Writers Strike...

Iron Bess

I don't think ye' need to verify it Bessie me lass- Johnny Depp said it himself that he based his character on Keith Richards in this ABC interview...

...and Johnny said

and in another interview:

...and then Johnny said

...and here be Richard's comments on it, LOL

...and then Keith said

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think ye' need to verify it Bessie me lass- Johnny Depp said it himself that he based his character on Keith Richards in this ABC interview...

No, no.... this has nothing to do with Depps characterazation...

I mean the rumor that they are going to try and GET Keith RIchards to be in POTC2. :o

Yo Ho. :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well.... who knows if the guy can even act. They wouldn't take a chance on something like that with a picture worth as much as this one could be worth to them.

Could just have been idea someone tossed in. We'll see what we can find out. :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

That is perhaps the single greatest rumor I have ever heard.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Well, in a yay way. If it doesn't work out, or it's false, it's the greatest rumor I've ever heard, and if it does work out, then it's the greatest leak I've ever heard. Keith Richards is probably very close to what some pirates realty were like: completely lost in inebriation. Add a little homicidal mania to the mix, and you have Charles Vane. Or Phil Spector.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I've never heard Alan Dean Foster say that "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" was intended to be a movie. If you're familiar with EU (Expanded Universe) then you know how closely the Lucas company keeps tabs on the writers and the books so that they don't interfere with the movie scripts.

Hmmm, most post this on me other board t'see what my "experts" think. Yer most welcome t'join us at http://www.sandiegostarwars.com/discuss/index.php

(Just don't talk to David Brin about Star Wars; I was verbally accosted by him at a convention. It took every ounce of willpower to keep from comparing how well his book-turned-film did at the box office :o )

Alright, I've blown my cover. I be a geek. And I get extra points fer bein' a female geek!

There was an old bio of Lucas called Skywalking that came out in the 80's that detailed some of his early visions of how the movies were to go. It was clear from those descriptions that Splinter of the Mind's Eye was based upon those concepts and fleshed out by Foster.

:)

And, bear in mind, that novel came out LONG before the huge SW-novel-spin-off monster (EU) was birthed. That really only began with the Zahn books and took off from there. Before that was just Splinter, the Han Solo trilogy by Brian Daley, and the Lando trilogy. And Splinter came out between the first Star Wars and Empire, so it predates most of the later hype and attempts to keep things "canon."

I be a geek, too.

I'll take the rest of the conversation off the board if it gets annoyingly non-piratical.

:o

Wot's this? Cap'n Jack Sparrow commentin' 'bout thong under thingys?

I'm sure it was sumthin' like, "Very interesting...."

I'm sure 'e saw sumthin' of tha' nature in Singapore.....

Actually I think it was somethin' along the lines of

"M'never wearin' anythin' like that again!"

To which I replied. "Well, if you didn't try to commandeer MINE they might have fit you better!"

There was no response after that for some reason.

You know, there are too many voices in me 'ead, there be....but at least they be interestin' ones!

AH.... tha's Ol' Jack for ye....

No mention of eunich's? Hmmm.. maybe a goode thing....

Musta been aweful for 'im.... :lol:

Well, 'long as a Pyrate's got 'is Hat n' 'is Boots... he be dressed..... Th' rest is su-per-fu-lous....

I think we've come to a good place here.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Musta been aweful for 'im.... :lol:

Well, 'long as a Pyrate's got 'is Hat n' 'is Boots... he be dressed..... Th' rest is su-per-fu-lous....

:lol: Well... as long as a Pirates *long* he's dressed and that makes the rest...

(Did I really write that??) :o

:lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Ahhhhhh!! *lightbulb goes on* Keith Richards in POTC2 sez ye!!

*ponders*

He be an' outlaw and he be scruffy, 'tis certain! But can ye' have two wobbly eccentrics in the same movie? Hmmmmm!!

Say Bess, inquiring minds want to know- What was Johnny Depp like when ye' met 'im?

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Han Solo's revenge, Han Solo at Stars End, and ......... what?

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Yeah, and the reason starts with an 'H', end with an 'N', and has 'EROI' in the middle.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Say Bess, inquiring minds want to know- What was Johnny Depp like when ye' met 'im?

Well first off the rumor is....

Just that. A rumor. However.... it started because they are kicking around having him walk through a scene or at least do some small bit. At Johnnies request. Might happen might not.

He was a dear, Quill. Although I have to be honest and say I did not know who he was.

The FIRST time I saw him I was standing in the commissary on a day when they were testing costumes for extras. Lord!! We were up to our chins in pirtaes! Every table as taken with costumed blokes and wenches and while I was gazing around in utter awe.... this little voice says *Please, you can sit here if you like, I'm not expecting anyone else.* To which I reply *Oh, thanks but i'm not looking for a seat I'm just walking though. Thanks though.* To which the voice answeres, *Oh, okay. Offers open though if your stuck for space some other time.*

By this time I've looked in his direction and smiled and started walking out... and only then realized it was Johnnie Depp who looked all of 12 years old sitting there. And when we met again on business the next day he remembered me from the day before.

He's pretty soft spoken, a true gentleman, a practical joker and a REAL nice guy. Can't wait to have him here again. :)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

That is so awsome Iron Bess. now I really curious are you a casting director or what do you do? what is your job at disney? sorry to ask but I really want to know. hehe :lol:

'Do not be afraid to dream, for out of such fragile things come miracles'

Han Solo's revenge, Han Solo at Stars End, and ......... what?

Han Solo's Revenge

Han Solo at Star's End

Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.

Han be a pirate, basically, so we're still on-topic...right?

Brian Daley also did the scripts for all three radio series, and died sadly young just as Return of the Jedi was being prepared to go on the air.

That is so awsome Iron Bess.  now I really curious are you a casting director or what do you do?  what is your job at disney?  sorry to ask but I really want to know.  hehe  :lol:

I'll second that. And thanks for telling the story. It is, indeed, a nice thing to hear of stars who are decent polite human beings. All too often we hear the stories about when they're not.

That was very sweet of Johnny. :D

Anyway... the Keith Richards rumor sounds really good. Actually that would be a fun truth IF Richards gets a cameo at least. Would be funny as hell... their character reactions & all. :lol:B)

That is the best rumor I have ever heard.

Anything about Rush? Are they getting him back? Or not? Anyone else confirmed to return? Any newbies to PotC?

:::innocent looking:: sorry .. just overly curious. :D

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

That is so awsome Iron Bess. now I really curious are you a casting director or what do you do? what is your job at disney? sorry to ask but I really want to know. hehe :ph34r:

I've been with Disney since 1970 (Yes, I'm old)

I'm Talent Administration for Studio Operations which is just a fancy way of saying *A baby sitter for actors* :lol:

Okay, okay, some are nice but most are pains in the sail cloth. :D

Drink up me hearties Yo Ho indeed! :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

[ The FIRST time I saw him I was standing in the commissary on a day when they were testing costumes for extras. Lord!! We were up to our chins in pirtaes! Every table as taken with costumed blokes and wenches and while I was gazing around in utter awe.... this little voice says *Please, you can sit here if you like, I'm not expecting anyone else.* To which I reply *Oh, thanks but i'm not looking for a seat I'm just walking though. Thanks though.* To which the voice answeres, *Oh, okay. Offers open though if your stuck for space some other time.*

By this time I've looked in his direction and smiled and started walking out... and only then realized it was Johnnie Depp who looked all of 12 years old sitting there. And when we met again on business the next day he remembered me from the day before.

He's pretty soft spoken, a true gentleman, a practical joker and a REAL nice guy. Can't wait to have him here again. :)

Iron Bess,

Can I share yer encounter with the fans on a Johnny board? I'm sure they would love to hear it. :)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Babysitter for the Actors. :D Poor thing. Now that is a big a challenge. Interesting way to put it though. Though I bet it's a blast.... obviously. :ph34r:

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Can I share yer encounter with the fans on a Johnny board? I'm sure they would love to hear it. :)

Sure, if you'd like. :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Babysitter for the Actors. :huh: Poor thing. Now that is a big a challenge. Interesting way to put it though. Though I bet it's a blast.... obviously. B)

I have to say it's just about ANYTHING but a blast. It's still work and while they may be *dreams* up there on the big screen, here on earth most are spoiled, demanding, mean spirited people that make it a lifes work to keep the public from knowing who they really are.

The real life dreams, lovely, nice people are:

Henry Winkler

Harrison Ford

Bete Midler (although her stupid dog was nothing but trouble)

Sally Field

Nick Cage

Viggo Mortenson (Hidalgo is ours)....

There are a few others but the nasty list is much longer... and I'll keep that to m'self.

Really, it's just a job.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif