Petty Annoyances

Ransom

Mission is, too, a GROWNUP! Mission is an ADULT!! GROWNUP ..... GROWNUP ......Everybody chant ..... GROWNUP, GROAN UP !!

;);););) Huh? I'm only tree and a half years old.

Good God Please....embrace your inner child, will ya! It's healthier for you...

But don't get too carried away...or we'll have to call the cops!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: People who interrupt you when your talking to someone, or who cut you off in mid-sentence
Yeah! I know exactly what you mean! I sooo hate that too! I mean, like, it's like they're not even paying attention to what you're saying but just waiting for a pause so that they can say what they want to say (god forbid they have anything on their mind), you know? And what if you are trying to make a point, you know, with like a beginning, a middle, and an end, like building up to a joke or maybe, like you know, an argument. Not the "I'm mad at you" type of argument but the type of argument like they try to teach you about in school, you know? What with the circles and the "p"s and "q"s and the little arrow thingies. And it's like there's no respect for your train of thought. You know trains used to be very nice, like really well appointed, you know, like a nice hotel you could travel in, but now they are more like buses that go fast and don't stop so much. Have you ever been on a bus? I think the bus would be nicer if it were more like a hotel, but then you probably couldn't get a seat as easily because everybody would want to sleep on the bus and order room service. I wonder how often they would change the sheets if the bus was a hotel?
when you're talking to them, so they can talk. I have a friend who does this all the time. I'll start to say something, and they barge right over me. I've even tested this person by continuing to go on with what I was trying to say, and they will just keep talking over the top of me. Obviously, this person prefers the sound of their own voice, to any real conversation. To me, it's just rude.

:lol::D:D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

1. On the road: Bicyclist blocking a lane of traffic wearing their "Share the road" shirts. Ok, let's share the road but let's share the expense too. License bikes for on road use and ticket them when they violate the vehicle code.

2. On the water: jet skis.

3. On foot: People who use baby buggies as battering rams in crowded places.

4. In the air: People who arrive late (Southwest) and expect someone who arrived early so as to get a good seat to give it up so they can sit with their companion.

:blink:

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

'Joe Pyrat' date='Apr 22 2009, 03:54 PM'

3. On foot: People who use baby buggies as battering rams in crowded places.

Perhaps they should put 'cow catchers' on the front of those damn things...it would be great for State Fairs and crowd control.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

You're driving down the freeway. Flashing lights and a sign that says "Right Lane Close One Mile Ahead." Everyone starts to slowly merge into the left lane...

Except there is always at least one, if not several, %$^#@ idiots who speed up, zoom past everyone, then cut right in front of you at the last possible moment, or just start merging into the side of your car, forcing you to stop and let them in. That's the time I wish I was driving something out of Mad Max, so I could batter them into the guard rails. :unsure:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL... oh, forget Mad Max, Ransom... Give me a Transformer and I'll deal with those bastards! :)

Annoyance?

Well, my mom bitching about... just about anything and everything. Taking on too much like she must or should do it. And what doesn't go her way, she gets pissy about it.

Oh, and major annoyance.... OTHER DRIVERS!!!

Freakin' annoys me how other people drive! Either too fast or too slow. Especially when people tailgate you and you are already going 5 or 10 over the speed limit! BACK THE F*** OFF!!! Tailgating me is NOT gonna make me go faster, I only want to slam on my breaks (granted I can't do that).

Oh, and can we say "DUMBA**" to those who do NOT pay attention and nearly hit an emergency vehicle WITH their lights and siren on? Saw that today where I cop with lights and siren on full blast was coming from the opporsite direction - I heard the siren before I saw it - everyone was stopped and a few out of the way... as it slowed down at an intersection... and then some white car barrels into the intersection from my right a block away and stops right infront of the cop, right in the middle of the intersection. Oh, what a dumba**!!

It urks the hell out of me how people drive.... Why? Because I'm on the road, too, and I do NOT want to die today!!!!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Blatant spelling errors annoy me, especially when circulated in official documents and interoffice memos....

Whilst I quite understand culturally accepted spelling variations within the English language (having been educated on both sides of the pond - harbor vs harbour, for example), there are some things that are just not done by supposedly educated individuals....

Ex: I once had an employee send me their "attentative vacation schedule".....must say I rolled on the floor laughing over that one!

Oh well, I guess the dictionary is not for everyone!

Aerynfyre

People who use baby buggies as battering rams in crowded places.[/i]

Back in the bronze age one of my former paramours was run over at the Texas State Fair by Ron Howard pushing a baby carriage (lol).

Edited by CaptainSatan

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Ill second that cheeky...

For me...when I'm working...stay out of my way.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Leaf blowers! Noisy, smelly...and used by people too lazy to pick up a broom. And all the stuff they blow off the driveway/yard, they just blow into the street. Littering, I say! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

My short list of peeves;

People who extend acronyms with a word used in the acronym;

"ATM machine" (machine is the M... thank you...)

"PIN number" (number is the N thank you...)

"VIN number" (number is the N thank you...)

People who say "Tin foil"... (Aluminum foil thank you... Tin foil hasn't been around in decades...)...

People who use the word "then" when "than" would be correct within their writings...

People who open their mouths prior to engaging their brains...

And my current annoyance;

Bruno...

Commodore Ashton "WeirdBeard" Synn

NyghtCraftLogoRed.jpg

Highest Quality Handcrafted Leather on or off the 7 seas!

You're driving down the freeway. Flashing lights and a sign that says "Right Lane Close One Mile Ahead." Everyone starts to slowly merge into the left lane...

Except there is always at least one, if not several, %$^#@ idiots who speed up, zoom past everyone, then cut right in front of you at the last possible moment, or just start merging into the side of your car, forcing you to stop and let them in. That's the time I wish I was driving something out of Mad Max, so I could batter them into the guard rails. :rolleyes:

What I have started doing is to get into the offending lane and keep formation with the through lane.

I've gotten MANY "thumbs up" for doing than and only once had to wait a few cars to get over. Usually, the one next to me of immediately behind it lest me right in, then the other BLOCK the jerks I blocked.

Twice, someone has "buzzed" my be on the median REALLY POed, only to have the cop at whatever is closing the lane pull them over and EVERYONE passed them as that car sat on the side of the road with a cop or 2 by the window.

Oh, and truckers often to the same thing.

It helps traffic move better, as often the backup is people where the lane ends stopping completely to let in the jerks that pass everyone.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Driving home late at night (say, halfway through the first watch - that's aout 10:30 PM to any of you lubbers out there) and being passed by a motorcyclist going about eighty, doing a wheelie.

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Yeaahhh... I've seen some crazy motorcyclist stunts on highways... there was this dude actually stood up! on his bike! and stretched his arms out to the side! If I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes I would never have believed it. ;)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Sorry guys, I'll try to confine my stunts to less traveled roads. ;) You should see me line shooting though... it'll make yer butt pucker just to watch!!!

Line shooting= riding between two vehicles coming/going opposite directions. (watch out for those big trailer hauling mirrors though!)

Honestly I haven't done those stupid things in many years. Lucky I didn't cause some major accidents and death in my youth.

Bo

Folks who shoot off rude, self proclaiming emails to others before they give any real thought or effort into finding out what may be going on with the recipients. :D

Disney and the World at large seems are full of these thoughtless individuals. :o

I saw someone hurt terribly today by one and for no reason except the sender was full of their own importance and impatience.

I am off now to set it right! (grumble) :o

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And my current annoyance;

Bruno...

Commodore Ashton "WeirdBeard" Synn[/b]

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thank you, I thought it was just me. :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

People who are dissatisfied with your behavior or how you are treating them and they don't tell you or make suggestions on what they want because clearly, since you have made no changes, you are unaware of their dissatisfaction with how things are being run!

Is that vague enough?

Jet skis, ruining the quiet ambiance of a mountain lake. ;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg