You know you think too much...

LadyBarbossa

You know you think too much like a pirate when your little swab sees a picture in a coloring book and points it out to you saying "look mama, he's wearing buckle shoes just like a pirate!"

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Have been asked for the billionth time..nice ribbon, why the braid? heh..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

When the entire fifth grade tells me "You know, you really look like a pirate captain and you walk like one too," and I'm in mundane clothes pacing the class room...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

heehee precious..lol

It's those moments.... B)

When your own kids call you captain!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

When someone cuts you off in traffic, and you yell, "Ya bilge sucking, deck-licking lubber!" Instead of just calling them an A..hole! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Eye slip out the word "Scuttlebutt"....yesterday...

1. Nautical.

a. an open cask of drinking water.

b. a drinking fountain for use by the crew of a vessel.

2. Informal. rumor or gossip.

[Origin: 1795–1805; 1900–05 for def. 2; scuttle3 + butt4]

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

When you're quite glad to find email from a pirate in you mailbox first thing in the morning..lol :lol:

hmmm...pmail

I, too, often find m'self replying with "aye" more than I say "yes"... whether it's for role call, or worse.. in response to our Drill Team Captains I'll always say "aye" or "Aye, aye".

Better yet... when you get strange looks when ya tell folks you do piracy for fun. And in return when they say "Arrghh!!" you give them the same strange look in return! ;)

You play any of the PotC soundtracks and your Instructors beg you to borrow your CD to listen to it! AFTER you use it for music background for your Riding Final!

One thing's for sure, the PotC does NOT go well with a Civil War theme's drill team.

Oh, and that's another, too... you know you've watched PotC TOO MANY TIMES when they play a song from PotC and in your mind the scenes from the movie are flippin' through your head. Or worse... you start acting out the scenes!

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I wake up and need to see what all of you are doing..

• 2 weeks later...

When you trade an endless enfilade of emails with a notorious pirate..

• 2 weeks later...

When, while watching Beauty & the Beast (Disney version) you have to point out the guy in the bar scene with what could be a tricorn hat & another with a glass bottomed tankard.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

• 3 weeks later...

When your husband is looking at a circa 1950's 65' staysail schooner "project boat" and thinking of it as a possible home for us when he retires - and he's serious! :huh: And I'm trying to talk him out of it - but not very hard! :huh:

We're in serious trouble! :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Why in th' bleedin' devil are ya trying to talk him out of it? :huh:

... When they are predicting a snow storm... and all you can think about is doing a photo shoot in the snow wearing your pirate outfit to co-inside with PotC 3. :huh:

... When you watch over and over again the trailer for AWE and have a sudden craving for chinese and sushi.

... When you walk into your bathroom and suddenly a song from a pirate movie pops into your head - specifically the erie background music in "the Goonies" when Mikey opened the hatch and entered slowly into One Eyed Willie's quarters.

... When you watched last nights Dancing With The Stars and thought Joey and his partner were cheesy pirates cause of the way they dressed.

... When others talk about Glocks and other guns you start talking about your flintlocks and have no interest in their weapons cause your weapon is just WAY TOO COOL!!!

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

... When they are predicting a snow storm... and all you can think about is doing a photo shoot in the snow wearing your pirate outfit to co-inside with PotC 3. :huh:

... When you watch over and over again the trailer for AWE and have a sudden craving for chinese and sushi.

... When you walk into your bathroom and suddenly a song from a pirate movie pops into your head - specifically the erie background music in "the Goonies" when Mikey opened the hatch and entered slowly into One Eyed Willie's quarters.

... When you watched last nights Dancing With The Stars and thought Joey and his partner were cheesy pirates cause of the way they dressed.

... When others talk about Glocks and other guns you start talking about your flintlocks and have no interest in their weapons cause your weapon is just WAY TOO COOL!!!

~Lady B

:huh:

If yer thinkin' all that, I'd say yer startin' t' get back t' yer good ol' self, Lady 'B'.

When your husband is looking at a circa 1950's 65' staysail schooner "project boat" and thinking of it as a possible home for us when he retires - and he's serious!  And I'm trying to talk him out of it - but not very hard! 

We're in serious trouble! 

Sorry False Ransom, I know quite a few people who've done it...though they're all my parent's age, and also of one my age who lives in a 38 motorcrusier inherited by his late father. I am battling similar urges but telling myself that a 22 pop-top Catalina sailboat is all I need. My 1957 Ford for sale = boat. So I'm a bad influence.

SHIP2-1.jpg

well it's not "pirate" related but

When you're 6 year old is watching "The Corpse Bride" & in trying to describe the bride's dress says

"the top is like stays, only without the straps"

I think that means we talk about historic clothing a lot :ph34r: