WARNING VIRUS ON THIS SITE

I had like 9 this am. deleted all without opening.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - so . .. I got the emails in my yahoo account. Opened them, but not the link, didn't seem to catch anything from that. I knew they were nasty before I even looked at them, because . . .

I happened to toast one of the work computers when, during a lull in our hectic day, I went to check in at the pub and a pop up came up that was trying to download something, then wouldn't close when I frantically clicked on the close button and the whole enclada would only close after I ctr+alt+dlted a few times to bring up the control panel. No sooner had I done that then a nice, scary spy-ware alert popped up, saying that the computer was infected. But it wasn't just spywear . . . . can we say big nasty virus, that looked like a horse (i.e seemed to be the Trojan Virus) Thank God for my Front Office Manager and tech support. my manager spent hours getting that damned thing fixed AND he didn't squeal to my GM or the Controller. If he had, my ass would have been grass.

I hadn't come back to the pub in over a week, afraid it might crash whatever computer I was on . . . but finally I braved it out. Here's to hoping that the hacker that decided to do that choked on his millionth bag of doritos and is slowly being eaten by the rabid mice in his shit-heap appartment.

. . .. Just remember folks, being a computer nerd is a gift - the question is, are you going to use your power for good, or for evil! :lol::unsure:

Typically, the folks who propagate these sort of things feel powerless in their own lives, are usually teenage and 20-something boys, have poor social skills and this is how they make themselves feel better. It never occurs to them to do something positive about their own lives; their way of dealing with their inadequacies is to make as many other people feel miserable as possible.

RHJMap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I hope you guys catch the creep that did that! He sure needs to be keelhauled, at the very least. This is the first time I've been here since the virus hit. Been too afraid to get infected. :ph34r:

Aye I know what ye mean....I only came back to the site on a fluke a few days ago....Im still runnin off o' IE, but When I came here a few weeks ago two trojans decided to implant theirselves onto me 'ard drive...

Luckily The McAfee Virus protection program works so well....