Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun...............

I finaly found out what APO and FPO stand for......

APO=Army Post Office

FPO=Fleet Post office

When I was in Korea, everything went APO, I thought FPO was for stuff going to Europe..... turns out that is what the Navy uses....

Cool.... now I know......

Still laying in wait for my next victim :huh:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I recieved Carter's book yesterday.

My new sketchbook was sent to Patrick via priority mail about two hours ago.

You really can turn this into an expensive project if you let yourself. I've been buying lots of scrapbook paper and booze (for their labels of course..... :lol: ).

I am eagerly, and not-so-patiently waiting for Eye's book to arrive. It's been two months since I've had a book to work on, and I'm feeling left out! :lol:

And Rogue Mermaid, any sacrifice for your art is a worth it! :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You really can turn this into an expensive project if you let yourself. I've been buying lots of ... booze (for their labels of course..... :rolleyes: ).

Copycat...

:lol:B):huh:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I am eagerly, and not-so-patiently waiting for Eye's book to arrive. It's been two months since I've had a book to work on, and I'm feeling left out! :rolleyes:

It's coming, I'm so sorry. I've got delivery conformation on it so I can keep an eye on it. For some odd reason I feel better when I can keep a watch on the package's progress.

You really can turn this into an expensive project if you let yourself.  I've been buying lots of ... booze (for their labels of course..... :rolleyes: ).

Copycat...

:lol:B):huh:

It's the most sincerest form of flattery. :huh:

I must admit, I took inspiration from your labels - but I've done it differently, you'll see :huh:

It's ok.... Skull pyrate Carter ....No worries mate...

Oderlesseye taps foot! :lol:

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

I recieved Eye's Big Black Book, today. Finally, I get to play in someone's book — booohahahaha! :lol::lol:

And Rogue Mermaid, thank you for the little gift. Too cute! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Wish I were playing but ...I know that you are all better off without me for this round. Just too unorganized and overwhelmed. However ...I would love to see some of the things that are being done.

Now, I didn't make any record of the things I did for others in the last round. Could the participants from last time send me some some scans and or photos of my work?

Thanks.

Recieved Patrick Hands book today... <_<

Noquarter2copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, first, this is a heads up for Patrick. Eye's BBB (Big Black Book) will be heading your way on Friday. As everyone else who's had it has commented, it's a whopper!

Second, this is a spoiler alert for Eyes. I'm posting a picture I just finished for his book, so Eyes, no peeking! (Yeah, right. Like he's not going to look. :lol: )

I'm really facinated by the navagational chart in AWE. So, I decided to attempt to make my version of it for Eye's book. It turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd post a picture of it. Since it did turn out rather nice, I've decided to do a different version for each book, using different colors, symbols, etc.

All the sections turn, including the small ship in the middle, which kinda acts like a pointer to where you want to go. The blue top circle is not part of the blue background behind the chart, but a seperate piece, sitting on top of the other two circles. When you line up the symbols, there is a secret message for Eyes.

100_1434.jpg

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

All the sections turn, including the small ship in the middle, which kinda acts like a pointer to where you want to go. The blue top circle is not part of the blue background behind the chart, but a seperate piece, sitting on top of the other two circles. When you line up the symbols, there is a secret message for Eyes.

Ransom..Honey ye way out did yar self! I can't wait to break the Code! LoL

Here is something for Patrick no one else has yet...

I call it "The Pursuit"

his book is complete and will be on tyme to Pew.

ThePursuitofMahve.jpg

Noquarter2copy.jpg

I just checked the list... Other than not hearing anything from Black Mab and GOF, I think all other sketchboocks are accounted for...

Black Mab did send Ransom's to Skull Pyrate Carter, but didn't post if she recieved GoF's...

GoF and Ransom didn't have anything to send last month...

Tenitive shipping list for Febuary....

Pew ..............................will ship Black Mab's to Rogue Mermaid

Rogue Mermaid ............will ship Skull pyrate Carter's to Ransom

Ransom..........................will ship Oderlesseye's to Patrick Hand

Patrick Hand..................will ship Rogue Mermaid's new Sketchbook to GOF

GOF................................( whoever's sketchbook GoF has will be shipped to Black Mab....)

Black Mab......................will ship GOF to Skull pyrate Carter

Skull pyrate Carter.......will ship Ransom's to Oderlesseye

Oderlesseye...................will ship Patrick Hand's to Pew

Ransom..Honey ye way out did yar self! I can't wait to break the Code! LoL

:lol: Weel, don't get too excited. I guess I shouldn't have used the word "message." Basically, it's just three words you can't read until the symbols are lined up. Nice job on "The Pursuit!"

And Rogue Mermaid, remember not to mail my next book until later in February. I will be gone from Feb 4th to Feb 22nd, and the post office is holding all our mail until we get back. I don't want the book to sit there for all that time, and risk something happening to it. Maybe mail it around the 21st so that it will arrive after I get home. It might be a bit late getting to Patrick in March, but not too late, I hope. :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg