Pirates and the National Body Challenge 06

Paisley

ok...website was screwy yesterday...just sent out more invites to barbados sam, rummy3 and gigi.

so glad you joined!

and i've noticed that we've had a few other weight check-ins. yeah!!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well luv. Now that I be freee, i'd be awanting to join up. Should help me in my new campaign. "Operation Stud Muffin" Me computer be acting up so gives me a call.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Yer all ready a bunch o' sexy pyrates....after this y'all be LETHAL WEAPONS :lol:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Okay, I took my "before" pictures - a couple in a belly dancing outfit, several in workout clothes, from three different angles, and then I posted one from the pics I took of me in garb (that my avatar is from).

I took the pictures with my hair undone, and with no makeup on, and tried to make sure to show all the nasty fat parts I most want to improve.

So I double dog dare y'all to post your own!!!

Fat Weasel

okey dokey red bess...just sent your invite

and...

SCUPPER! *hugs n kisses.....i'm takin ya down with me....sent ou an invite too! you'd better join!!!!

fat weasel...lmao...i dont think so!... but the name is terriably funny

you deff got more huevos than me!...but i'll see what i can do

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

was playing on the website and found this...9 neat little tricks to get started:

#1) Park in a faraway spot and briskly walk to your destination

#2) Take the stairs instead of an elevator

#3) Rake leaves instead of using the blower (leaves?? like palm fronds???? snicker)

#4) Play tag with the kids instead of computer games

#5) Go golfing, bowling or dancing for fun

#6) Walk down the hall instead of using the phone or e-mail to discuss an issue with a colleague

#7) Take a walk during a morning or afternoon break — and ask a friend to go with you

#8) Do indoor chores — wash the windows, scrub the bathtub or reorganize your closet, for example

#9) Do some active outdoor chores — mow the grass, work in the garden or wash the car

Making these changes is an easy way to improve heart and respiratory fitness, mood and muscular fitness and to reduce body fat.

i challenge everyone do to #1 until the 14th when the body challenge offically starts...this includes your work/office too!!!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I've actually been fighting this battle for about two years now. When I started I was a whopping 285 wearing pants with a 50" waist. My wife and I started Atkins, and I dropped a little over 40 pounds and about 2" off my waist. We stayed on Atkins for about 5 months, and then decided we needed to start an exercise program. At the advice of our trainer, we dropped Atkins so we could benefit from carbs during training. I've lost another 2" off my waist, but I gained back some of the weight I lost, bringing me to my current weight of 260 (but I think some of that is in the form of heavier muscle weight). I would like to drop about 30 or 40 more pounds and about 10" off my waist. I'm looking forward to doing this challenge with you all.

And Bonnie, thank you for being brave enough to post pics of yourself. You have inspired me to do the same, and I will try to get some of me posted in a few days...as soon as I find a camera with a wide angle lens :huh: I guarantee you that once my pictures are up, your photos are going to look fabulous in comparison.....YE HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

Sam, thanks for sharing a little bit about your history and goals. I just love that we're doing this as a group!

This morning, I weighed in at 170, and although I'm much more concerned about size than tonnage, I would like to be down to about 125. My weight has been on a rollercoaster since high school. I was very thin, without any effort, of course, until college. I gained a tremendous amount of weight with my pregnancies, but lost it all very quickly. For some time after my youngest was born, I stayed around 135 pounds, but was in great shape, mostly from exercise, I think. I took the girls hiking quite a bit, and the heavier Gillian got to carry, the better it was for me. There have been two times in my "adult" life when I maintained a weight I was happy with, yet ate absolutely anything and everything I wanted. That time, when G was very young, was one. The other time was when I was trail running and doing SCA fighting. Now that I'm a little older, I don't expect to be able to eat "anything," but I would like to get down to a weight where I don't hate what I see in the mirror, and be at a level of regular exercise where I'm not having to obsess over my diet and the scale daily.

I have a closet full of size 6 and 8 clothing. My eventual goal as far as body shape is to be back in single digit sizes (realizing that the sixes will probably have to go to Goodwill), so I have clothes to wear when I start teaching. I would also like to simply get enough weight off so that it's not so hard on my joints to run after my children.

Anyhow, I just realized that on the Discovery Health site, I show as "Beck" (which is my "mundane" name). So in case y'all were wondering who the hell this "Beck" is, it's me.

Good luck, everybody - official program starts in two days!!!

I was playing on the website and found this...9 neat little tricks to get started:

#1) Park in a faraway spot and briskly walk to your destination

i challenge everyone do to #1 until the 14th when the body challenge offically starts...this includes your work/office too!!!

Number one is easy :) I've actually been doing that for awhile now. Mostly because I'm impatient and I hate waiting for the good spots :huh:

Random question, but how do we view the group on there? I tried going to manage my group, but all it did was give me a prompt to create a group.

am i the only one who's metabolism doesn't let them gain weight? there are so many things out there for losing weight, but not for trying to put some on.

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

lady snow Posted on Jan 12 2006, 06:28 PM

am i the only one who's metabolism doesn't let them gain weight? there are so many things out there for losing weight, but not for trying to put some on. 

i'd be careful posting that on this thread lol!!!

can't you try energy bars n shakes that weightlifters use??

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

I'll have my pics this weekend, gotta schedule a picture date with the hubby (and find a blank wall to stand in front of...hmmm....)

And good idea! I'll grab some "befores" from the past fair. Thanks for the suggestion!

(truly, I hated ALL my pics from last fair, so it should be no problem!)

Like Sam, I've been doing this a while now. Started at 202 and got down to 185 and I'm STUCK. And just like you, Bonnie, I was a wee 99 lber when I graduated high school then just sort of shot up over the years!

And just to add to the insult, I've gone and broken my scale somehow (probably from standing on it! :ph34r: )...gotta get another one.

Lady Snow, that is so true. Even though I'm tempted to say I'd trade metabolisms with you, I won't. And being underweight can be as big of a health problem as overweight. I have a friend a very thin friend (we're quite a pair :ph34r: ) and she just hates that people make "skinny jokes" in front her, but wouldn't dare make "fat jokes" in front of me. Folks don't realize she is just as offended. She sometimes says she would trade my curves for her flat figure any day.

Mostly, we all should be comfortable in our bodies -- as long as they are healthy bodies. I'll never be thin, but I need to be less overweight to stay healthy. That's my motivation.

Hmmm. I'm not showing up in the group either, but it shows me as being registered on the site. :ph34r:

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

I can't figure out what's up with this. I'm hoping that everybody will show up tomorrow. We'll just have to see.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let y'all know that I did a bunch of toning exercises today - not at all cardiovascular, but I wanted to log my time anyhow, 'cause I thought it ought to count, especially since I felt like I was going to DIE toward the end. (Seriously, I did - Killian will attest to this). I went to record the time on the site, and found that there was nothing on the pull-down menu remotely like toning exercises. So to be cute, I entered J'ai Alai (which I always thought would be a fun sport to take up, at least in my youth, when I didn't fear death). So any time you see that I've done time chunks of "jai alai", it's non-cardio toning work.

- Weasel (Beck)

;) i can see anyone either...just the first 4...i cant figure it out either

i just shot off an email to them to see what i'm doing wrong/how to fix it. said they tryto get back to you in a week.

EVERYONE READY FOR TOMORROW??????

;) <----they are drinking water :D

sport11.gifsport23.gifsport27.gifsport22.gif

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Ok I'm in for a few reasons.

1-my cholesterol is in the mid to high 300's. From what I understand on a bar graph that's labeled heart-a-tack.

2-I'm about 18-20 pounds over weight. Not so worried about what number or what I weigh just concerned about how I look in the mirror and how may thin cloths fit. Oh yea and my physical well being.

3-I need to tone up my man boobs.

4-I ran into Scupper yesterday and he told me he was trying to loss weight. (stop drinking coke scup, Cafine free diet coke) So I figured I can kick him in the you know what to keep him motivated and he could do the same for me.

Paisley I had singed up but I didn't sign up in the group. I don't know how to change that. Do you know how I can be added to the group?

I need to find a fat pic to post

François

PyrateAvitar.jpg

I am a Free Men of The Sea I don't pillage and plunder.
I covertly acquire!

François Viete Domont de la Palmier
I haven't been accused of Pyracy...............YET