Petty Annoyances

Ransom

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always makes me growl when I try to pull the foil seal off of a bottle or something, only to have the pull-tab tear off in my fingers while the seal stays firmly in place. :huh:

Agreed! Or when you open a can soup and they all have that nifty ring top now and you have the can a quarter of the way open and the tab breaks....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

It always makes me growl when I try to pull the foil seal off of a bottle or something, only to have the pull-tab tear off in my fingers while the seal stays firmly in place. :P

All the more reason to stick with bottles, corks and screw-caps! :P

Edited by Quartermaster James

Roofers who insist on shouting to each other, not caring that they're bothering all their client's neighbours with their racket. Seriously, shut the eff up! You're standing right outside my window!

Telemarketers who call [desptie the fact your number's on the no-call registry] when you happen to be waiting for an important call from your family, making you run for the phone from the bathroom, and then they hang up before you answer, forcing you to use *69 in case it was the important call you were waiting for. I hope you heard me swearing at you over the frickin' dial tone! (I'm sure the roofers next door heard me.)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

some of my Biggest pet peeves:

No 1......greedy self serving people

people in too much of a hurry to yield the right of way.

and line cutters!!!!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Heh. Has anyone here seen "Dead Like Me"? This section is priceless:

Rube: [to a hurried woman who sees an acquaintance in line at the post office and moves in line next to her] I have a question for you... is everyone in this line an a$$hole?

Woman in Post Office: Excuse me?

Rube: Is everyone you just cut in front of an a$$hole?

Woman in Post Office: No.

Rube: So it's just you then?

Woman in Post Office: I have children in the car.

Rube: I have a cake in the oven.

[pointing]

Rube: He's got three minutes left on the meter. And she's got a lunch meeting. We all have a finite amount of time. Now get in the back of the line. And don't use your children like that - it's shameful.

[Everyone in line applauds.]

RHJMap.jpg

This is going to make me sound like a grouchy old woman at the ripe age of 30 :blink: .

(I am by no means calling 30 old, that would be obnoxious, and worthy of a pet peeve of it's own.)

Snarky teenagers/college kids annoy me.

I was in the self checkout line at the grocery store ringing myself up when some college kids got behind me. I had items that I had to enter codes in and I guess they decided I was taking too long. After waiting less than 30 seconds for me to finish up, they snorted, rolled their eyes at me and got in another line.

It was so nice to finish up 30 seconds later and walk past the two of them stuck in their line. They had to have a clerk help them use the self check out.

Edited by Rogue Mermaid

some of my Biggest pet peeves:

No 1......greedy self serving people

people in too much of a hurry to yield the right of way.

and line cutters!!!!

Just come out and say what's on yer mind Nell, do ya want me to change my signature?

If I could put this post in line ahead of your I would!

Oh,never mind I don,t have time to wait!

Mission is, too, a GROWNUP! Mission is an ADULT!! GROWNUP ..... GROWNUP ......

Everybody chant ..... GROWNUP, GROAN UP !!

:rolleyes:;);):rolleyes:

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Line cutters... tail gaiters....

People who didn't plan ahead of time to get where they wanted to be,..... and are now mad at me, because I'm exactly where I want to be, at exactly the time and speed I want to go at.... to be where I want to be, to be on time for where I was going....

(sorry sounds way too metaphysical...)

I loved this line from the Army...

"Lack of Prior Planning does not constitute an Emergency...."

Mission is, too, a GROWNUP! Mission is an ADULT!! GROWNUP ..... GROWNUP ......

Everybody chant ..... GROWNUP, GROAN UP !!

:rolleyes::P:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Huh? I'm only tree and a half years old.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Line cutters... tail gaiters....

People who didn't plan ahead of time to get where they wanted to be,..... and are now mad at me, because I'm exactly where I want to be, at exactly the time and speed I want to go at.... to be where I want to be, to be on time for where I was going....

(sorry sounds way too metaphysical...)

I loved this line from the Army...

"Lack of Prior Planning does not constitute an Emergency...."

Well aquainted with that one! Heard that a million times as a kid. Needless to say I'm a planner myself.

<---Navy gal with a dad who was a Marine Corps D.I.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Octo co workers who have to meddle in everything SLAP!!!!! Leave me alone!!!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This may be my greatest peeve of all! I hate it when I am driving in the left lane, already going 5-10 mph over the speed limit, and someone (usually a male barely into his 20s) comes up from behind me at over 80 mph, flashes his lights, expecting me to either 1: increase my speed to match his, and thereby increasing my culpability in breaking the speed limit) or 2: get into the right lane, so he doesn't have to inconvenience himself by obeying the law and prevailing speed of traffic. I would love to be able to talk to him, to hear his argument for my breaking the law so he can drive the speed he feels like driving

Aye Aye to that one! I had a guy in a corvette pulling to the left to flash his highbeams in my side mirror! What a jerk! Left lane does not mean "however the heck fast I wanna go".

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.

Hangovers.

Not the ones where you are in bed all day trying to keep the contents of your stomach in order, those are major annoyances.

I'm talking about the little ones that you just are a little headachey and a little nauseous. They are just annoying to put a damper on your day and keep you from drinking agian for a few days.

and keep you from drinking agian for a few days.

Wot? Hair A' th' Dog wot bit ye....

The best way to avoid hangovers is to keep drinkin'

Now wot really annoys me is that me boss don't agree wit that treatment..... B)

Petty... wot.....?

There isn't anyone withing two blocks that I can trust,,

I live in a neighborhood with a bunch craksters,,,

If it ain't bolted down thay will steal IT

<and I can't be here alla the time to stop it..>

And why do I get in trouble if I shoot them?......

Pyrates at least had th ball to understand that if they lost... they couldn't sue YOU in court......

Forgetin' what I just walked out to the shop to measure an' only 'memberin half o' it a minute or so later!
I to spend more time thinking of the here after these days. Walk into the room and wonder "What am I here after"

I find infomercials annoying. Even if I like what they are selling ...I hate the format ...what am I stupid? ...don't tell me that the "interview" is not scripted. I don't believe that I will become a size 6 when I weare that and I dont' clean with what I have what makes you think I will clean with that new product? :(

B) People who interrupt you when your talking to someone, or who cut you off in mid-sentence when you're talking to them, so they can talk. I have a friend who does this all the time. I'll start to say something, and they barge right over me. I've even tested this person by continuing to go on with what I was trying to say, and they will just keep talking over the top of me. Obviously, this person prefers the sound of their own voice, to any real conversation. To me, it's just rude.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog