Lucky Penny's Housewarming Party

So Saturday, Lucky gets to move officially into her new apartment! The process of finding and acquiring said place (amongst other real life manure) is part of the reason why Lucky's been away from the Pub a bit more than she'd like...but come the end of the week, things are gonna finally get back to NORMAL! ;);)

Er...well..sort of!

No, it doesn't float on water, as much as that would please this pirate miss. However, it's a lovely place...high ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, fresh paint and appliances that are in healthy shape and NOT PINK!

(have I mentioned that my old place has a pink stove?)

T'is a fine home to be sure, for one that is on land. The cable car stops at the end of the street, and runs quickly to my place of occupation and several places of interest. The neighborhood is fairly decent, not perfect, but safer than places several blocks away. Grocery store the next block over, a liquor store at one end of the street, laundrymat and bar on the other end (and we all know that at least two of those are important to a pirate!), and a Blockbuster another block down.

No kitties or puppies allowed, but fish are acceptable, and I am hoping that I can sometime travel and get a few of those infamous GloFish as a housewarming gift. At very least, I will start looking for a tank that I can make all piratey in the near future.

So...er..yah! Come in and stay a while! At least in the virtual version you don't have to remove your shoes (the real version has white-painted floors...)...

;)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on your new abode (even if it doesn't float)!

May you enjoy it fully!

The Gates of Hell are flung open.....

from the firey mist steps forth....The Legend....

The woman everyone warned you about....

They didn't exaggerate!

~~SAVE THE ROYALISTE~~

The alcohol doesn't have to match my floors, luv. *giggle!*

And yes, still wanna keep me beanbag. It can go in the closet when I'm going nuts on sewin'.

One of the joys of the new place is that the living area will be little more than my desk, where my computer will be, and my TV..all of which will be on one side of the room. The only furnishing on the other side will be the shelvy thing built to the wall on the other side. I plan on keeping this space as an "all purpose" area. It'll have my table and sewing things when I'm sewing, an air mattress for when company sleeps over or if I feel like being comfy in front of the TV, or maybe even a game of Twister.

*snicker* Pirates. Playin' Twister. That's jus' wrong, mates.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Congratulations on your new abode (even if it doesn't float)!

May you enjoy it fully!

That is the plan! :D

All mine, all my own...my precioussssssssssss...

Did we mention close enough to work to where I can go there for short trips on lunch? ;)

:)

Aye Lucky Penny ya gotta very awesome soundin abode into which yar goin. May it keep ya safe from the gails and offer ya a place in which ya can set your course for new life's adventures and treasures to come.

Ya just gotta throw a good housewarmin with yer maties and neighboring dwellers.

Here's to ya! ;)

Twister with Pirates? Maybe make up some PIRATE RULES ta have more fun!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

:)

Aye Lucky Penny ya gotta very awesome soundin abode into which yar goin.  May it keep ya safe from the gails and offer ya a place in which ya can set your course for new life's adventures and treasures to come.

Ya just gotta throw a good housewarmin with yer maties and neighboring dwellers.

It be me plan...it may just be an open-housey sort of thing..people drop by, say hi, and go to whatever else they need to do.

I also considered, given the floors, to have it be a slipper party. Bring your oddest slippers! :)

Twister with Pirates?  Maybe make up some PIRATE RULES ta have more fun!

Oh of course. Pirate Twister wouldn't be Pirate Twister without pirate RULES :)

More like guidlines.. hadda be said..

and congrats Lucky, I hope all goes well and its the place of sweet dreams..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

You have to invite some pirates into a house warming party. Just make sure the lads and lasses don't make too many windows in yer walls.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Good luck on ye new drydock lass. May ye time there be fun and lively.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

An' check the cutlass' at th door!

Otherwise, alla them point-pricks from leanin' on 'em'll ruin the 'white floors'?

;):D:D

:D

Speakin' of which, certain sharp and pointies are officially in the new abode as we speak..

Along with the other sharp pointies of various persuasions. My new maintenance guy is gonna be quite curious as to what he's got moving into the building when he comes to light the pilot light....

Good luck with yer' new place. I also just moved, it be a good deal though...the house itself is ...well...a bit of a fixer-upper. The deal is, we help fix it and we bunk there for free :)

I figger that if I screw up the deal too bad I can just go and live on the Gazella Philadelphia down at Penn's Landing...where I also recieved the same offer...work for a bunk ;)

I lived in a place with an ex of mine who was in the SCA...our landlord thought we were out of our minds. Very little furnature but thousands of dollars worth of large steel pointy things :D

Speaking of which...I have been meanin' to complement you on yer' garb by the way, very nice !

-Billie-

Since the genetically altered glo-fish are thus far illegal in California, I think it would be the perfect fish for a pirate!

I can see it now...You'd have to smuggle the little fishy across the border with him flapping about under your hat, while the border patrol searches your car for contraband, fruit, plants and illegal aliens.

*Imagines Penny talking to a border patrol officer in shades, with her hat hopping inexplicably up and down on her head as she says "fishes? We don't need no stinking fishes!!!" * ;)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Aye, so when's this house heatin' party. Since when does good respectin' Pirates need hot houses? Never much unnerstood that particular logic.

Ye'll be enjoyin' yer' new digs, that be for sure Masochistic Penny. Is your 'ead doin' any better?

An' 'ow much you chargin' for admission to this house heatin' party anyways? Is it Bring yer' own matches?

Well wishes fer ye, lass. It be good t'have a place o'your own.

And the pets would clash with yer white floors. I know because I be havin' the messiest felines on the planet. They can't aim worth a darn. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Speaking of which...I have been meanin' to complement you on yer' garb by the way, very nice !

*chuckle* Well, I thank ya to be sure. Most of it'd made by me own little hands..not all of course, but most.

The jacket's my pride and joy I think..nicely beaten up, not hemmed at the bottom, which gives it a very mussed up look. I plan to make another one, but I won't be able to give this one up worth a damn...

Pirate Twister eh? That might be tough with a cutlass!!

Difficult, dangerous, but since when did that matter! :) We do practically everything else with our weapons.

*ohdear. I just went there. LOOOVELY....*

*Imagines Penny talking to a border patrol officer in shades, with her hat hopping inexplicably up and down on her head as she says "fishes? We don't need no stinking fishes!!!" * :ph34r:

The other possibility is to stuff my bra with the little plastic baggie containing the fishies..

"My breasts are not lopsided, they do not glow in the dark, and the only reason they would be moving is if there was an earthquake."

*/deadpan*

BTW: Thank all of you for the well wishies :ph34r: And Pete, I'm not sure when there will be a housewarmer yet. Sometime in January perhaps. After I have removed a few of the boxes and such.

Just start shopping for slippers :)