Lookin' ta share a pint er two

Silkie McDonough

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silkie takes his hand and dances like never before with her good friend

Aye, Hugh, tis a dream t'b dancin wit ya.

Her smile, wide with the delight of being held in his strong arms could light up a room! :P

At a rest between sets

Luv, yer lead is easily followed, I'd dance wit ye forever ifin we could.

Thank ya fer yer attentions :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

At 8:15 AM today I will be laying on a table in a surgery center having my right hand operated on. The left hand carpal tunnel release went well. My right hand is my dominant hand ...I'm a little more nervous this time because it is my dominant hand and I am an artist.

That having been said, prayers or whatever you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Most blessed thoughts and wishes be yers, for healing from under the knife as it were...

Being a massage therapist I understand your concern...your surgeon be of fyne skill, and ye should recover very well indeed lass!

(((((((((((Silkie)))))))))))))

indeed ,,, well wishes from me too. I hope all went well..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers. I'm sleeping much of the time, happy drug induced rest.

Saw the surgeon today. This surgery was a bit more involved than the last. He had to do a Flexorteno synonectomy ...yea, thats what I said. He had to remove additional inflamed tissues from the area in addition to the carpal tunnel release. The palm and wrist halfway to the elbow are bruised. Hurts more than the last too. Both the surgeon and the OT say that it should heal as well as the other but it may take more work. Hey, as long as the pain is gone and it still works as well as before the surgery I'll be happy!

Typing is a chore but easier than writing!

The swelling has gone down considerably thanks to the 800 mg of Ibuprofen I am taking. The bruising is more obvious today ...purple into green halfway up my arm ...I have developed an allergic reaction to something ...hives on my fore arms and hind quarters! I'm hoping it is just the bath salts that I used earlier today. I'm sleeping allot but all in all I am doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

Recovery of my right hand is progressing well. Got the stitches taken out on Friday. Surgeon had to dig out one of the sutures. I do mean "dig" swear it took him several minutes to get it out. I was thinking "there isn't anything there" when FINALLY! he pulled the dang thing out. have had to keep it wrapped and still am not permitted to get it wet but I'm that much closer to being able to use my hand as if there was never anything wrong!

<_<:lol::huh::huh::huh:

damn silkie that be the good and great news together did ye hear Our mate Siren's leg is much much better as well? I believe there then to be a pint in yer near future... because I be buyin! (turns to the good keep) Ray! Would ye mind settin up drinks around the house on me (tossing me purse it thuds on the bar clanking loudly) stopping the converse of everyone settling in for an after work waterin! Huzzah!

Touch somebody you don't know today with a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, I just got the word today. I will be returning to work on 5/22. :lol: This means a few things. For starters ...I have to work! :lol: Additionally I will have much less time to spend in the pub. :lol: Therefore, I need to get in as much of you Pyrates as I can in two weeks! :lol::lol::lol:

Ray ...a round fer m'mates here. :lol::lol:B)

She tucks up her skirt, tightens her shoe bow, tugs her boddice straight and asks:

Now, who'll be dancin wit m'tday?

B)B)B)

Callenish!

She throws her arms around his neck and kises him as if it has been months since their last parting.

So sweet uv ya! Tis always a pleasure ta dance wit ya, n'ya know I luv t'falla yer lead! ;)

<_<:unsure::huh:

lass... good to hear that you are much better, but sad to hear you will have to return to.. dare I say 'work'.

RAY.. put a pint up fer the lass, and tell 3 Pints that we need a tune...

I may need some surgery too, and will have xrays tomorrow.. I'm hoping fer the best on this one.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Tank ya fer yer kind words and d'drink lass! Kind save fer det four ledder one ...w o r k ...eeeeeew!

Sorry about your back problems! If it makes you feel any less angsiety I had back surgery in 1996 for a ruptured disk have been fine ...better than before since then.

Now, who else will join d'dance ...some lad t'sweep these ladies uf er feet?

I didn't see your post about Ibuprophin before.. if you are taking lots of it, you can have severe bruising, stomach ulcers, anemia, nose and gum bleeding, and a few other symptoms. The fool neurologist I went to a few years ago 'forgot' to tell me that until I asked a week later when I tried to give blood. I was so anemic that not only could I NOT give, but they were worrying about me passing out.

Good luck again... and big hugs to ya.

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been back to work for a few weeks now, it is like I was never gone ...I still don't know why they want me to work for the paycheck!

Missing being here for hours on end day after day. ::Heavy Sigh:: Oh well. Hmmm, oh well. :lol: