Valentine's Day

Rummy3

Me own dear wench made out like a, well.....Pirate this year. She first recieved a cookie gram from "cookies by design" with cookies shaped like naughty lingerie, afterwitch she got a new diamond anniversary band, then she had a mini shopping spree at Victorias Secret. But in return I got Dread Pirate, and a new hat from Capt. Jacks pirate hats (the barbossa no less), and some other odds and ends I haven't recieved yet. :lol::lol::huh:

GageSig.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband called me from the car on his way to pick our oldest daughter up from an after school activity. "Tomorrow's Valentine's Day," he pointed out, "Do you want me to pick you up a card on the way home?" I suggested that if he had to call and ask, then don't bother. He then pressed me for what he should get for me.

"A club," was all that came to mind. But then, I quickly added, "and freedom from prosecution."

(This was the actual conversation)

LOL...

I do love that answer... you might have to trademark it. :o

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Once again, the most special man in my life, (my Dad)

got me a chocolate heart, the sweetest of cards, and finallt a tuna sub from subway. Who needs a good looking pirate, when you have a Dad that knows who to spoil his little girl! Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Once again, the most special man in my life, (my Dad)

got me a chocolate heart, the sweetest of cards, and finallt a tuna sub from subway. Who needs a good looking pirate, when you have a Dad that knows who to spoil his little girl! Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

Cool, Kendra! I got a funny valentine's card from my parents with a bit of cash in it, which was nice.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

My fiancee took me to Faravilla - the local, how do I say, "love shop." She took me on a carte blanche shopping spree in the store, which has all sorts of lovely things and toys.

Needless to say, I made her a lovely dinner featuring steak and she returned the gift with a fashion show (and demonstration) of the stuff I picked out.

Ahh.... love Valentine's Day!!!!!

-- Hurricane

(sorry, little tapped. Can't type correctly with my brain scrambled).

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

oh what a reminder of why older pirates should never date 22 year old coeds ....string quartet concert ......went to dinner.....before she finished her second captain & coke she wasn't feelin' well and before i could get her home we had to stop to let her make her offerings to the rum gods.... and i'm home before 10 pm ...... :D:D:D

Sure, but arrrrrrrrrr ye really lookin' fer the love of yer life with a 22 year old girl? Methinks not. Just a wee bit o' fun. Too bad it couldn't last longer ! :D

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Just because she's 22 doesn't mean things can't work out. A lot of times it doesn't matter how old people get they'll always be immature. There's people in their 30's, 40's and 50's who are pretty immature, but then there are some who are also mature. It just depends on the person, not their age. At 22 I would have ran circles around this girl! Then again I don't drink so that could be part of it! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I stole most of this off my myspace.com blog. I made my boyfriend a Guinness cake for Valentines Day. Here's all the messes I made of it:

When I was making it I accidently tossed an egg across the kitchen. Luckly, it just hit the floor.

The cake batter called for 2 sticks of butter and the icing called for 1 stick. I put all three sticks on the counter with the rest of the ingredients. When I went to make the icing I couldn't find the 3rd stick of butter anywhere. That's when I realized that I must have put it in the cake batter.

I didn't have any toothpicks to test if the cake was done, so I just used the time on the receipe. I didn't have any wire racks to cool the cake on so I turned the two halves upside down onto two different cookie sheets to cool. Twenty minutes later the halves were glued to the sheets (non-stick my ass) because they weren't cooked enough. So I had to scrape the halves off the sheets, flip them over and stick them back in the oven on the cookie sheets.

I didn't have any problems with the icing. In fact once the cake was iced you couldn't tell it was mangled from being glued to the cookie sheets.

Over all it turned out ok. The cake was good, but it's very thick and heavy. Jim liked it, and so did I, but we had to throw out half our slices because they were just too much too eat.

I figure it should feed about 50 people.

B)

Ladies, ladies...don't have me swingin' from the yardarm, yet. The point which I seemed to have completely missed in my post was more about just having something in common and being able to have fun. I am sure that age has nothing to do with it.

If you want proof, just ask Elizabeth Taylor! B)

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Huzzah to Jon Hawks! Now that be the true way to a lasses heart!

I got marry'd and it was the death o' me love... Sorry Merrydeath!

I agrees wit Jon though, should be a year round, spur o' the moment, hop o'er a fence, pick a flower, stop by fer lunch, picnic basket, walk on the beach, doing the laundry, watching a football game, kiss on the cheek... whene'er ye wants to day! Nay a forced marketing scemed day!

And Bunny steps off her soapbox! :lol:

Blech t' forced love!

Sorry thar Bunny fer the late postin back on this. me job been getting in the way. Thank ya kindly fer the kind words. I believe in em fer sure. No one be tellin a person when ta be nice er loving their better half. It be the little things along the journey not planned that the two o ya have fun workin out tagether. It means much more in the end.

Shoots anything that moves!!

:wub: This valentines weekend, I'll be cruising down to Mexico!  Belly up - and let's have us some drynks in honor of this weekend.  :wub: For those of ye that have sweethearts - never forget them, and those that argh without - never settle.

The Cruise was exceptional - so great in fact, that we are going to repeat it in the fall! My valentine's started out with a surprise. Roses, candy a balloon, and teddy bear all arrived during the day. The minute I finished work, we went out for a romantic dinner. There were a few mishaps- including a car accident and a family emergency - but this is a day i will keep in my memory bank. It was so nice to not be alone this year on Valentine's day. :wub: