Pirates for game...

Redd Oktober

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could any of you do me a favor, and tell me if ye would be interested in playin' an interactive Pirate game like this....how about if it were POTC related? Would ye be interested in a syndeecated television show?

Definitely I'd be interested, Redd. I'd think there'll be demand for a game like that, and a show (!), especially as there will be sequels to POTC to keep the public's attention on piracy...

Keep me posted, mate! I'm up for the casting call!

Also, if ya needs any art, let me know!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Arrrr. So nice ter know that thar be more of us arrrrrt pirates out there.

I jus might take ye up on yer offer, thar Nigel.

Thundering Gurkins! Since I been promoted...I've been pressin' a crew, and I'm truly going ter be Captain of me own rabble! I be sketchin' away tryin' ter get this project underway...it's just a matter of showing the Commodores above me that this be a fyne enterprise...this bein' the holidays complicates matters though.

Come January...(*whistles*) ...batten down the hatches and poke me blue eye and call me "Nancy"...twill be a busy...BUSY year fer Capn' Redd.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Of course I'd be interested in a fine game or TV show. Some syndicated shows are better than others, although I can't imagine a pirate TV show being bad.

And as fer a casting call, I live in milwaukee, but there ain't a whole lot keeping me there, and I've got a lot of scars. That might lend a bit of authenticity....

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

Me superiors be interested in producing a game...but they want ter see a demo on the cheap. So...I know this is a lot ter ask...but it might be fun. I need to prove the gameplay aspect of this project by actually producing a small demo.

The most I could pay participants at this point is 1. Exposure, 2. Free Food and Drink. HOWEVER...if this project goes forward, anyone participating would be on the top of the list for workin' on the project (for pay). So...I realize it's sorta askin' people ter work for free...but I thought I'd put my little feeler's out there for a level of interest.

My apologies for many of you East Coast pirates out there for tempting you with this project...put your input is always welcomed!

More later...

-Redd

REDD.jpg

I'd like t' help in any way I can offer me services.

Keep me posted, mate!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I wasn'a sure from your posts, but if this is being done in the SF Bay area I'd be up for it. Any excuse to dress up and act pyratical is OK with me, and did I hear ya say free DRINK?

My comely lass AkashaZuul will probly tail along, as wench or pirate as the mood hits her. :ph34r:

Blimey, locked in the Great Lakes. But if ye need help with project plans, ads, and voice over stuff that can be done at a distance for ye demo pilot- be glad to help ye where I be useful.

Me thinks ye asked about interactive and syndicated tv show. If done well, ye could have something in both- also me'haps a sort online RPG-like game may be something to look into- something that could bring more attention to ye "forefront" project.

Redd, I be a far piece south o'ye but I can draw a quill across parchment with the best o'them. I been scriptin' and storyboardin' since the 1980s.

Sos if yer willin' t'give this Captain a chance, I'd love t'help ye with yer demo. Course the gamers 'round here think anyone over 25 cain't do this kind o'work - and me havin' me degree in interactive media. Hmph.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrr...thank ye...I'm negotiatin' with some strangers...and some mutual piratical friends...The prospect of a demo is lookin' better and better. So stay tuned.

We're so close I can taste the gunpower in me mouth already.

-Redd

REDD.jpg

Alrighty! Redd has been promisin' ye all an update...and now yer gonna get one!!

The game is now entering what we call "Demo Phase"...i.e., do our best to make a short, sweet, and downright COOL demonstration of what the game is going to be like. After that, we enter into more negotiations...we get a yay or nay from the salts with all the money...and then (if all goes well) we're on the road to production!

I literally just had lunch with The Royaliste (thanks again, Gary!) and he sounded like he was up for helping out.

SO! Here's the deal...just to keep things official.

I will be announcing the "official" filming days soon, but I need serious messages of intent. Here's what we're lookin' for.

1. ACTORS - Big one (and the quickest one to fill)

2. MAKE-UP/COSTUME ARTISTS - Make-up is the biggest one here, as Actors for the demo are pretty much going to have to supply their own outfits (or known someone who can they can borrow one from). Anyone with a cache of weapons and costumes... :( ...would also be appreciated.

3. LOCATION CREW - This includes Productions Assistants, Lighting, etc...No experience necessary (we're going to be producing this demo on an EXTREMELY small budget...so lights are probably going to be either borrowed from friends, or just be clip lights from Home Depot....). But, if you're willing and able to help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. If you DO have film experience...PLEASE help, we can use all of it that we can get.

4. PROP PEOPLE - Have a historically accurate prop (barrel..rope...nets...whatever), and live near the San Francisco Bay Area? Can we borrow said prop for a weekend?

So...Now you might be asking yourself, "Redd, what's in it for me?"

I'll be honest...even I'm not getting much in the way of monetary payment on this...until we get corporate backing, we're going to have to consider this a high profile Fan Film. HOWEVER...there are perks. I cannot pay anyone with $$$ but I'm working on the following as possibilities (when I announce the schedule, I'll confirm what the exact perks are)...

1. FOOD - This is a big one, that will more than likely happen. I want to make sure that everyone is well fed while on my crew.

