Pa. Ren Faire

Jim Cutlass

Oh, I'd like to make a week of it. But that isn't possible. Probably just be a Friday to Sunday sort of thing. I'd be going mostly because there is an excellent band from Germany whose only American shows are at the PA renfair.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My In-laws live in Philly and it's only about an hour and some change outside the limits to the faire.

If anyone will be there in early September (aye, the same weekend as Dragon*con, alas) Give me a shout.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Lancaster PA isn't too far from the Faire and it has an outlet center you could check out. Let us know when you come around!

What happens at the outlet mall?

The dates I could come would be Oct. 7-8 or Oct. 14-15

So I'll keep you posted about the plan of action.

I'm going to be going at least two weekends. In the past I used to get season passes, but I just can't afford it now. I'm going the first day (Aug. 12th)... It's the weekend after my B-day and I'm going to try to get all my friends to go that weekend. I'm planning to rent a gown, (if I can afford that). The other weekend that I'm sure I'll go is the weekend before we sail south to the pirate infested Key West. It will probably be Oct 7th.

I'll be hanging out at Capt'n Shucks...

for those of you that are parenfaire folks -

greg and kate ramsey - artistic directs of the faire - are no longer with the faire. they have been hired as house parents at the mikton hershey school. hey wil be greatly missed

last season greg was aidan namara - on the crew with grace o'malley and kate was the queen :ph34r:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

to the person asking about flying in: gettysburg pa is a wonderful place to stay, especially if your into paranormal stuff or civil war or just old time stuff. its about an 1hr15-1hr30min away from the ren faire.

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

to the person asking about flying in: gettysburg pa is a wonderful place to stay, especially if your into paranormal stuff or civil war or just old time stuff. its about an 1hr15-1hr30min away from the ren faire.

Thanks. If I come it will be just for the festival. Arrive late friday night, attend festival on Saturday and depart Sunday morning. So ideally I'd like to stay some place near the festival. So, not much time for sight seeing. Maybe a little on Friday depending on when I come in.

I'm trying to convince my brother to come along, but if not I'll probably go it alone. A grand adventure.

Duchess

there are several motels within walking distance of the faire ...and flying into BWI batlimore/washington or into philadelphia international are about equal distance from the faire the one advantage to philadelphia would be direct train access to within 10 miles of the faire ...a reasonable taxi ride ...

Also there is a campground about half a mile or so away, right at the entrance to the turnpike. Its a decent campground also.

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

Not to be a shill or anything - but the hotel I work at is only 45 minutes away and we are one of the offical innkeepers of the faire - therefore, discount tickets available! Plus - you'd get to be checked in by me!!! <_<

Hey that does sound nice! Will you be out at the festival to give me a tour as well? This could be a full service operation!

Not to be a shill or anything - but the hotel I work at is only 45 minutes away and we are one of the offical innkeepers of the faire - therefore, discount tickets available! Plus - you'd get to be checked in by me!!!  <_<

Hey that does sound nice! Will you be out at the festival to give me a tour as well? This could be a full service operation!

Full faire ride if me does say so meself :lol:

I can't wait for this faire season and meet some of the pyracy pub pyrates!

We should all have gathering on the pirate weekend! Perhaps with a post faire gathering for some good grub!

Probliem with meeting on pirate weekend is that the Maryland faire pirate weekend is the same weekend! Half of our numbers will be headed that way. I still have not made up my mind which way I am going!

aye harsh competition at its finest :o

well if there is any other weekend that everyone would like to do ? the halloween one is another fun one but its late in the season if that matters to anyone.

Not to be a shill or anything - but the hotel I work at is only 45 minutes away and we are one of the offical innkeepers of the faire - therefore, discount tickets available! Plus - you'd get to be checked in by me!!!  <_<

Well, not to shill again, but I work a clothing booth at the faire . . . so come and see me there too!!!! :P So sure! I am the hook up at both ends!!

well, we're there most weekends, get season tickets and merc works for one of the vendors, so she's there too

IWG #3057 - Local 9

tis a shame Greg & Kate are such nice folks ....but i guess that even they must see what's going on there with chuck and his wife and tom roy ....hard folk to work around and with

greg and kate will be wonderful hppuseparents and i'll still get to see them for at least the next 7 years since my boys have 5 and 7 years left to go in the milton hershey school. brian belge (the lord high governor, msrshall laww, is the new artistic director and he is most excellent in his own way and fun to be around. the ramseys were with faire for 18 years.

IWG #3057 - Local 9