The Great Loose Weight Thread

blackjohn

I'll admit I haven't been keeping up to par with my workouts lately. I guess the floor in my barn has cracked so that needs to get fixed before I can go back to my weights. Hah excuses I know..

Guess I'll just have ta keep to bodyweight exercises for a while, that'll be fun.

"I'm no fencing master, but I had some schoolin' in the art of cold steel"

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have a chance to workout on Tuesday, so I had a brutal workout on yesterday. Today I just jumped rope for 20 minutes.

Uh, I should say I attempted to jump rope for 20 minutes. I can go about 1.5-2 minutes before I step on the rope. But, that's a huge improvement over a month ago.

Planning another intense workout tomorrow!

I tried jumping rope once, and I have to say I found a sudden admiration for those little girls and their amazing rope jumping abilities!

:D

Geez... did an event on Saturday wearing lots of wool, but felt much hotter today just trying to walk around the block. Forecasters are calling for at least 105° with the heat index factored in!

:D

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Did my walk, and this time stopped on the way to post a package of replica coins to the esteemed Mr Foxe in England.

This weekend I did a ton of walking, but it being done in Hershey Park, I'm not sure how much it was counteracted by the increased consumption of chocolate.

:ph34r:

My Home on the Web

Rock (gym) climbing again last night. Also, regular weight workout once my hands and lower arms were too exhausted to cling to the wall. Spiderman, I'm not.

I'm finally figuring out how important being properly fed before exercise is. "Bonk" is a technical term, apparently.

*ducks in*

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread. I haven't been slacking, but I have been busy.

I did lose a little weight all at once. Traveling abroad and getting food poisoning can do that. <_<<_<

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

• 2 weeks later...

I did go for my 40 minute walk today, but my routine has been really disrupted by summer holidays. Indeed, my diet was rather rich during some of my travels and I feel a tad pudgier since I got home.

I'm hoping to shed 10-20 pounds in the next month to fit into a ballgown. Ha! And during that same time, I also need to finish up a case of Corona that I bought at the beginning of summer before it goes skunky.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

My routine has been disrupted by volunteering to be in charge. It seems like my time for walks at lunch has eroded away. But today I had to get up and leave this place to clear my head. In so doing, I came to the conclusion that I love to lead, and that I hate administrivia. Then I thought about qualities of leadership, and determined that most good leaders don't like administrivia, at least not the leaders I admire. That's why we have administrative assistants, right? Taking it a bit further, and sending it back in time, I tried to reconcile those thoughts. What did I come up with? I need a bard. Someone to keep track of everyone's accomplishments, and relate them to me in song while I drink from a fancy drinking horn. I could say, "bard, sing to me the Song of Willen!" And the bard would tell me the tale...

Ah, for the simple life...

My Home on the Web

I'm finally making some progress. I had gained a bunch of weight when I busted my ribs, so I've been trying to get back on track. Rather than looking at the scale, I'm measuring my waist. Seems as though with the weight training I'm gaining weight but losing bulk. My waistline had ballooned up to 31", which had me a bit distressed. This morning, I measured my waist and was very happy to see that I have since lost 1-1/2" from my waist! And this was without having to suck in my gut. :ph34r:

RHJMap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are you waif-ish yet?

B)

Good job! I think I'm just maintaining, which is better than gaining.

Today I spent a good three or four hours walking around an outdoor car show with my 3 & 363/365ths year old tugging on my arm the entire time. Saw some really amazing cars, including my wife's boss' 1930something Ford that would make a great gangster car. He's selling it, and the price isn't too bad at $25000.

My Home on the Web

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't posted to this thread since July (page 19). I'm still on Weight Watchers and I've lost about 55% of what I want to lose. I have a really long road ahead of me still.

I've found bike riding to be my thrill again. When I was in my 20s I wrecked my car and had to bike everywhere for about a year. Surprisingly, after about a month of simply puttering around I find that I'm still relatively fit and I'm quickly regaining my old biker stamina from ten years ago. I'm lucky enough to live on the outskirts of a town with a great bike path (Burbank, CA) and I ride that more than I even go for casual walks around the block. I'm really lucky to have an old healthy habit in my past - of all the people I started my weight loss with I'm the only one still going and I think that's because I like the exercise I perform.

I think it's great that you, blackjohn, have a knack for finding new ways to make walking work for you. I really believe that enjoying exercise is key, well outside of sheer self control.