Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye no worries Pew ..Eye posted in a bit'o fury ..

It twas sent to the correct address ya gave me...

Patrick..ease up on the reigns..This group is

sure to come thru..and as fer myself..

I had a previous plans/and a commitment to be on the Star of India

on Holloween..in full regailia.. not at a post office. B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Patrick, even though he hasn't checked in lately, GoF did ask me for my address, so he's still in.

TO KEEP TRACK OF THE BOOKS, PLEASE POST WHEN YOU MAIL A BOOK OFF, THEN RECEIVE ONE IN THE MAIL. THAT WAY WE CAN TELL HOW LONG IT TAKES SNAIL MAIL TO DELIVER TO THE DIFFERENT AREAS, AND IT WILL BE A HEADS UP IF ONE OF THE BOOKS GOES MISSING — BUT LET'S HOPE NONE OF THEM DO!!!

BTW, kinda late post for this, but did you all put your name on your book somewhere? That also helps keep track of whose book is where in the rotation ( although I'd know Eye's and Patrick's books anywhere B) )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I have recieved Skull Pirate Carters kewl book today....

Ransom..me book is blank but can be identified by a note to user included. Eye did not take time to put my own art in it....I did this so that way when every one else gets their own book back , they will see some new stuff for the first time..

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Patrick..ease up on the reigns..This group is

sure to come thru..

Not pickin on you.....but there are some "breaks in the "chain"....."

And I'm trying to fix them.....

For example.... I PM'ed caskitchris a week ago to get his address.... so far I haven't gotten a reply...OK.. so I PM'ed Mab.... she's next in line..... turns out the person below her hasn't sent thier address either....

Without the adresses to send the sketchbooks to... we will be kinda slowed down.....

SO... If casketchris don't send me his addres by Monday.. I will have to boot him offa the list... (Yah... ain't cool... but dang.... ) then send my sketchbook to Mab......

And (well I can look it up.....) but if the person below Mab don't reply... they gotta go offa the list also.....

Dang.... I don't wanna be a hard-ass or nothing.... but I want this to work...

SNOT.... this is supost to be fun....

Once it all gets ironed out it will be.....

(Oh yah.... and how to handle the Hollydays...... I kinda got that figured out.... but will post and see if everyone agrees with it........)

Still got to get it working first.............

Rogue Mermaid I recieved your book this morning! Very nice. My doggie spent 20 minutes sniffing the envelope...hmm

GOF your will go out by mid week. I've been working midnights, but now I'm off.

whee!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

In Patrick's defence, he's not being too harsh on you lot, he's just trying to keep things organized so that this project works. With this many players, if one person drags their feet and gets their book out late, it's like the domino effect — it screws up everyone down the line. This is something we discovered in the first round — big time — to the point where one book only made it to one person and then was sent back, so that person's book never even made the round.

I'm sure once the first jump is completed and everyone gets the hang of it, then things will smooth down. Just keep in mind that there are ten of us, all needing to get the books out on time, so that we can all get our books, chock full of very kewl artwork, back as soon as possible. :ph34r:

Trust me, this is FUN, but it only stays fun when everyone who made the committment to play keeps to the plan. :ph34r:

OKay, end of rant......... :ph34r:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

So how long do I get to hang on to any one sketch book..On that point Eye was not clear...

Patrick & Ransom..I acknowlege and understand.... your positions..

Noquarter2copy.jpg

I got Ransom's sketchbook yesterday (I think it actuly arrived on Friday... so it takes about three days for her book to get to me......)

Hopefully Caskitchris will reply to the PM, so I can send mine to him.... otherwise, I'll have to send it to Mab....

Is there anyone else on the list who dosen't have the address where to send thiers?

I also PM'ed Cap'n Pete Straw, to figure out if we can add him to the list.....

Rogue Mermaid I recieved your book this morning! Very nice. My doggie spent 20 minutes sniffing the envelope...hmm

GOF your will go out by mid week. I've been working midnights, but now I'm off.

whee!

Excellent! I was just about to check my delivery conformation online. I'm glad your pup likes it :lol:

I don't have Pew's book yet, but he said he sent it and we're in the same smallish state, so, I'm willing to bet it will be in the mail as soon as I get home. :lol:

I will have to go back through the list and see who has recieved a sketchbook.....

casketchriss hasn't returned my PM for his address... so I think I will send mine to Black Mab tomarrow........

Anyone else in the loop that hasen't got the adresss where to send thiers, let me know.........

I'm thinking that with the Holydays coming up next month, that it may be a good idea to fix any breaks in the loop, and see if we can insert Cap'n Pete Straw in....

SO what if... instead of sending out the sketchbooks at the end of this month.... we send them out after Christmass ?

Don't wait untill the last minute to do your stuff.... but it would give me time to figure out where any "breaks" are, and maybe get everything running kinda-sorta smoothly...... :huh:

SO what if... instead of sending out the sketchbooks at the end of this month.... we send them out after Christmas ?

To be honest, I'd like to stay on the 30 day turn around if possible.

Holidays will give me more time to work on the project. ;)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Mine to Ransom has left the building. But Germany to Oregon aint going to be quick... each time. Please let me know when you get it.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I went through the List.... and it's not as bad as I thought....(hey... I was panicking...... ;) )

The names in Red have sent thier sketchbooks, and they have been recieved by the person below them on the list,

The names in Blue have sent thiers, but I couldn't find a post that said they have been recieved yet.

Pew

Rogue Mermaid

Red Cat Jenny

GOF

Ransom

Patrick Hand

*casketchris

Black Mab

Skull pyrate Carter

Oderlesseye

I'm sending my sketchbook to Black Mab today, I never recieved casketchris's address......So I might have to drop him from the list......

Red Cat Jenny, have youu sent yours out yet?

And Black Mab, are you sending yours, or personaly delivering it?

SO what if... instead of sending out the sketchbooks at the end of this month.... we send them out after Christmas ?

To be honest, I'd like to stay on the 30 day turn around if possible.

Holidays will give me more time to work on the project. :lol:

I'd prefer to stay on the 30/31 day turnaround as well. I don't think the holidays will make that big a difference, and the chances of the books getting mislaid — stepped on, coffee spilled on, dog chewed, etc. — go up the longer they hang around someone's house. It may mean a few January books get out late, but we're already running a week late as it is, so I don't think that will be a big deal.

However, that said, I will abide by the group's decision. :huh:

SILKIE, PLEASE SAY YOU HAVE MAILED MY FIRST BOOK BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

iwantmybook....iwantmybook....iwantmybook....... :huh:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

stay the course. 30/31

Noquarter2copy.jpg

OK... most people wanna keep sending the sketchbooks out at the end of the month.... so we will keep it that way..... cool.....

OK... another problem.... casketchriss sent me his addres today.... unfortunatly... I just sent my sketchboot to black Mab this afternoon....

If Mab hasen't sent her's out... I can figure out how to work this... otherwiise... I'm kinda confused about wot to do......

Any sugestions.......

Not trying to be a hard ass about this, but CasketChris knew the time table, and didn't respond to your PMs for six days. Doesn't sound like he's all that interested. Since you've already sent your book to Mab, I'd say he's a day late and a dollar short.

We've both said from the beginning — if everyone doesn't follow the plan, and the time table, then this doesn't work, and it screws it for everyone.

It's like I said in the first round. I can give a heads up when the rounds start, I can lay down the rules and the time frame, and we can all post when we mail/receive the books, but I can't babysit you all. Neither can Patrick.

I'm sorry CasketChris took so long to check in and may miss this round. If there is another, he can catch it then. Or, Patrick may decide to work something out. But this is an example of how this fun project can go down the tubes if we don't all try to stick to the plan.

End of rant... <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Well I'm kinda peaved.... this shoulda been snot simple......

I didn' t get a reply untill today.. but by that time I already sent my sketchbook out to the next person in line (Black Mab).......

But I wanna keep things fun.... and heck it is fun once we get it working.....

SO....

I sent my sketchbook to Mab.... if she hasn't sent her's out yet.... then we can fit casketchris in..... otherwise..... awh heck....

Those who fall behind get left behind.......

Snot.. I ain't th' Captain of this... just trying to get it to work... I'd rather be spendin my time doing something fun in Ransoms sketchbook than worying bout this snot......

So ... if anyone else can figure out how to make the "parts" work..... hcek post it... cause.... I can't figure it out.....

Do I "dump" caskitchriss, because he was too late... or how can we fit him back in....... I don't know....

any sujjestions are welcome....

Just leave casketchris out for this month.

Insert him in at the end of November. This can be his "bye" month. Since Mab already has yours Patrick, just send him Ransom's (the next in line) instead of sending it to Mab. That will keep the group rotation as is, and casketchris will still be able to participate, (just a month later).

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."