What are you like when you're drunk?

Caraccioli

B)B)B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another? Are you talking about Tattoo the rum, or tattoo, ink on your bod? Didn't think you were sportin' any ink. Or is this virtual ink? B) **ice is beginning to melt**

Ransom would ye stand back luv, yer meltin' me ice!

O' course it be rum wit' champagne (a Ransom, Ray calls it); no ink on this bod.

What am I like when I am drunk?

For teh answer, just go see the photo gallery at http://www.reenactorfest.com/

... or see some of the shots posted under the "RF2" thread under the "RAIDS" section here in the Pub. I think they speak for themselves.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

What am I like when I am drunk? 

For teh answer, just go see the photo gallery at http://www.reenactorfest.com/

I may be missing the point, but the WWII outfits look really cool!

http://picasaweb.google.com/HistoryGeek913...362928490416706

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/wi...t=ssundluft.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/wi...cingcouple1.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/wi...rrent=JandD.jpg

I once dressed up as James Michener, circa WWII (a lieutenant commander in the Navy) for a presentation on the man.

Huh. When I was looking for his rank (which I forgot, even though I own the insignia required for the uniform), I found this: "John Ford's film Donovan's Reef (1963) was loosely based on Michener's 'The South Sea Story'" No wonder I like that movie! I'll have to go find that story and read it. B)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I get giddy and laugh even more than usual. Mr. H. (who is a teetotaller) says I'm a very "happy drunk".

However, if I have that enigmatic "one drink too many", I'm also a very up-chucky drunk -- which is far less "happy".

Strangest thing I've ever bought on-line while drunk -- a stick of green sealing wax.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hmmm... well... I'm off tomorrow...

I'll let ya know what I'm like later.. :o:o

Whoo! :o

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

All right...saw this posting and was a bit reluctant to submit something, but now I say...what the heck!

First,

Happy Drunk! Everyone's Buddy and will make sure that everyone is having a grand time of it...unless...

Unless you give me Gin! Plymouth Gin is the worst for me, along with others in that top-shelf brand grouping.

I turn "witchy-poo mean"! So, no 7 & 7s, no gin and tonics for me.

I am happy with cider, ales, stouts and the like...

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Beer is an easy drink for me. 'Casual' may be of adequate descript, as my temper(a problem at tymes when sober)is extensively subdued when I'm consuming beer. Good tyme charley in some ways, definately more relaxed, surely less analytical and suspicious.

Rum, on the other hand, acts as a slight aphrodesiac. Hold on, my cell is ringing. It's the wife.

"Yes, Baby, I'll be sure to stop on the way and get more rum."

See what I mean?

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Hester, may I suggest a Ramos Ginn Fizz?

http://www.drinkboy.com/Cocktails/recipes/...mosGinFizz.html

This, I consider, is a must-have when I am in southwest Florida, which is where I'll be in a week and a half, since the drink is glorified by Lizabeth Scott in the 1947 film "Dead Reckoning" with Humphrey Bogart. The movie takes place in ficticious "Gulf City", which can only be somewhere between Ft Myers and Tampa. This film is in my top 5 faves.

The trick is to keep the egg white from foaming too much from the blender, otherwise you will be drinking just suds. It's kind of tricky, so mix slowly.

SHIP2-1.jpg

the night before RF2 thingy....we set the mood staying up all night drynking rum, rum cake and getting TATTOOSS.....i went first.....then everyone fell asleep.....so drynkin rum? i 'll be sportin a new tat! :huh:

with dark beer...amiable all night.... :huh: and i mean all night... roudy talkitive

wine...philisophical :huh: roudy talkitive

whiskey...wrestlin the biggest one there... :huh: roudy and talkitive

rum...tatoos roudy and talkitive :huh:

absinthe...kissin the green fairy... :huh: roudy and talkitive

with light beer...well thats not really considered drynkin...is it? :huh:

:huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Say, what's absinthe like? I've always wondered.

Absinthe, which is basically a spirit called wormwood. Absinthe is just a brand name. It comes in emerald green form, think Scope mouthwash at the potency of pure grain alcohol.

I tried it once on a new years eve in London a few years back. I bought it at a package/convenience store not far from Paddinton station, an the Pakistanis running the place looked at me with horror.

The truth is, the stuff is so potent but you can't feel the effects....which is a dangerous combination.

I'm sure others may have a story to tell, for it is a choice drink for rock stars.

SHIP2-1.jpg

if your going to try Absinthe for the first time...then you needs to do it right :huh: first go to a NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY :huh: had mine in GREECE :huh: it is a bit illegal to have in any english speaking country :huh: they have a version here now...but with small wormwood instead of the full potent one :huh: then you get a sugar cube :huh: drench it with absinthe :huh: light it on fire :huh: let the carmalized sugar drop into the drynk of absinthe :huh: and there ya go..... :huh:

now in greece you can get all the colors of the rainbow...not just green....

once youve had it ...you have been "kissed by the green fairy"... :huh: ...carmalizing the sugar mixed with teh wormwood...has a slight halucinagetic effect.... :huh: or so they say :huh: hence being illegal in all english speaking countries :huh:

but what does it taste like? :huh: uzo...black liccorice....the wormwood has such a strong taste they needs to cut it with something even stronger....hence the black liccorice flavor....dosent matter ifn you dont like black liccorice...for ye wont need much :huh:

as far as stories go?...well lets just say i felt like a rockstar!!!! :huh::huh::huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

hence being illegal in all english speaking countries

Hmm, laws must've changed in the UK since '05....or the Absinthe is a diferent mix. I know that it is illegal in the US for sure.

I forgot about that bit with the flaming sugar cube, but that is the key.

This is a photo of Trafalgar Square that weekend100_0014-1.jpg

Incidentally I was in Gravesend Kent, and there was a plaque that stated that pirates were hung in gibbets at this location, along the Thames. Hopefully Mr. Foxe will see this message and comment:

100_0029.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

I've been drinking this evening.

Beer, primarily.

What am I like? I prefer Ex-Yugo brandies and home-made firewaters. It doesn't feel like home, because that's not what I am, but it feels oh so solid.

With beer?

One to three: staring into space. Uncommunicative.

Four to twelve: Talkative, pleasant, informative, fun to be around, possibly some dancing given a co-operative female, singing, socialization, etc.

More than twelve: Run. No joke, run. The demons come out and they want to play. Your best bet is to get away. And they are not your normal little DisneyLand demons. Get gone; you don't believe me, really. Run.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

• 3 weeks later...

um.....not sober?

would invite Yersinia to a party and not worry about me dishes bein broken

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

hmmmmmmm... there are some here who can spill the navy beans and tell on me..

I get funny and dance weird, get a bit flirty and kick up my heels, and then I go to sleep. zzzzzzzz

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg