Petty Annoyances

Ransom

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petty annoyance:

People who "claim" to be ultra-aware of spirits/ghosts and "vibes" from the beyond, when you know it's all a sham. (This doesn't mean you, Siren. We all know you are legit!)

Hey..I resemble that remark...sorta...maybe it's animal instinct??? :huh::huh::huh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Animal? :huh:

In Stink? :huh:

Why'd ya bring him up?

(analyze this Senor Mission, could it have been a Sigmund Freudian connection, or was she thinkin of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters for the connection between animal and stinkin')

(Ain't 'eard from him in a day or several, maybe this will awaken the Kraaken.)

Huh?

Now he's gonna be all giddy an junk when I see 'im this weekend.

Thanks Syren, way to go. :huh:

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

In its worst form, I have always thought the need for ghosts, tarot, horrorscopes, aliens and whatnot was a way to give part of the control of our lives over to something external and try and absolve ourselves from responsibility. (In other words, it's a psychological crutch IMO.) In its least damaging form, it's a (mostly) harmless game we play with ourselves. Personally, I love being in control of my destiny. Even when things happen that I can't control, I can at least control my reaction to those inevitable things the occur outside my control. (Which doesn't happen to include ghosts, tarot, horrorscopes, aliens and whatnot - as you might have guessed. :wacko: )

"Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?"

"Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say." :wacko:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

In its worst form, I have always thought the need for ghosts, tarot, horrorscopes, aliens and whatnot was a way to give part of the control of our lives over to something external and try and absolve ourselves from responsibility. (In other words, it's a psychological crutch IMO.) In its least damaging form, it's a (mostly) harmless game we play with ourselves. Personally, I love being in control of my destiny. Even when things happen that I can't control, I can at least control my reaction to those inevitable things the occur outside my control. (Which doesn't happen to include ghosts, tarot, horrorscopes, aliens and whatnot - as you might have guessed. :wacko: )

"Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?"

"Ah, if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say." ;)

:wacko: There's no Bessie in Loch Ness!!!!! Then, what was that thing I saw that looked like Beannie the Seasick Sea Serpent?

And I know there is an Atlantis, 'cause there was a TV show that starred a man who said he was from there, and could hold his breath for a really long time. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

There's no Bessie in Loch Ness!!!!!

You're right...there isn't....that would be Nessie...her hotter and more attractive cousin.

We have Chessie here on the Chesapeake Bay.

and back home in Upstate NY we have Champ or Champy in Lake Champlain

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Petty annoyance - Mission being the thread pooper.

Well this is the thread for being a petty annoyance. (I like to think I'm quite good at it, too.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I've got an annoyance.

When you buy new shoes that look great and seem to fit perfect so you wear them to an event. Then an hour later you're walking barefoot because your poor feet are blistered and sore.

Is this what they mean by "Killer Shoes"?

Member of "The Forsaken"

There's no Bessie in Loch Ness!!!!!

You're right...there isn't....that would be Nessie...her hotter and more attractive cousin.

We have Chessie here on the Chesapeake Bay.

and back home in Upstate NY we have Champ or Champy in Lake Champlain

Sheesh, in Grants Pass, all we have is a very ugly statue of a caveman — who looks like he has a dislocated shoulder.

No lake serpents, Bessie or Nessie, or anything. :wacko:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Sheesh, in Grants Pass, all we have is a very ugly statue of a caveman — who looks like he has a dislocated shoulder. No lake serpents, Bessie or Nessie, or anything. :wacko:

Caveman? Is it because of all those caves located near you. So is the where is your Caveman statue?

Member of "The Forsaken"

It's right as you come into town off the I-5 freeway. The most butt-ugly statue you have ever seen. Don't know what started the caveman thing, but half the businesses in town are Caveman....Heating, Towing, Printers, etc. The old bridge over the Rogue is Caveman Bridge. And during Boatnick weekend, during the parade, there is a group of guys/girls dressed as cavemen/women who pass out candy to kids, and "kidnap" people and put them in a wooden cage.

No one has any idea where it all came from, and apparently it has nothing to do with the Oregon Caves, outside Cave Junction (a hippie haven of extreme proportions).

Last summer, some young kids tried to burn the statue down —caused a fire storm in this town you would NOT believe. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Some folks are naturally skeptical. I'm extremely pragmatic but I've encountered things that are well out of "the box".

My brother was an extreme skeptic for years, until he had his own - for lack of a better term - paranormal experience. Then he understood what I had been talking about all those years.

I still have no explanation for what I've experienced. Although I think Shakespeare put it best in Hamlet: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy."

RHJMap.jpg

I think it's kind of sad for some people who grow up and forget the wonder of being a kid. I hope I never lose that magic....

Her's a petty one,

A lot of us guys refuse to grow up, but do our spouses appreciate that?

OHHHH NOOOOOO, we gotta catch alotta flack "Oh grow" "Why doncha grow up" "Quit cryin' I didn't hit ya that hard, what arrr ye some kind a little kid?"

Strike .... no pun intended .... that last one, it's kinda private. (No wasn't hit there).

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

People who refuse to see things outside of the box!

When people say "Think outside of the box".... They are still letting some stupid box define their thoughts...... :D

I think it's kind of sad for some people who grow up and forget the wonder of being a kid.

Is that like Jimmy B's line..... "I'd rather die while I'm living than live when I'm dead".....

Or am I just being annoying...... :D