Pa. Ren Faire

Jim Cutlass

Tis a hell of a thing...PARF has gone and scheduled its pirate weekend for 23 and 24 September...the same bloody weekend as the Maryland Renaissance Festival's pirate weekend! Now what bilge drinkin', barrel buggerin', scupper suckin', land lubbin' swab was in charge of schedulin'?

Aye, so now I'll have to figger what bloody weekend to go to PARF, 'cause I gots t' go to pirate weekend at Revel Grove.

pirate weekend is in august, not september

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry bout that - i see they switched music and dancw and pyrates - i wonder why

thisis the first time since i've been going that they changed the order of the weekends

i stand corrected

IWG #3057 - Local 9

Guest PistolProof

They scheduled the Pirate Weekend this year in conjunction with the Media Olympics; a charity event to benefit the Make-A-Wish foundation. Here's hoping that they have the media celebs don pirate garb...

ah so that's why they changed the dates. Thanks for the information. I was wondering why they did it the same weekend as Maryland. Still am trying to figure out when we will be there. MIght be opening weekend not sure I have to get with my sister and gute on that one. ;)

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

ill be there, but ill be working at imaginarium.

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern

ah so that's why they changed the dates.  Thanks for the information.  I was wondering why they did it the same weekend as Maryland.  Still am trying to figure out when we will be there.  MIght be opening weekend not sure I have to get with my sister and gute on that one.  B)

the funny thing is that maryland doesn't have a "pirate" weekend this season... they're calling it "adventure" weekend. though it is still more pirate than anything else...

From the MDRF website

September 23rd & 24th: Adventure Weekend: Seafaring, pirates and the age of exploration.

The Renaissance was a time of discovery. This weekend we explore beyond the shores of England. Learn about life at sea. Hear stories of the great adventures. Experience music and dance from foreign lands. Eat, drink and be merry with delicacies from the sea. And of course, arrrghh matey - there be pirates!

Pirate costume contest for adults (16 and over) and children (0-15). Prizes will be awarded for the best pirate costume - head to toe. Time and location of contest will be posted shortly.

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

So who is going to Celtic Fling next weekend?

I'll be there on saturday with my lady friend and a probably a bunch of other trouble makers... er... friends B)

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

ah so that's why they changed the dates. Thanks for the information. I was wondering why they did it the same weekend as Maryland. Still am trying to figure out when we will be there. MIght be opening weekend not sure I have to get with my sister and gute on that one. B)

Give me a shout. We'll have t' do some figgerin' on weekends. I'd also likes t' see when the Juryrig and others be thinkin' o' going to PA.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

So who is going to Celtic Fling next weekend?

hey merc -

we'll be there on saturday with the boys at least! ;)

IWG #3057 - Local 9