WARNING VIRUS ON THIS SITE

lso please run McAfee or Norton on your system

Those two..ha!

Known to miss tons of virusses..best best is an online scan like Panda or better still trend micro, and don't forget to turn of system restore before doing so.

hero.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the email too. Automatically deleted it. However, now when I try to open the Pub in IE it tries to download a virus. Norton shuts down the attempts though and closes the page.

I don't seem to be having any problems viewing the site on Mozilla Firefox though...

I think that I have found a way around the virus. When the picture viewer comes up delete that file. Then the next time you open a pirate pub page click cancel as quick as you can. So far I have learned that you have to do this each time you START pyracy pub but after that you have clear sailing till you close out again. Hope this helps.

I have Norton on both my office computer and at home. It caught the attempt the second I logged on and slapped the thing down.

B)

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

lso please run McAfee or Norton on your system

Those two..ha!

Known to miss tons of virusses..best best is an online scan like Panda or better still trend micro, and don't forget to turn of system restore before doing so.

Glad Panda worked for you; it ruined two office computers here by missing viruses and spyware that Norton caught immediately. Guess results vary......

B)

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

;) ...opps......me missus opened that very email........don't seem t' have done nuttin' tho??......naught gettin' any o' the probs ye've mentioned.......also deleted it from my email acc....an' from the comp.......(crosses fingers) B)

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

thankfully I use firefox at home and now that I see folks have problems with IE... I'll not open the site with that program. So far, I haven't had any problems.

Hopefully, the folks maintaining the board will find the bug and kill it.

:lol:

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

Another email came around just now (10am) entitled "Necessary". DO NOT OPEN IT. Delete it and run McAfee.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

kass, you spelled necessary correctly, the bogus email didn't.

Do not open anything from the pub. If people want you bad enough, they can leave you a personal message here. Change your email settings to "NOT ALLOW OTHER USERS TO SEE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS" Do not delete your email address from the pub, or you won't be able to log back in.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

When I got bombarded by e-mails from the pub, I was automatically suspicious. Pyrates don't do spam—unless the voyage is a really long one. ;)

I deleted them right away. But, I also have a Mac, and use Safari to access the pub, so haven't had any problems so far.

Keelhauling sounds to good for 'um. Tar and hang 'um in irons. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yahoo Mail gives you a main mailbox and a bulk mail folder where it sticks everything it thinks might be spam.

I recieved the virus e-mail once yesterday in my main mailbox and thought it sounded fishy so I flat out deleted it.

Today I recieved it again eight times to my bulk folder! Persistant buggers!!!

As I am telling everyone, DO NOT OPEN ANY EMAILS FROM THE PUB, unless you know what your PM reply looks like and you might be expecting one.

Right now I'm not even using PM, and am going to other sites where I know Pub members are and using the PM function there.

Yes we are being watched and a disgruntled Pub member is clearly behind it all. I've already sent what info I know the the Managers here at the Pub.

Yeah I got one yesterday and clicked on it,..like an idiot...and nothing happened..but I bet somewhere behind the scenes there is something. I need to go check. I was flooded with about 7 of them today..all saying the same thing. I deleted all of them without opening. Yikes...how do we protect ourselves so we don't get more? Also I had to re-log in today.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

In yahoo mail, go to options. There you will find an option to block an email address. Add bloodybuckets@pyracy.com to it. You can always remove it later after this mess has been cleaned up.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

thanks for the heads up, rumba :ph34r:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Well, that was a whole heap of fun.

I didn't open up the email (only got 1), simply deleted it, but I still ended up with a virus. Several days sans net, and several anti-virus cleanups later, and I'm back in bidness.

Time for my studies. :ph34r:

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Ya know, I rec'd a different one on the 20th it had

" FORUM ATTANTION ( From Pyracy Pub - the Pirate Forum ) "

in the subject line

and the most recent one had

"Necessery ( From Pyracy Pub - the Pirate Forum ) "

in the subject line

They both led to the same link.

YE BE WARNED, I BETS MY LAST GOOD TOOTH WE BE SEEIN' THESE AGAIN UNDER A NEW MONICER. KEEP A WEATHER EYE MATES,

Really, please be careful.