You know you think too much...

LadyBarbossa

When the wife returns from the mail box and yells out "Oderlesseye''

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! Walked up to the clerk to get extra mail from me new plunder po box and she shot me an odd grin and asked "Are you Red CAt Jenny?"

I proudly answered "Aye" but gave no explanation.... :ph34r:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I had t' add me pirate name t' the PO Box, t' receive plunder. The postal clerk wanted t' know who Jacky Tar was, an I said it were me. She asked wot kind o' alias is Jacky Tar, I said it's me pirate name... she just looked at me blankly, and said, "Yes, but what kind of alias is it?" I replied, "It' me pirate name, like Pirates of the Carribbean. Arrrr! ye ready t' walk the plank?" She still gave me a blank stare and said OK.

LOL heh JAcky :ph34r: see? I told ye we leave bits o legend we two!

:ph34r:

aye... had that happen, too. And the opposite where people are excited you are a pirate.

Stranger yet... when people dress up as a cheesy pirate. You give them a card with your pirate crew info and they look at you strange or just barely give you a thought, thinking you strange. Hell, they are the strange ones dressed up as a cheesy pirate parading through the bleedin' town lookin' like a dumbarse! :ph34r:

Bad enough you see more Jack Sparrows than you do Elvis! :ph34r:

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Bad enough you see more Jack Sparrows than you do Elvis!

Jack Sparrow as Elvis...... Now there's an wierd idea........ <_<

I think there is a pic of someone dressed as Jack Sparrow imitating Elvis. As there are various pics of Jack Sparrow as a storm trooper, Santa, various Depp personas, etc. You name it, I think it's been done. Except Sparrow portraying George Bush.

~Lady B

<_<

When your husband is looking at a circa 1950's 65' staysail schooner "project boat" and thinking of it as a possible home for us when he retires - and he's serious!  And I'm trying to talk him out of it - but not very hard! 

We're in serious trouble! 

Sorry False Ransom, I know quite a few people who've done it...though they're all my parent's age, and also of one my age who lives in a 38 motorcrusier inherited by his late father. I am battling similar urges but telling myself that a 22 pop-top Catalina sailboat is all I need. My 1957 Ford for sale = boat. So I'm a bad influence.

Yeah, I know. But it's not as if he doesn't already have a nice boat - we do. And we do know several people who live on board their boats and are quite happy, but these are not 65' schooners! It doesn't help that we subscribe to Latitudes and Attitudes, all about people who cruise the world on their boats.

Actually, I'm trying to get him to scale down to maybe a 40' Ketch instead. Something a bit more managable by two people who, at this point, don't know diddly about sailing! :lol:

Had a older guy at the gas station see the pirate sticker on my truck widow that says "Pirate Girl." He looks at me kinda strange and asks, "So, you're a pirate girl, are you?" I reply, "Yup, that me." and he asks, "Where do you pirate?" and I reply, "Anywhere I want to." He walks away saying, "Yeah, right."

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

:lol: I think I'll get one of those gun racks that fits in your back window. I'll put a couple of rapiers and that blunderbuss your talking about in it. Then go back and see if I get the same reaction!

Only problem is, I don't own any rapiers or a blunderbuss...damnit! Not yet, anyway, but I'm working on it. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Only problem is, I don't own any rapiers or a blunderbuss...damnit! Not yet, anyway, but I'm working on it. :lol:

Ye'll be wanting a cutlass... Much better in close quarters than a rapier. (I am SUCH a sword geek.)

Of course a swivel gun mounted by the driver-side window would be handy as well.

RHJMap.jpg

:lol: Ooo, I LIKE the swivel gun idea. Maybe on the cab roof?

Yeah, I know a cutlass is the usual weapon of choice, but for me it's a bit heavy, thus I lean toward the rapier.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ye wake up an yer first thought is of a pirate! :rolleyes:

Inquiring minds want to know...which pirate? :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhh......dunno..... B)

Must be yer influence..Mr. TAr.. B)

When the first thing you do in the morning, after making a cup of tea, is head for the computer and check into the Pub, so you can see what all the other pirates are doing - or did that night (that means all you insomniacs).

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:rolleyes: guilty as charged...(an' shame on me, I must go pick up my paycheck!)

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

• 2 weeks later...

.... when a classmate/friend of yours has a beltbuckle that is practically all studded with rhinestones and very "shiney"... and the first thought that crosses your mind is "you want it! Gotta have it for your treasure! Need to plunder that belt buckle!"

Spent a few minutes Googling images of pirate ice sculptures...