Piratical Dreams

dickosfortuna

Arrr... I had me a few nautical dreams in me time, and I was wondering if ye had some too...

Fer starters, and probably the root of the fixation: My friends and I have long aimed at putting our meagre funds towards buying a chunk of the New Zealand coastline, building a galleon and living the lives of the SeaDogs... Ooooooooh yeah, never far from my mind. And this must have been the cause of my dream:

I dreamt that I was on a jetty, stratching out from a swamp into a clear sea. The jetty was connected to some kind of small building. There was a little kid hanging around, and he was asking me if I was a pirate. "Indeed , I be." rang the appropriate response, and then I saw something glimmering at the bottom of the water, which has some more relevance to me( If anyone reads this and queries aboiut it, I will reveal the extrremely mystical secret). So I dove into the water and swam to the bottom, and fossicked around for the plunder. Eventually I grabbed it, and swam with it to the surface. As soon as I got to the surface I become consumed with a terror of sharks, and swam as fast as I could to a ladderback up to the jetty, and wasted no time climbing it.

When I reached the top, I looked at my booty, and discovered it was a silver plaque with a skull and crossbones depicted, and the crossed swords beneath it, I think like the flag of Bart Roberts(?). I proudly showed it to the kid, who was at first unimpressed, until I gave it to him, then he was most happy! Little ingrate. Pretty trioppy, huh. Wait till you hear the tripiest bit! B)

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

Totally and utterly a dream!! I just thought some other rogues might have had some pirate related dreams...

But as for the pirate colony idea, that WILL BE a reality. I'm going back to NZ for summer to kayak aroiund the Marlborough Sounds in search of the land B) (& go to some Whopper Choppers!! B) )

And the shimmering silver under the water in the dream relates to a very true and trippy story of another summer in NZ

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

Ah, New Zealand, a place I'd like to visit someday - in my dreams of course!

I never take my dreams seriously, they are more like Saturday morning cartoons!

Can't think o' anythin' worse than seein' Sponge Bob at the helm of a sailin' ship and Peter Pan flyin' about. Hmmmm, Tinkerbell musta been dishin' out an extra dose o' flyin' fairy powder. :ph34r: But hey since I'm on a roll, there be little munchkins actin' as crew and killer tomatoes threatenin' them with squishy innards o' the chicken that didn't make it across the road, and of course, the rum barrel walkin' the decks handin' out ladles of intoxicatin' liquore to the munchkins. Guess that's why they keep goin'on 'bout singin' somethin' bout a yellow brick road.

Meanwhile the Capt. is in his cabin with the hooka, swappin' stories with Charlie Brown 'bout a great pumpkin.

The bilge rats, Tom and Jerry, are dancin' a jig down in the hold, flingin' the weevils from the flour around, and chewing the fat with a jawa, 'bout some guy named Solo and the bath rug he carries around he calls a Wookie.

Up in the crow's nest ol' Peter Pan is still flyin' 'round figurin' how ta stop sayin' "Away we go!"

And the ship o' fools sails off inta one hell o' mind bender!

RumbaRue

**I love the voices in my head...someone has to** ;)

I never take my dreams seriously, they are more like Saturday morning cartoons!....And the ship o' fools sails off inta one hell o' mind bender!

Wow...been dippin' into the rum again, m'lady?? You're MUCH different here than at that *other* place...

:ph34r:

As far as MY piratical dreams...well...I'm a fool to put 'em in print, as they be involvin' the snatchin' of a certain bohemian-type lad who be livin' in Europe these days, and sailin' off to a secluded cove where I'd spend me days and nights drinkin' pilfered wine and eatin' decadent chocolate while listenin' to the sweet music comin' from his guitar...

Okay - so I'm a lazy, romantic type pirate....

;)

das

When I was a kid, I had an awesome dream where I was a pirate involved in an Errol Flynn style sword fight on the deck of a ship. No fear, no sense of danger, just all the fun and excitement, swinging from the rigging and battling other pirates with a cutlass!

After sailing the Royaliste backwards through the Americas Cup Race, I had a dream that was based on that. In real life, as I was at the helm of the Royaliste and we realized the bad spot we were in, with a whole line of racing ships heading straight at us I shouted out- "Tell me what to do Captain!" Gary shouted back "Hold her steady, just keep doing what you're doing! You're doing just fine!" So here is how the dream went-

I dreamed that again, I was at the helm of the Royaliste and we were out sailing. The first part of the dream was about that and feeling the ship "speak", communicating the current, the wind, etc. But suddenly, the water disappeared and we were sailing through the streets of San Francisco during rush hour traffic, with honking horns, making U-turns, cars all around, LOL! I called out to Gary, just as I had in the Americas Cup situation:

"Tell me what to do Captain!"

Gary shouted back "Hold her steady, just keep doing what you're doing! You're doing just fine!"

And I called back "But how did this happen?!!"

Gary laughed and shouted back "Hell if I know!! Just keep doin' what you're doin'!!"

So I sailed the Royaliste through traffic, attempting to find and access to the bay. I finally located one, but it had a chain link fence across it. But upon seeing the water, the front portion of the Royaliste turned into a horse, and she started dancing and prancing, wanting to run into the water! (this comes from my dear departed horse Cocoa, who would prance at the bottom of a hill, wanting the race to the top!")

So I now found myself holding the reins of the Royaliste, instead of holding the helm! "Easy there girl!" I told her, keeping the dancing ship in check!! B)

That was about the time I woke up!!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

When I was a kid, I had an awesome dream where I was a pirate involved in an Errol Flynn style sword fight on the deck of a ship. No fear, no sense of danger, just all the fun and excitement, swinging from the rigging and battling other pirates with a cutlass!

Only when you were a kid? I still dream o' that, though not necessarily the Errol Flynn style (I'm a diversified pirate :) ).

Definitely a cool little dream, though.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Hmmmm.....

I could have someone try ta analize them dreams...

For that matter, (breaking out of character) I do some things that deal with dreams and more...

Aye this looney be a certified Hypnotist...

Dreams could be a form of past life regression (if ya believe it or not)...

Or, could be fanciful fulfillment... Or....

I've had, and still have some real doozies, they feel real... all five, or six senses involved...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

My dreams aren't as adventurous as some...definitely not as grand a scale as Quill's!

I have had troubling dreams about being tortured--as a witch. I dreamed of some of the old torture devices LONG before I ever saw them online or on movies or in books. What the heck does that mean? I mean, these are things like mouthspurs, thumbscrews and other such horrific things such as that. I also dream about being strapped to a wheel. I am asleep during my dream, and I wake up (still in my dream) with water dripping on my face, right before I am plunged back into the water and held there. Apparently, I hold my breath, because I have had my honey wake me up several times telling me that I flinch repeatedly and stop breathing for a while.

Perhaps Rosalinda can help with these witchy dreams? Is this a past life? I have heard that my family descendants are gypsies and such. Don't know for sure. Family legend that got smothered by Puritanish ways long ago.

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

:( wowee!! What a bunch of replies! Hey, Dorian Lasseter, if you can really interpret dreams, I'd be really keen to find out what you make of my tripped out madness described at the beginning of this discussion!

Hey, how many of you guys are actually sailing on pirate ships? Or any old beautiful wooden sailing ships? Because I would drop everything and come and sail with you ayt the drop of a hat if you ever needed a rugged young kiwi deck swabber! I need the training for when I get my own ship! :P:(

Saber and I both sail aboard Royaliste's ship, The Royaliste She is a tall ship, a gaff-rigged ketch to be more specific. Quite literally, I'm learning the ropes, but have a loooooong way to go with much to learn. Royaliste's permission to come aboard post above was his way of saying "I've got one!! c'mon out!!" LOL

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Aye Lad,

I'll hafta print it out, have it mulled o'er fer a bit, then tell ye wot it may mean...

'course I might need more info about ye as well...

We shall see...

Ah, th' Royaliste.... can't wait ta get back...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Whoa...

The royaliste is sooooooooooooooo cool!

I would seriously love to work out a time where I can come aboard and learn the ropes too! Perhaps we could arrange to meet in Port Royal! :lol:

A real...(pant pant pant)

pirate... (pant pant pant)

ship... (pant pant pant) :lol:

Cap'n Lasseter: I would be hella keen! Request any info y'need to assess me with,

and I'll be more than obligin!

:lol: