Round two of Pyrate Sketchbooks

Patrick Hand

Please, GoF, PM her and find out when or if she mailed it.

Just a suggestion to you all. If a book hasn't shown up within a reasonable time, then don't keep waiting and wondering where it is. PM the person ahead of you and find out. Sometimes books take longer to travel than we think, but other times, the artist has procrastinated too long, and needs a "push."

With this many players, we all have to keep to the schedule, or it's really going to mess things up.

So, everybody, please check in — do you have the book you're suppose to? Are you almost finished doing your artwork?

NEXT JUMP IS DEC 1. ARE YOUR BOOKS READY?

BTW, I bumped up Patrick's "Pirate Girl Comic" in Pirate Pop, so you could see examples of the work Patrick and I did in the first round books (someone had asked me to share :D )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is thare a revised list of whose in/out or adds ? Hate to send out to the wrong person..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I fear until a few get back from PIP, we won't know for sure. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Skull Pirate Carters book is in tha mail to Pew.

Awaiting the infamous :huh: Black Mabs sketch book now....

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Just a heads up.... I pm'd Red Cat Jenny with no response so far (its been a few days).

Still no sketchbook.

GOF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Ransom/ Patrick/or next in charge of the sketchbooks: Can we set a size limit on the sketchbooks?

I just sent out Oderlesseye's book to Rogue Mermaid.... $15.00 to mail it 60 miles away..... :huh::huh:

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

It cost me $7.00 or $8.00 to my recolection to send it to ya .. Eye Pm'ed

Pew to work it out..

If there is a problem for anyone else i will need to see a reciept first, then I will help if requested.. Eye had no idea this would be a burden

to anyone.. I apologize up front for any inconvienence...

Is Black Mabs book on it's way?

Noquarter2copy.jpg

I'll be sending GoF's book to Patrick on Wednesday.

I think Red Cat was at PIP, so that might be why she hasn't replied to your PM's GoF. I sent her one as well, and have not heard from her either. This puts you and me behind a bit, but if you get the book within the next week, and we both hussle, we can have it done by the next jump. If you don't get it, then we have a problem, and will deal with it.

As for the size of the books, yes, mailing costs are an issue, especially as the books tend to get heavier as more artwork is added. In the first round, I suggested keeping them in the 8" x 10" or so range, because you could slip them in a mailing envelope to keep the cost down. Sounds like Eyes doesn't have a book, he has a tome! ;)

REMEMBER, IF YOU DON'T GET A BOOK WITHIN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME, PM THE PERSON AHEAD OF YOU TO FIND OUT WHERE IT IS. DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT YOU DON'T HAVE IT YET. THANKS!!!

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I just recieved Eye's from PEW yesterday. It's a big one! I had no idea what was in the package until I opened it! ;)

Aye. 'Tis a big 'un. Surprise!!!

I recieved Carter's last night from Eye. Page 1- complete.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

I'm getting Pat's in the mail today, too, Carter so you should have it in a couple days.

Ugh. It's been a horrendous month for my artistic muse. Hope December will be better.

Yeah, my muse took a bit of a vacation as well. I wasn't sure what to do, but I'm sure you'll enjoy.

I received Patrick Hand's book today. I love it.

:D

No, I hadn't received my original sketchbook back from Silkie in time, so I made a new one.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Recieved Black MAbs today...

Noquarter2copy.jpg

I got back from PiP and the Baseball Winter Meating (work) late last night.... I sent Ransoms off befor I left....

I'll go through the list and figure out "where we are" as far as sketchbooks out and recieved.... if you haven't posted (or sent out last months sketchbook) let me know.......

(I haven't been to the post office yet..... so I don't know if I've recieved anything yet..........)

We should post when we send out the sketchbooks, and when we recieve one, so we can figure out if there is any problem, and also... how long shipping takes.....

GoF's book went out to Patrick yesterday.

To my knowedge, GoF has yet to receive Red Cat's book, therefore, he and I are already a month behind. :huh:

Both GoF and I have PMed RC, but so far, no reply.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

The names in Red have sent sketchbooks, and they have been recieved by the person below them on the list,

The names in Blue have sent sketchbooks, but I couldn't confirm if they have been recieved yet.

THE LIST...... for the second phase of the sketchbooks.....

Pew

Rogue Mermaid

Red Cat Jenny

GOF

Ransom

Patrick Hand

casketchris

Black Mab

Skull pyrate Carter

Oderlesseye

I should be recieving GoF's today or on Monday.

GoF dosen't have Red Cat Jenny's, so he can't send anything.

Casketchris hasn't posted anything, so I don't know if he has sent or recieved anything yet.

Guess I'll send some PMs........

Patrick, FYI, I PMed Casketchris a few days ago, and he said he is still in, and has a book ready to send out. But you might want to touch bases with him anyway.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey all. I have been away. Just got back myself.

Pew's book just arrived this AM. It will go out next week.

Rogue Mermaid's is in the mail to GOF.

GOF just PM'd me while I was away that he had never recieved my book. I have made a second and it's going out tomorrow to him express.

Patrick I PMd you as well.

PS - I have been taking pics of the work and if it's ok with you all..Ill post some.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Casketchris and I have been in contact over PM, since he's supposed to send his book to me.

He is running behind and has not yet sent it out.

I'm sorry, but I'm an extremely sloooooooow artist. My contribution is going to be sparse, at best.

I will also be in Colorado from December 20 - 31, so if I don't receive it before then I will just mail it to the next person in the queue (in this case, Carter) without any work from me. Sorry ;)

I sent Pat's book on to Carter three days ago. I think Carter said it has arrived (I hope)?

Avast, ye scurvy dog!