WARNING VIRUS ON THIS SITE

I believe this site has been infected with a virus.

I recieved an email this morning, though I didn't open it, it carried a virus. The email was generated from Pub.

I have done everything I can to shut it down. Be forewarned, if you get an email that says it's coming from the Pub and has a link to click on, don't click on it, delete.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Warning Rumba...So far I have not received anything in my e-mail from the Pub nor a pm.

Aye Phil I say we find who did it and then make em walk the plank..although a good keelhauling could be in order.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I got the same email...Christine's sister had opened it on Christine's home puter (she's not home right now) and the computer is DEAD. They can't get it going - going to try to reinstall the OS. It only seemed to happen after she opened the email and went to the Pub.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

The little bastichs attempted the same ruse with me, but I blew their scurvy bottoms out of the water!

MODERATOR - SUGGEST YOU PUT THIS WARNING AS A STICKY IN ALL FORUMS! [/color=red]

Dances for nickels.

Dang that sucks..THANK GOD..i thought forum attantion..the last word got me esp. i never thought there'd be that big a mistake in an official message..thank god i deleted it :o

So sorry Christine..i hope you can fix it :lol:

hero.jpg

I got it, I opened it but my computer wouldn't complete it. I got a message that stated I needed to download onto a disk. I saw it had an exe attachment and then deleted it. I haven't shut down my computer yet, but it is still going.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I just ran check on my comp, just found the normal spyware. Took those off. So, hopefully I don't have anything. Crossing my fingers.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

got it this morning and didnt open it .

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Very strange - Norton blocked an intrusion attempt when I accessed the site just now. (This was not an email.)

Same happened to me! Who wrote it.. Eyes Likes ta string'em up! :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I got the bugger of an email too... thankfully, when I opened it, I saw that it was just a link to and .exe file. I promptly deleted it.

this was the FROM statement :

"Pyracy Pub - the Pirate Forum" <bloodybuckets@pyracy.com>

:lol:

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

Well, so far so good...I rebooted all the way and am still up and running.

Thank Heavens.

I hope whoever did it gets what they deserve.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

should I rub in the "go buy a Mac" thing again? :o

Macs aren't any more resistant to viruses than PCs, it's just that there are so few of 'em that nobody writes viruses to attack them. Now that Macs are using Intel-based hardware, I expect to see that change.

I got the "FORUM ATTANTION ( From Pyracy Pub - the Pirate Forum )" email today. I use a WebTV, which can't run executable files (only one of its many limitations). Actually, this is the first time I've been glad I use WebTV. I've no doubt trying to hack one o' these babies is about as easy as crushing a marshmallow on an anvil with a ball-peen hammer. Like the Mac, however, there's little satisfaction to be gained from inconveniencing the (approximately) 17 people who actually have one. :lol:

~~Cap'n Bob

Also please run McAfee or Norton on your system even if you didn't open the virus in the email. I did not open it either, but viewing the Pub in IE downloaded two files to my Java directory that kept trying to pop-up new windows on my laptop. Luckily the pop-up blocker didn't allow this.

Scrub, rinse, repeat... B)

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

should I rub in the "go buy a Mac" thing again? B)

Mate, I was once a Macintosh Witness and some day when I have the funding I hope to retun to the fold but until then, a Windows environment and lots of security will have to do.