Valentine's Day

Rummy3

:lol: Ahoy me mateys - the holiday for lovers is just around the corner, and I don't wants anyone to be forgetful of your honey! Now - tell me what ideas or plans have ye gots up your sleeves? If ye have a particularly memorable one ta share - do it here. Now, mind ye, if ye can't even remember last Valentine's day - ye best get yer arse in gear and do something special for this year. If'n ye have no plans, how would you like to be treated and what would make your day truly special?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack and I have developed a kind of tradition where we buy something for us in addition to something for each other (e.g. a pair of distinctive wine glasses.) Also, he goes out of his way to get me something that he knows I would really appreciate. Last year it was a small bookcase for the bedroom, since I had so many books piling up that didn't fit into the office and he knew I didn't want to put them into storage in the attic. As far as how we spend the day, that varies. I want to take us to see Great Big Sea - they are playing locally that evening and a few of us want to see them.

RHJMap.jpg

Ta be honest, we never celebrate it. All it be is a day fer the damn sales people ta be makin money off others on cards, flowers, jewelry etc. Ya don't be needen a day ta be tellin ya ya loves someone. The best is ta be doin it on yer own all the other times. That be what I do. Just unexpectidly. Love ain't no one special day event. Specially when it be set down tellin ya this is the day. So, on Valentines day I aint doing Shyte. Just about 2 weeks ago, I stopped on me way home from work and gots me a small boquette o carnations ana few muffins fer breakfast. She didn't expect it. Thats a true day. I like doing things like that. Specially with this being me 30 years wit the lass come this June.

Shoots anything that moves!!

It's on a Tuesday this year, during the week, so nothing will be happening for me. It's just another day. Perhaps I'll go play with the guyfriend that weekend before. Eh, who cares one way or another, it's a corny holiday. I'm with Jonathan, love shouldn't need to have a special day. Nor should it make you feel like crap if you don't buy stuff or do stuff for your lover.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Huzzah to Jon Hawks! Now that be the true way to a lasses heart!

I got marry'd and it was the death o' me love... Sorry Merrydeath!

I agrees wit Jon though, should be a year round, spur o' the moment, hop o'er a fence, pick a flower, stop by fer lunch, picnic basket, walk on the beach, doing the laundry, watching a football game, kiss on the cheek... whene'er ye wants to day! Nay a forced marketing scemed day!

And Bunny steps off her soapbox! :(

Blech t' forced love!

Bunny Cutlass

:( I'm totally into romance. If I denied it, I would be lying! I don't care if it's Valentine's day or any other day. I love thoughtful gestures like lighting a candle in the evening instead of turning on the tv. There's a novel thought~ I love Angel Trumpet Trees - does anyone even know what they are? My heart is touched by a smile - Valentines is just another opportunity to feel loved. As I grew up, my dad always came home with a card for my mom or some sweet gift - he would tell us kids something like, "She's the love of me life" and then they would kiss. Man, i had forgotten about those times. My folks are in their 80's and still I know they're in love.

My apologies Rummy... I will nay say another bad thing about yer day of Romance....I loves ye and does naught mean to offend. I would be jest as passionate ifin we were talkin about Al' Hallows Eve. So, ifin ye likes the romance, ye are entitl'd t' it! :(

Bunny Cutlass

My Dad tries to get my Mom and I a box of Chocolate. "For my two sweethearts."

To be honest I kinda become "grumpy" I mean I do apperciate what my Dad dose for me, but lets face it its not romance. My idea of romance is a guy (pirate garb prefered. . .teasing, but it would be fun) brings me roses and we go out for lunch. Yes just lunch fellas, I am an old fashion sort of girl.

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Yeah, for lots of folks it's a manufactured, forced romance day. I guess it's all how you look at it. I'm of the opinion that everyone shouldn't be forced into the package that all those stores are trying to push people into. Everyone has their own way of letting their significant other know how much they are loved, and whether it is a dozen red roses and a heart-shaped box of candy or not, more power to 'em!

I must admit to being a sucker for romantic gestures, though. And Valentine's Day is as good a day as any to show that special person know how much you love them.

RHJMap.jpg

It's a very sad day if you are alone......but alas this year I have a beau...yippeee....and I always like to give more than receive...I made my beau a little devil out of red felt (soft sculpture) he came out sooooo cute....(I even gave him manly parts..he he he). Me beau is a lil devil so I made him a little one....I plan on buying a little red foiled chocolate heart and setting it in the little devil's arms for my Valentine. Plus I bought him one of them fancy store cards as well. He gave me real french champagne for X-mas...perhaps we will crack that pupdog open and splurge and then the rest is shhhhhhh cannot tell here...he he he.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

as for me and me mate - we never really do much - get little token toys. last year he gave me a puppy that sings and dances to do you think i'm sexy. i always get my boys valentines (nothing big) since they will always be my valentines.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

sad doesn't even get close. Not that I believe in made up holidays to sell greeting cards so the card companies can have a decent income year round or anything but hey Rummy'll tell you as often as she can (for the rest of my life)I turned on the tv a whole lot more than I did her...... Can we call a truce here? I mean I can't get much lower than you've taken me seing as how you met this very nice and romantic candle lighting harley riding man you went looking for and two weeks after you two meet he asks you to marry him and you dont even call me and say what do you think? its like two and a half years with me were a post to tie your reigns on? fine! I suck I know it you know it and the whole world knows it just please stop posting all that you can to rub my nose in your good fortune PLEASE. I personally don't care for you any more.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

sad doesn't even get close. Not that I believe in made up holidays to sell greeting cards so the card companies can have a decent income year round or anything but hey Rummy'll tell you as often as she can (for the rest of my life)I turned on the tv a whole lot more than I did her...... Can we call a truce here? I mean I can't get much lower than you've taken me seing as how you met this very nice and romantic candle lighting harley riding man you went looking for and two weeks after you two meet he asks you to marry him and you dont even call me and say what do you think? its like two and a half years with me were a post to tie your reigns on? fine! I suck I know it you know it and the whole world knows it just please stop posting all that you can to rub my nose in your good fortune PLEASE. I personally don't care for you any more.

How does she make you read her posts?

My girlfriend surprises me every year with a "fantasy" evening. It isn't safe to explain it here.

God, I am so with you, man! My girlfriend of a year dumped me and left town without even saying goodbye. We shared so many great times together... stolen glances in the library, sharing our inner most dreams... our hearts were one. Then the little B**** left me when her parents moved about of the school district. I didn't fall in love again until 4th grade.... Where are you Joletta Cutler? I still love you!!!! (Shedding a tear)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

unless we can get a single violin to play an "I just had my heart ripped out' solo to go in the background as I read these posts....

I personally am amazed that one would drag so much of thier personal life out on a forum such as this... I try not to show people the knife wounds that have been put in my back in the past, and giving them the opportunity to add an extra blade or two.....

(by the way.... saying "I personally don't care for you any more." right after a 7 line rant.... is a bit of a contradiction)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

God, I am so with you, man! My girlfriend of a year dumped me and left town without even saying goodbye. We shared so many great times together... stolen glances in the library, sharing our inner most dreams... our hearts were one. Then the little B**** left me when her parents moved about of the school district. I didn't fall in love again until 4th grade.... Where are you Joletta Cutler? I still love you!!!! (Shedding a tear)

-- Hurricane

I almost choked on my coke. Don't do that.