2. SCREEN CREDIT ON DEMO - This demo is going to be shown to people in Hollywood as well as in the game industry...Need a screen credit for your POTC2 audition...maybe this can help?

3. CREW T-SHIRTS: Iffiest of the bunch...but I'll let you know.

4. FUN, FUN FUN!!!

SO!

If you're live near (or have a way of getting out to) the San Francisco Bay Area, and you would like to help...he's how we'll do it.

Just to keep things official...

ACTORS: Email me a photo of yourself (or two-one as a pirate, another RECENT photo in your civilian gear) to : peterjo@digitaleclipse.com. Also...if you have an acting resume, please send that too. Anyone else, please tell me what kind of specific ways you'd like to help out with...so that way I don't have 15 people who want to work sound for me :( . You can contact me through the same email. If you have examples of costumes, make-up, etc. please send them (or links) too, please.

In the immortal words of Captain Barbosa:

"GENTS... TAKE A WALK!!"

REDD.jpg

I forgot to mention this...but it IS important.

ACTORS: You will be contacted for "screen tests" after we get your letter of intent. If you live in the Bay Area...we will make arrangements that suit your schedule. If you are outside the Bay Area...but are thinking of participating..send your stuff too, and we'll work out a way to see your stuff in action!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

:(:(:(;);)

Red, Larry (Capt. Jack) told me of your new adventure. I have done theatrical make-up and have some make-up as well as access to more. I have theactrical stage experience with props, sets any job needed to present a theactrical production. I am willing to do any assisting work you have and am good at script continuity. Also can run lines. What ever ya want when ever ya want.

;););););)

Here's to a fantastic project.

Okay...one last thing.

Potential Actors...here's a list of what we're lookin' for:

FEMALE PIRATE CAPTAIN: Able to pass for mid 30's. This is the main character of the film (our Jane Sparrow, if you will). Character is returning to her ship after being on the run from the British Navy for some time. Crew has given her up for dead, so she must convince them of her identity. Strong but good-humored, witty. Born leader.

MALE FIRST MATE: Able to pass for 30-40ish. Drunken rogue who has taken charge of above character's ship. Has seen better days. Uses ship and former captain's legend to acquire drink and women. Will be recovering from a nasty binge during most of the scenes we'll be filming.

FEMALE NAVIGATOR: 20-30ish. Character is smart, but permanently shell-shocked...so she's a little loony. Talks to a hideous-looking doll. Born navigator, as she has a tendency to constantly face North.

MALE CREW MEMBER: 20-50ish. Ship's bruiser. Must be large in build, and can look mean in appearance. Character has a soft, inner nature to him, though.

FEMALE CREW MEMBER: Able to pass for 20-30ish. Last vestige of sanity aboard the ship. Even-headed crew member that has secret kept the ship and her crew together since Pirate Captain's departure.

2 FEMALE "FALLEN LADIES": 20-30ish. These two are sultry, bawdy wenches who have found their way below deck with the First Mate the night before. Must be prepared to look "unkempt" from a long night of debauchery (but absolutely no nudity). (Think Scarlet in POTC)

EXTRAS: 5-10 total, 18+ yrs old. Male and Female. Rough, nasty sea salts and wenches. Think citizens of Tortuga in POTC, lots of laughing, fighting, drinking and going about daily port life.

I can't really go too much more into this until I have recieved your letters of interest. When I hear from you, I'll send you a Non-Disclosure Agreement and I'll be able to tell you more about what we're doing.

If any of you know of someone who might be into doing a little acting, but isn't hooked up on The Pub, please relay the information to them. Thanks!

:lol:

-REDD

REDD.jpg

Grrrr...

Why must this always be happenin' on th' coast I be farthest from.... :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

It took an email from Redd and a phone call with Gary to clue me in that this was going on, but I'm finally in the loop.

Redd, I'll email out the above info to Tales of the Seven Seas. Sorry I didn't catch onto this sooner.

Oh good! Glad yer in the know, now. I emailed Redd to make sure he got in contact with ye.

Interestin' call fer "female" captain and crew, Redd. D'you think them gamers are gonna want t'play from a female point of view?

But, then again, Tomb Raider be a BIG hit wif the 18-24 year olds. :lol:

Be this demo like a "Wing Commander" wif live action?

I be sorry I can't help out; I've done many a training video shoot with all the same elements (lighting/sets/"actors"). Course my ships were F-14s and Apache helicopters.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Interestin' call fer "female" captain and crew, Redd. D'you think them gamers are gonna want t'play from a female point of view?

But, then again, Tomb Raider be a BIG hit wif the 18-24 year olds. :lol: .

Speakin' of me other "occupation"...

larachris-2.jpg

I still have much o' me stuff from this...but I want a better costume. I'm considerin' somethin' from th' Cradle o' Life movie....

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Ouchy! That knee looks painful, Penny! Cool pic!

We're trying to be diverse with a lot of our properties these days...I think the caucasian male main hero has seen enough action, don't you? And yes, some of the gameplay elements will be a lot like Wing Commander 3 (with a rapdily aging Mark Hamill and Biff from Back to the Future...oy!).

REDD.jpg