Pirates and the National Body Challenge 06

Paisley

thought id try something different to lose weight this year...i joined discovery health channel's national body challenge and started a group called TOO MUCH RUM. i figure there has got to be some pirates out there interested in losing some pounds with me.

hope to see some of you there...i need all the help i can get :)

NATIONAL BODY CHALLENGE 2006

Lifting_weights.gif

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INTRO OF WEBSITE:

Welcome to Discovery Health's National Body Challenge 2006! It's a FREE, eight-week, comprehensive online fitness and weight-loss challenge, and this is where you start. To continue you must login. If you have not signed up, it's easy, click "Register Now" to begin the journey to the new you.

register now

i think i need ya'lls email to join the group... i'll send you the "invite"

(i'm so excited....lol)

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

alright...i've got killian, asukaru, and bonnie red weasel so far....anyone else?

rummy and gigi...i can't figure out how to invite you when you've already joined (at least from this end). maybe there's a sepecial button on your end???

oh...and you'll get a kick outta this....after eating mcdonalds for lunch yesterday...got on my mtn bike (after 1yr,...i'm more of a roadie) for 1/2hr yesterday....thought i was going to die...lol!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

rummy and gigi...i can't figure out how to invite you when you've already joined (at least from this end). maybe there's a sepecial button on your end???

i had already joined, but after you sent me the invite, i clicked the link in it, and when i logged in from there (you have to "log in", not join again), it asked if I wanted to join the group on the very first screen. So just get their e-mails (send your addresses to Paisley, everybody, if you haven't yet), and send them the invites, and we'll be all set!

- Fat Weasel

By the way, folks, the program officially starts on the 14th (this coming Saturday), so you still have plenty of time to sign up and get motivated.

Also, would anybody else be game for posting before/after pics? I am really really excited about doing this, and would be happy to post both. Maybe both in pirate attire, and plain-clothed? Let me know!

- Fat Weasel

Also, would anybody else be game for posting before/after pics? I am really really excited about doing this, and would be happy to post both. Maybe both in pirate attire, and plain-clothed? Let me know!

oh great idea!!!!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I just PM'd Paisley my addy......I'm in too ;)

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

I have enough before pictures on the Stranglehold website. :unsure:

Oh Gigi, and Barbados Sam I was thinking of getting into Hiking again, and there are some nice Geocaches near by to hike to, you up for it?

Absolutely. On NY Eve a bunch of the Stranglehold crew hiked up Cowles and grabbed two caches. I'm hooked. I've got a bike ride I'm doing this Saturday, but the following weekend I'd be available. Let me know.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Absolutely. On NY Eve a bunch of the Stranglehold crew hiked up Cowles and grabbed two caches. I'm hooked. I've got a bike ride I'm doing this Saturday, but the following weekend I'd be available. Let me know.

A bit of a trip from Casa de Jones to Hike up Cowles. There are about 6 not far from my house and all within hiking distance from each other.

Absolutely.  On NY Eve a bunch of the Stranglehold crew hiked up Cowles and grabbed two caches.  I'm hooked.  I've got a bike ride I'm doing this Saturday, but the following weekend I'd be available.  Let me know.

A bit of a trip from Casa de Jones to Hike up Cowles. There are about 6 not far from my house and all within hiking distance from each other.

It started out as just me, Bob and Bully....and then Lance & Joan decided to go...and then Brett and his wife & kids.....it was fun. Email me with the cache names you found near you so I can preload them into my GPS.

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg