Piratical Dreams

dickosfortuna

Rosalinda,

Did you read my dream on the other page? It creeps me out, and it happens over and over again. I learned from other posts (I think it's you...) that you might be interested in witches/wiccan tradition. Can you explain any of that to me? Is it nightmare or nonsense?

;)

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Cap'n Roberts, I'm not an expert on dreams, but I'll be happy to share what little I understand on the subject!

Psychology was my minor in college and I had an opportunity to study brain activity and processes. Positions within the science are split on the basis of dreams. Some in the field believe it is nothing more than "left over" imagery that the brain attempts to sort through and store in some manner. Others take the position that the subconscious continues to work through problems while one is sleeping.

While there is much symbolism in dreams, and many books have been written on the topic, I think each dream and every element within each dream is unique to the dreamer. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a cigar is something else? Sometimes we dream of things we desire (I'm particularly fond of those!) and sometimes we dream of things we fear. It's not unusual for amazing problem solving to take place during the course of REM sleep. Creative energy is also very active during sleep cycles. The right side of the brain is more active during sleep, and therefore more prone to process fantastic imagery that is otherwise repressed by the dominant left brain (where analytical, logical processes occur) while awake.

I think it is more interesting to consider that all the life in the universe is inherently connected, from the beginning of time and well beyond the present. "Past life regression" is an over-simplified term. I believe it is very possible for bits and pieces of past, present and future events to slip into the present stream of consciousness, and the subconscious is far more "willing" to accept and process these images than when the mind is in a fully conscious state. You must consider time as a non-linear concept. Past events would imply an event experienced. Period. By yourself or by someone else.

Remember too that the concept of time and space as we understand it is extremely limited... there's a lot more going on the the universe than we know and can comprehend. The universe is not a place that begins beyond the stratosphere. We are part of it, and there's a lot going on. It all flows together... time and space are infinite, constantly bending, unfolding, and revealing!

Bear in mind that you may also be pre-programming yourself for these dreams. What you read, watch on television, experience throughout the day, or just ponder while you're lying in bed waiting to fall asleep... all of these things can trigger such dream imagery.

In short, there is no easy answer. It is quite possible that you are remembering past life experiences or past events. My suggestion is to relax and enjoy the show! There is much that you can learn from these images.

Listen to your subconscious. It is trying to tell you something. Write these dreams down immediately upon waking. Though it may appear to be the same dream, write it down anyway. It may reveal itself a month or a year or more from now. But it will eventually. Only you can interpret your dreams. Only you can discover what they mean.

Hope this helps!?! Let me know what you figure out about yourself, or someone else!

Bear in mind that you may also be pre-programming yourself for these dreams. What you read, watch on television, experience throughout the day, or just ponder while you're lying in bed waiting to fall asleep... all of these things can trigger such dream imagery.

*lying on bunk, waiting for dark, thinking: Nicole Kidman...Nicole Kidman...Nicole Kidman...*

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Lying on the bunk thinking...Nicole Kiddman...gunpowder...Nichole Kiddman...gunpowder

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

Kiddman?!

Much as I's likes th' readheads..... scrawny bitch...

She'd get broke to easily...

Sandra Bullock on th' other hand....

Gena Davis... on th' other...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Hey, don't knock us tall thin red heads :huh: I happen to be one myself :huh:

As far as pirate dreams go - if any of you are interested in piratical or nautical roleplay sail on over to: http://www.historicalroleplay.com and join us in 'The High Seas' in 'It's a Pirate's Life' (or start your own thread), if you think you can handle a red headed pirate captain, that is :huh:

Do not fear death but the life unlived! -CV

http://www.historicalroleplay.com

I dreamt last night that I was standing on the deck of a brigantine. I could feel the wind blowing in my hair and the rise and fall of the deck beneath my feet. That was all, nothing more than just standing there knowing that it was mine. The freedom of it all was unbelievable...

:D

Do not fear death but the life unlived! -CV

http://www.historicalroleplay.com

Really?! See! I knew I was onto somethin' with this dream fandango!

Man.. It's so late... I board at 10 a.m.... Pillaging from 2-6. That's if we even make the coast of Bermuda by lunch-time...

I hope to dream of a fine ship, a loyal crew and a rugged wench.. And a nice shot of rum/gunpowder. :lol:

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

Hey, don't knock us tall thin red heads <_< I happen to be one myself ;)

Oh Lassie, Donna get me wrong..... Redhead's be me weakness...

Just Ms. Kidman.... fine lookin' but a bitch thru n' thru....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Aye,

I dinna forget ta get them dreams figured out!

In fact last nite I went to my Hypnotists meetin', and a talk on dreams n' their meanin' was given... picked up a book too....

So, soon... we'll see...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif