have to write one of those Hollywood tell-all type books. You could give it a nice dramatic title like "In the Shadow of the Mouse". You'd become a wonderfully controversial author, gaining instant fame and fortune as your book hit the best-seller list and Opra's book club!! We'd all get autographed copies and brag to our friends about how chummy we are with Ms. Bess!

Then, when the furor begins to die down and the lawyers have stopped calling, you put out your second tell-all book titled "Minnie Wore Black Lace" in which you hint at possible star-studded trysts but you insist with a wave of your diamon-ring encrusted hand that

"It's simply a work of fiction dahhhhling, with no basis in fact! How preposterous!!" But then you'd wink conspiratorially and keep everyone guessing even more...

Can I be your agent?!! We could be rich pirates!! No, fabulously rich!! ARRRRRRRRR!!!! I mean Ahhhhhhrrr Dahhhhhhhhling!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

ROTDLMAO!!!!!! :huh:

Naw, I'd never want to become one of the creatures that I wrangle...

I do have a lovely book title though,

*Please don't shoot me, I work for Don Simpson!!*

That is derived from the screams of the poor kid that found himself looking down the barrels of Tommy Lee Jones double barrel shotgun one afternoon after producer Don Simpson had him sneak onto Tommy's property with a script Don wanted him to read.

Yeah... it's tinsel towne alright.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

[sure, if you'd like. :D

Thanks Iron Bess.

I'm sure they will love it. We always like to post description of "sightings". Maybe some day I will have one of my own. :(

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Sam Elliot;

He's a credit to his profession. I met him at a civil war reeactment in Virginia that we were participating in. He had flown out there from Arizona where he'd been shooting the night before on" Tombstone". Took the red eye out to help raise money to save the Brandy Station battlefield. He spoke with the crowd all day and made his plea in the uniform he had worn in "Gettysburg" in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity .His day was over at 5:00 pm and one would think he would have left to rest, but no he came over to the reeactors area and sat around talking to us and signing autographs until 8:00 pm when he had to return to Arizona to shoot the next day.

Just thought I'd share. Sam Elliot, POTC, HMMM naw to much cowboy.

Barbados Jack

**** When daylight fades, Darkness prevails****

** Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez **

" We sail within a vast sphere, Ever drifting in uncertainty, Driven from end to end"

- Pascal-

I like cowboys.

Bless ye, Bess, fer treatin' them actors like the rest o'us. They be doin' a job tis all. I don't go fer all the adulation that most o'them don't deserve.

The British have it correct, they don't put their actors on pedestools like us Yanks. If then does a good job, then they gets Knighted by the Queen. :(

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

The British have it correct, they don't put their actors on pedestools like us Yanks. If then does a good job, then they gets Knighted by the Queen. B)

Yeah, well... around here if they do a good job, the guy that delivers the diet soda and snacks manages to get it in the right trailers!! B)

I love having something to hang over their heards!! B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Some very interesting tales ye's got here.

If I were in the situation I'd only hope there would be someone to knock me down from any pedistal I'd get on. 'tis not a very comely place fer a lady (even a pirate) t' sit herself, aye?

As for the writer's strike... I cross me pistol an' me sword fer it t' be finished in time.

Fair Winds :)

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

Some very interesting tales ye's got here.

If I were in the situation I'd only hope there would be someone to knock me down from any pedistal I'd get on. 'tis not a very comely place fer a lady (even a pirate) t' sit herself, aye?

The lack-luster truth is that I have far less trouble with the *Ladies* then I do the lads.

They be the ones that seem to let their heads swell to bursting and think they can have their hearts desire anytime of the day or night.

An example:

We had a *Talent* that was in New York in one of the BEST hotels in the World. He couldn't see himself ordering from room service so he called his assistant who was still in Los Angeles... to call the Hotel in New York and order room service for him.

And they think we Pirates are bloody mad. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:huh::ph34r:

Don't much care for the brand of coffee.. let alone coffee at all. more liking the specialties from time to time like Cafe Mocha, Frappecinos, Cafe Latte... even LOVE Chai! :lol:

Though would like to try the roasted blends they have via Jas. Townsend & sons. Haven't really heard anything about how their coffee's taste.

Though... I LOOOOOVE the 18th c Hot Chocolate! I swear.. you'll be a bouncin' off the walls for hours! No joke! :huh:

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Y'say there be coffee other than Starbucks?!  :lol:  

:huh:

Yeah. There's Peet's :ph34r: :)

Whoo! Peets! :huh:

But really, pirates SHOULD go fer Starbucks. I mean, they've commandeered nearly every corner of every big city block in the Nation!

("Not just the Nation, love. The entire hemisphere. The entire WORLD!")

Aye, Carrie! They be a fine fleet o'shops!

(Actually they appeal to my bleeding-heart liberal side that likes to see people treated fairly; they even offer health insurance and other benefits to part-time workers. A company that walks the walk and talks the talk.)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

(Actually they appeal to my bleeding-heart liberal side that likes to see people treated fairly; they even offer health insurance and other benefits to part-time workers. A company that walks the walk and talks the talk.)

(chuckle).....OOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Why, I bet if Disney knew that... they'd yank it right out of the commissary!!!!!

Yes Cap't Grey... we have sopme in the commissary if your of a mind to have some when you visit. :)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:huh::huh:

Don't much care for the brand of coffee.. let alone coffee at all. more liking the specialties from time to time like Cafe Mocha, Frappecinos, Cafe Latte... even LOVE Chai! :huh:

Though would like to try the roasted blends they have via Jas. Townsend & sons. Haven't really heard anything about how their coffee's taste.

Though... I LOOOOOVE the 18th c Hot Chocolate! I swear.. you'll be a bouncin' off the walls for hours! No joke! :huh:

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:huh:

OT ...Speaking of which... there are two guys from the Hampton Court kitchens here doing research on cooking in the court of James I. They are experimental archeologists. Meaning the figure out how something was done in the past by actually doing it.

One of them did research on chocolate for a George II exhibit and made 18th c. hot chocolate (had a bit of a problem with the forth though). He had a proper matate made from an 18th c. description with a stove underneath to warm the stone and better grind the cocoa nibs. Almost pure caffine, and a lot of fat from the cocoa butter.

He says after doing the research he doesn't like chocolate anymore. Had too darn much! :D

They also brought some nice piecies of ceramic, clothing, buttons, etc. both real and replica. I got to handle a 16th c. button. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Heh heh... among the seattle pirates thar be a frequent joke...

"What is a pirate's favorite coffee place?"

"Staaaaaaaaaaarbucks!"

Their symbol is a mermaid (syrin?) after all.

We went in and jostled around with some employees on Halloween. And we got those little peppermint sticks with Muppets on the ends.... an' used 'em for dueling. :huh:

Now personally, I don't drink Coffee. Everyone looks at me like I's got a seedling growin' out of me head..... Just you wait until the country gets so obsessed with espresso and mocha latte's that they start puttin' drive through coffee huts in every large parking lot like they do here in Seattle. :huh:

Good Plunderin!

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif