Pirates and the National Body Challenge 06

Paisley

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the crew who be joining this year's Body Challenge. I'll be taking on healthiness (i.e. cutting back a little on the goodies, and exercising just a tad more) when I get back from my trip. For now, I'm doing nothing, as I'm sure the "warm layers" will get me by in a trip to a colder country. (Scotland...next week!)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Well....I started off the first day of the challenge by riding my bike for 80 miles. That's the farthest I've ever gone by about 20 miles. Damn, I wish I had a hot tub right now.....me legs are killin' me......

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Well....I started off the first day of the challenge by riding my bike for 80 miles. That's the farthest I've ever gone by about 20 miles. Damn, I wish I had a hot tub right now.....me legs are killin' me......

Way to go, Sam! And by the way, I'm with you on the leg pain thing. My calves are still killing from the exercises from the day before yesterday!

We all need to be careful that we don't get to excited about this and overdo things. Muscle strains arn't much fun, and worse, they set you back in your training while you recover. My problem is I don't stretch enough before and after I exercise. I'm not very flexible, so I can't do a lot of the simple leg stretches, so I end up not doing anything and I pay the price by hobbling on stiff muscles like I am this morning. LET'S ALL BE SAFE OUT THERE KIDS!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

OK, I'll do it....but I need someone to tell me how to get the pics to show up in the message. When I've tried before, all that posts is a thumbnail.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

Barbados Sam Posted on Jan 14 2006, 11:53 PM

Well....I started off the first day of the challenge by riding my bike for 80 miles.

awesome!!! i hope you were riding a road bike....cant even fathom riding that distance on a mtn bike!

this afternoon i kinda cheated...didnt "really" work out....i practiced working out a fight (i do stage combat) for an up coming renn fest. but i would say i got at least a solid half hour slinging 2 axes around...does that count??? so if you see "fencing" under my excerise routine...i'm actually slinging around an ax...lol

*waiting for my biceps to fall off tomorrow

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

dunno if this is inspiration or not...lol

the nbc (national body challenge) website, under the "plan your excerise" tomorrow, asks for 30 minutes (or more) of cardio.

post on what you chose to do!...and which single part on your body hurts the most. :)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

OK, I'll do it....but I need someone to tell me how to get the pics to show up in the message.  When I've tried before, all that posts is a thumbnail.

Below is the example of what you need to do, though you need to have them hosted on the net somewhere. You can always usage ImageShack for free, or if you like send them to me I will put them on my site, and give you the link.

[img=http://link.to.image]

(photos removed.....)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

thought id try something different to lose weight this year...i joined discovery health channel's national body challenge and started a group called TOO MUCH RUM. i figure there has got to be some pirates out there interested in losing some pounds with me.

hope to see some of you there...i need all the help i can get :)

NATIONAL BODY CHALLENGE 2006

Lifting_weights.gif

....YUCK!...SOUNDS LIKE WORK....

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

got a msg today from nbc about why we can't see everyone in group...can't make heads or tails...

Thank you for contacting Discovery Health Channel. We appreciate your

interest in the Discovery Health National Body Challenge.

We are reviewing the functionality of scrolling through the progress to

determine any issues with this feature.

The only way to join a group is to receive an invitation from the group

administrator. Once registered, you will be asked, if you want to join the

group.

We recommend temporarily disabling spam blocker to receive your

registration confirmation and invitation.

Every group must have a group administrator. The only way for the group

administrator to invite members to a group is through the “Manage Your

Group” feature on the left navigational bar. Once the group is created you

must follow the steps to create a “Tummy Talker” to invite your friends and

family. (This is different then simply “Send a Tummy Talker” on the

navigation bar.) Groups must click on “Manage your Group” and access the

“Tummy Talker” feature. There is no limit to the number of members that

can join a group.

Group members cannot see exact weight, only cumulative weight loss. The

personal data is not shared outside the company. To view rules,

regulations and most frequently ask questions, please visit

http://health.discovery.com/convergence/bo...06/faq/faq.html.

Registration is available anytime during the 8-week Challenge. However,

please note that the 8-week Bally Total Fitness pass is only available

until January 17, 2006 at 11:59 PM (ET) and is effective from January 14,

2006 through March 11, 2006. If you miss the deadline, we encourage you to

log onto www.discoveryhealth.com to take advantage of the fitness tips and

video, expert advice and our customizable diet and fitness tool.

Good luck on the National Body Challenge! A reply to this message is not

necessary. If you have any further inquiries or comments, please contact

us at nationalbodychallenge_inquiries@discovery.com. Thank you again for

taking the time to write us.

Sincerely,

Brandi

Viewer Relations

Discovery Networks

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, Inc. (DCI).

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Wow, it's like, "Gee, thanks for the form letter. Now can you answer my question?"

I seem to remember the website having all kinds of issues last year, too. I ended up using just a few pages for info and went to smallstep.gov for personal tracking purposes.

We may not be able to see eachother on the Discovery site, but we do have the pub!

I was thinking the same thing.

As for joinging the group send the invite again, and then everyone should klick on it, it will then ask them if they want to join. I had to register first and then I clicked on the link in the email and was able to join the group.

;) Unfortunately due to my broken femur still not healing well and having to wear a bone stimulator ten hours a day I was not able to sign up for the challenge. Discovery sent me a really nice e-mail telling me perhaps next year and my Dr. did not think it was a good idea either. However I am not deterred. I cannot join you on Discovery but I can and will join you on here. So my pics will be coming soon and I will do the best I can to aid you all and keep morale up and try like heck to lose my own weight. My starting weight fluctuates so im shooting high by starting at 155. Now lets see what I can do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Hey guys - guess what? I just logged my exercise on the National Body Challenge site, and the whole group now shows up!!! So Paisley, I would have to think that they really did pay attention to your e-mail, and fixed the problem. HOORAY!!!

And by the way, Siren, do what you can, but don't overdo it while you're healing. I would like to start a second eight-week drive when we're done with the Discovery thing - maybe with a two week break in between. Perhaps you'll be ready to join in then! Personally, I've got too much weight to lose in eight weeks, unless I'm so aggressive that it won't stay off anyhow. Nonetheless, living healthy is ALWAYS a good idea, and we're happy to have you here with us! And hey - keep us apprised of how your leg is doing, too - we're all cheering for you!

- Weasel (Beck)

I am late to the game but would like to joing nonetheless...

I registered at discovery and have PM'd Paisley.

Good luck to all!

GoF aka Handmortar

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'm up for continuing. Been at it for the last year, why stop after another eight weeks? I have a long way to go.

Had to take this week off cuz they yanked the wisdom teeth out of my head and told me to "rest", don't exercise. On the other hand, the diet of all "mushy" foods may make up for it. :-)