Getting tentage ready for PIP

callenish gunner

Right then...I'm done!

Hey Sterling, Wasn't trying to be too bitchy or anything... although that generally is my personality and I never have acquired this thing called tact.... It also wasn't aimed at you or this particular portion of the topic...

Oi Diosa and that wasn't aimed at ye either... just tis time to make a phone call and cut out all the middle (wo)men... becoming a game of telephone as always... Like I said, I lived in the camp last year, in the exact spot that is singled out on the photo and there is no way in hell that all the crews are going to fit in that same spot...unless they have knocked down all the trees and flattened the grounds... as it was we were sleeping on an angle and we had a river run through the center of the tent, flooding everything because of the angle... if the rain had continued the fire pit area would have been under water... no way a tent can go there...

None of us camped on the actual beach so that was open to the beach folks all day/all weekend so that isn't a problem.... but if the three crews are now being all crammed into the one spot the Archangel crew had last year, its not only going to be tight, tis going to be impossible... so I made a phone call... I will be getting an answer tonight.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, the image is just a guide to show you where stuff will be placed. We will make sure all who will set up historic encampments will have enough space. The encampments will essentially be in the same general areas as last year. I am moving them a bit closer to the shipping channel and the beach.

Once Fantasy Fest here is over and done with, Quartermaster Nigel from the Bone Island Buccaneers and I will begin the process of marking off the area for the historic encampment. We will start that process this coming week.

Yes, there will be signage directing the public to your encampments and back to the fort.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Icall DIBS on the same 2 trees i had last year!?!?! :(

The snotties said they would save em for you since we're getting there earlier... now what if we find a nicer spot... still want them same trees then?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Woo hoo! We finally got our new tent all set up. Here's the photo:

tent1.jpg

And here's the view from our tent of the campsite we were at:

tent2.jpg

Just kidding - that's actually our yard... :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

That's a very cozy setup and a good shade tent against the sun. Are you pitching it on the parade grounds?

Ay, we are. Just in front of the far casement. It will be 1/2 the jewelry shop and 1/2 serving herbal tea under the Tea & Tings Sign.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Nice looking tent Sir. Yard looks good too. The scene needs a few things; Rum barrels, empty onion bottles, etc.

Funny you mention that... If he had taken a shot of the yard a little to the right, there is a gazebo with rum barrels, onion bottles and the like as well as a few pirate flags flappin in the breeze :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Nice looking tent Sir. Yard looks good too. The scene needs a few things; Rum barrels, empty onion bottles, etc.

So true, so true. We will have a lot of accoutrements down there. There will be a small bar on the front set on crates for the tea service and perhaps a table. I added lanterns to the outside posts after the photo was taken.

I do love the yard. Everyone asks why we sited the house on the very front corner and the photo answers it nicely. We only had to remove five very small trees on the property to get the house in. We plan to eventually put an elevated wharf just to the right of where the tent is that leads out to the gazebo in the distance (if you look closely, there is a rum barrel marking the gazebo's corner just to the left of the tent pole) so you can walk from the deck we're building right out to it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

So true, so true. We will have a lot of accoutrements down there. There will be a small bar on the front set on crates for the tea service and perhaps a table. I added lanterns to the outside posts after the photo was taken.

I do love the yard. Everyone asks why we sited the house on the very front corner and the photo answers it nicely. We only had to remove five very small trees on the property to get the house in. We plan to eventually put an elevated wharf just to the right of where the tent is that leads out to the gazebo in the distance (if you look closely, there is a rum barrel marking the gazebo's corner just to the left of the tent pole) so you can walk from the deck we're building right out to it.

For anyone thinking of ordering a tent this is Track of the Wolf's Baker Lean To with a privacy fly added (it's rolled up in the photo). A nice rig and easy to pop up once you get the frame figured out. We cheated and used bolts to strengthen it... then rolled rope around the bolt areas to cover. Makes set up so much easier, too.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

We are making the last of the accoutrement's to go with our encampment (lantern hooks and table tops and a bit of garb)

organizing our kitchen kit and packing baskets...stocking up on candles, etc. ... making lists upon lists!!! to make sure we don't forget to purchase anything yet that might need to be purchased, parceling out herbs and spices and repacking foodstuffs into period looking containers ...the little details are always the most frustrating; lest we forget one of those things that make the trip a bit more comfortable :lol:

We are making the last of the accoutrement's to go with our encampment (lantern hooks and table tops and a bit of garb)

organizing our kitchen kit and packing baskets...stocking up on candles, etc. ... making lists upon lists!!! to make sure we don't forget to purchase anything yet that might need to be purchased, parceling out herbs and spices and repacking foodstuffs into period looking containers ...the little details are always the most frustrating; lest we forget one of those things that make the trip a bit more comfortable :lol:

long as both those Ham's git packed....Haimish and the country Ham

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Looking at the areal view, it looks like we have been moved ter war th' weadin' party some ....eeergh... well some dasterdly scoundrells was going ter crash was located....

Cool.... trees and a great view......

Well unless we only gots only two trees standin... an then Mr. Dog, Nigel , meself and a few others gotta make hammock bunkbed kinda arangements..... AND I AIN'T SLEEPIN UNDERNEETH MR. DOG....He wears dresses , an plays wit fire, ye knows wot they say 'bout bad doggies wot play wit fire..... he might wet his hammock...... :lol:

actually me thinks that Harry already mentioned that it just looks smaller cause he used a small square to mark off the area....the area shown on the Map was the same that just the archangel crewe covered last year....so of course...we wouldnt all fit there...unless you like the bunkhammock idea...i git top bunk...hehehe

so i think it safe to say...whatever room we had last year...is the same for this year...but there are supposedto be more folks this time....

so i call dibs on the same 3 trees i hgad last year...as long as they are still there ...of course :unsure:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

No Dogge, that's not how it works. You get the same trees as last year. You just have to find the ............. where ever in the world or Key West. they might be :unsure:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

organizing our kitchen kit and packing baskets...stocking up on candles, etc. ... making lists upon lists!!! to make sure we don't forget to purchase anything yet that might need to be purchased, parceling out herbs and spices and repacking foodstuffs into period looking containers ...the little details are always the most frustrating; lest we forget one of those things that make the trip a bit more comfortable :unsure:

long as both those Ham's git packed....Haimish and the country Ham

Animal... You're on watch... keep Dogge away from our hams or no rations for you... he seems to have a ham fixation....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com