Your Yesterday

Caraccioli

I put up my Christmas tree yesterday. It's a little bitty cedar that my dad and I found in the road ditch. B) I still haven't decorated it yet, but it's just as well, because my roommate doesn't like the smell, so I'm going to move it upstairs.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained." --Mark Twain

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly I talk for a living. Close to 8 hours a day for 6 days in a row. I'm exhausted. Was it worth it? yeppers!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I assume you were having trouble with the old website? I'm glad you can see this one. :lol:

The "Click to Enlarge" feature is in the works. We just have to work out a few bugs first.

There's lots of new stuff that will show up in the next two months. Keep watching. :D

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Gee, darned good thing I read this thread or I would have missed that announcement Kass! Not that I've been anxiously waiting for the new site or anything. Nope, no interest what-so-ever, certainly not. :blink:

Looks great of course.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I haven't quite announced it widely yet, Chole, because there are a couple of last minute bugs. Thanks for your enthusiasm though. It gives me the strength to go on... :blink:

When the "Grand Opening" happens (hopefully early next week), I'll post in PLUNDER and CAPTAIN TWILL. :P

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

• 1 month later...

I stayed up later than I planned (near midnight) and updated my myspace page, and tinkered with my Ipod album. Just bought my first shows to stick on my new video Ipod. Peewee's Playhouse - Season 1

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

There's lots of new stuff that will show up in the next two months. Keep watching. :huh:

Great stuff kass....

I think I can really incorporate that Mantua! What great sword fighting

garb that might be! (Gotta talk about the fastener though...) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm at the end of my rope with my job. One of the reasons I accepted the job was because of my boss and he left, so it's definitely gone downhill.

Yesterday, a customer sent a histrionic two-page ranting letter to our CEO. Seems the answer I gave her with regards to a particular function of our software wasn't what she wanted to hear, so she lashed out in a big way. Also complained about the support she got, although I don't think three e-mails and two calls over the course of four days could be construed as neglect. Instead of saying good riddance to a horrible customer who would bitch and moan even if she was handed everything she wanted on a silver platter, he gave her a year's license for free and has basically treated me like a pariah.

RHJMap.jpg

Instead of saying good riddance to a horrible customer who would bitch and moan even if she was handed everything she wanted on a silver platter, he gave her a year's license for free and has basically treated me like a pariah.

Eewww...

We have a troll much like that here on the lot.

Are you thinking of changing jobs??

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yes. I've only been here since September, but if this is what I can expect in the way of support, it's not worth it to stay.

Well, if the reason you accepted the job in the first place is gone... (old Boss) then you are right justified.

I wish you lived closer. Studios look for good IT people all the time.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 1 year later...

Yesterday I picked all the green beans worth picking along with some broccoli and had a fine meal of it. This year's garden has been most productive. I also picked some of my herbs and baked them with red and white potatoes in foil packets with scallions and Shitake mushrooms.

Plus I made monolithically slow progress on my latest on-going kitchen project - sliding shelves for one of the upper cabinets. I plan to affix these wire letter containers to the sliding shelves so I can display the dishes, yet still slide them out to get them. I'll post pics on my website once this mess is done - well, provided it comes out. You never can tell how well such things will come out...

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Worked from home yesterday (had a midday appt). Finishing up on my pirate sketchbook, and working on deciphering movie screencaps for a costume I am putting together for Halloween and possibly next year's SDCC. Involves a good deal of sewing, but first, a plethora of embroidering (new skill for me).

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

I have GOT to try that! Was it expensive?

Actually, I saw something similar to that in a movie made years ago, about sky divers. They had it set up at a meet, so divers could train. Looked pretty kewl, and I remember thinking at the time how much fun it would be if they ever let the public try it.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Last night was Ladies' Night, so we got a discount - $30 for two sessions.

This place was featured in a Mythbusters episode. I think there's only two of these kind of places (at least open to the public) on the West Coast - one near San Francisco and one in the Seattle area.

The group ahead of us had a team of skydivers and they were practicing their maneuvers. It was amazing to watch them!

RHJMap.jpg

Yesterday I worked the wagon and wheelchair booth at the county fair. (It's a volunteer thing.) You would think people watching at a county fair would be interesting, but being a rural area, they're fairly homogeneous. You mostly get families and teenagers. Then I went home and made some more monolithically slow progress on my kitchen cabinets with the sliding shelves.

And indoor skydiving reminds me of Harry Potter.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg