Petty Annoyances

Ransom

I think it's kind of sad for some people who grow up and forget the wonder of being a kid. I hope I never lose that magic....

It's like a check list, really.

1. Giggle at farts

2. See something in clouds

3. Call someone a butthead at least once a day

4. Look really stupid when you see a puppy or kitty

5. Say the word kitty

It really is that simple. :D

Please add you can think of more.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Thequartermaster has something there...

When I talk like a child...I am a child...

This is what I mean:

Thequartermaster mentioned...'say kitty' well nomally most adults would say cat or kitten when talking...but there is something very child like in the use of certain words...

I still say Bunny...when I mean rabbit...Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....

There is something very liberating about that word to me....

Hmmm...Could it be the new avatar?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I think Thequartermaster has something there...

When I talk like a child...I am a child...

This is what I mean:

Thequartermaster mentioned...'say kitty' well nomally most adults would say cat or kitten when talking...but there is something very child like in the use of certain words...

I still say Bunny...when I mean rabbit...Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....Bunny....

There is something very liberating about that word to me....

Hmmm...Could it be the new avatar?

lookalikes4.jpg

if you don't smile at this......you have no soul lol

Geez what happened to a little magic now and then?

Disney bought all the magic and now we have to pay royalties. We are still chalk full of shenanigans though. :D Eeeevil shenanigans.

"I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."

I love Super Troopers.

"I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."

I love Super Troopers.

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy $%*t on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

lol im glad someone picked up on it =)

I have no soul, the bunny and the kitty are so sweet my teeth hurt!

That restaurant is Shennanigan's, and I've had quite enough of the bunny's and kitty's shennanigans.

Bunny an' kitty stuff all over the house ....... their toys ..... not that other ...... (gigglin') poop stuff.

Knowin' the Quartermaster can take it ...... where ya been BUTTHEAD!!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

if you don't smile at this......you have no soul lol

Ah oh, I may have discovered the problem ...I may just not have a soul ...or maybe I am just at work. Make that weeeeeerk.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Ah oh, I may have discovered the problem ...I may just not have a soul ..

I heard that you can get them really cheap offa E-Bay.......... :blink:

soul food ...soul music ...seoul korea ...soul search ...soul mate ...body & soul ...heart and soul ...soul survivor ...simple soul ...foot sole ...sole survivor ...sole proprietorship ...fillet of sole ...leather sole ...sole right ...Kia Soul ...Soul Asylum ...classic soul ...immortal soul ...David Soul ...Soul Train ...soul comfort ...soul sister ...soul brother ...Colective Soul ...Soul Assassins ...soul matrix ...HMMM ...can't find a single, single soul.

pet peeve ...someone who repeatedly reads to me from their book or paper while I am attempting to reading something else.

I think it's kind of sad for some people who grow up and forget the wonder of being a kid. I hope I never lose that magic....

Ok, I'll take a certain amount of indirect abuse as my due for stating my views (which I originally thought were in sympathy with Ransom's original post, but a re-read suggests they are not quite), but implying that I grew up is throwing the gauntlet. Pistols at dawn on the beach! (Right after I check and see what has been posted in my Random Rabbits thread.)

:blink:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL Well Mission I may have taken you up on that if I had meant you. 8Grins* But perhaps I should have clarified..For thinking outside the box..my co-workers have no imagination. Everything is black and white with no shades of gray..they have no creativity other than to do what has been done and not raise the bar to discover just how far you can go with ideas.

As for the Growing up part...Again Co-workers who think Im crazy and or silly because I like to have fun, and push the envelope. To do diffrent things, to be creative and explore. To keep an open mind to any and all possibilities. Ok most of them..My rant has nothing to do with anyone here and even if it did I would NEVER name names...So sorry Mission maybe next time we can duel over something else..but this was not directed at you so Im very sorry I did not clarify and hope you can forgive me for not making it clear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Well, Syren, if you think they look at you strange for playing at YOUR age, wait until you see the kind of looks you get when you get to be MY age. Then they really start scratching their heads, and wondering if it isn't time to "Put you away." :blink:

I just laugh, and keep on playing... :D I NEVER want to reach a point where I start telling myself I'm too old to do something!

So, in that mode, another petty annoyance:

Boring people who keep telling you to, "Act Your Age!" :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I am debating if I am blind or lucky ...or maybe it just doesn't matter. I can't say that I have met anyone who thinks my pyrating is silly or weird. Mostly I get "cool" or "Oh? How do I do that?" I'm thinking I just don't pay attention to the nay sayers and most of my colleague are too polite to tell me I am crazy to my face. Besides, I have a cutlass. LOL

"Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?"

How did YOU get into the Team Disney building?? :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I can't say that I have met anyone who thinks my pyrating is silly or weird.

There was an interesting discussion about pyrates recently on a reenacting board. It opened my mind to the idea that some people could find this hobby offensive; somewhat similarly I suppose to how I would react to a group of people playing at being SS partying after a day at the camps. Still, I think that's the rare occasion.

Edited by Quartermaster James

I can't say that I have met anyone who thinks my pyrating is silly or weird.

There was an interesting discussion about pyrates recently on a reenacting board. It opened my mind to the idea that some people could find this hobby offensive; somewhat similarly I suppose to how I would react to a group of people playing at being SS partying after a day at the camps. Still, I think that's the rare occasion.

Offensive??

To kidnap and ravage and not give a hoot? :blink:

Explain some people to me, will ya? :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I am not a pirate. My character owns an ordinary. I harbor criminals and heroes on all sides of history. I think that pirates in reality are very offensive. I think that playing pyrate is not so offensive.

Holywood pyrates are not offensive.

Period correct re-enactors who potray pirates should be considered offensive but how can you potray real pirates and not break current laws? Theatre. People can suspend disbelief when they know it is not real. Thus the catch 22 of it all.

"Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis?"

How did YOU get into the Team Disney building?? :blink:

Hey, I do skill and motivational trainings for fun. (Why yes...I'd love to fly to California or Florida.) :D

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I didn't mean to imply that people thought what I was doing was offensive. They just think it's weird. To them, it makes no sense for a gown woman to play around dressed like a pirate. It's more a case of they just "don't get it" than it offending them.

Hasn't ever stopped me from playing yet. :blink:

As for all the paranormal stuff...I try to keep an open mind. Things we take for granted now, in past times were considered witchcraft or magic. A few hundred years down the road, who knows what the human brain will be able to pick up on?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Today I lazily used the wrong ID on the wrong on-line board and inadvertantly 'outed' myself to someone I'd rather not have know about that particular alias. Within moments, I had a "friend request" from him for that ID.

Oh, bugger! :blink:

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Boring people who keep telling you to, "Act Your Age!"

Wot.... this is exactly what PATT does at 50.....

So i'm acting my age......

I'd still rather "die when I'm living than live when I'm dead......"

But I ain't planning on dying anytime soon..... I'm having way to much fun......

I saw a group/clutch/gaggle.... of 40 year old women (not that there is anything wrong with 40 year old women).... but alla them were acting older than me.... (and they looked it.. :P ) I guess they all had decided that they were old.... self fullfilling prophesy or what?

I suspect you would be hard-pressed to accuse anyone who dresses up as a pirate of having "grown up." :huh:

Pirate%202%20Boys.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

Today I lazily used the wrong ID on the wrong on-line board and inadvertantly 'outed' myself to someone I'd rather not have know about that particular alias. Within moments, I had a "friend request" from him for that ID.

Oh, bugger! :huh:

Oh Gods, don't you HATE that! :huh: Been there and done it!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So, do you think that maybe the people who tell you to act your age, are really jealous, because they don't have either the guts, or they're so worried what other people/family might think, that they can't let themselves go? I had someone tell me, "I wish I was as passionate about something as you are with the pyrate thing. It just sounds like so much fun." I told her, heck, join up. The more the merrier. But she shook her head and said, "I'm too lazy." So she plays golf instead.

Golf! When she could be out having fun, firing cannons, and drinking rum. Go figure. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg