Wanted Posters

Redd Oktober

Arrr...The wait be over, sez I! Here be an example o' what the finished art can look like. Seein' as ol' Redd is an 18th century salt, the look be more like a steel etching. However, if ye be an older pyrate, I can make it look like a woodcut as well.

The writing can be anythin' ye be wanting.

Let me know what ye think!

poster3.jpg

I can't see it. Email it to me. lloyd@livelydjs.com

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARRRRGGGG!

Here...try this link..the place where the picture be posted is new to me and a taaaaad quirky.

http://earth.prohosting.com/~oktober/poster3.jpg

Or...if ye be on a PC, right click the blank spot here where the image should be and click on "Show Picture".

Sorry about makin' ye work for it. :huh:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Which reminds me...are YOU goin' ter Ojai?

I probably won't be able ter make it ter Ojai...at least not this year. I'm in a crunch period at work these days...and I might have to come in on the weekend...GRRRRR!

REDD.jpg

I probably won't be able ter make it ter Ojai...at least not this year. I'm in a crunch period at work these days...and I might have to come in on the weekend...GRRRRR!

BUGGER!!!!!!!

Bloody snot-suckin' slave-labor scurvy-laden pus-buckets! :huh::huh:

Sorry. Jus' 'ad ter be said. Grr.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Aye lad! A grand job. I almost want to turn you in for the reward meself.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Okay...I've done me calculations and some serious drinkin'...I've come up with a package...Here we go:

Custom Pirate Wanted Posters

$50

Set includes:

1 original piece of hand drawn artwork (suitable for framing).

10 parchment copies, ready for posting!

+

instructions for reproducing your posters.

(I will need a good, clear photograph of you. You don't necessarily need to be in pirate attire...just send me a pose that represents you at your piratical best. Also, let me know if you would like the style in woodcut or steel print as I can reproduce either)

Contact me off forum if you would like to order a set or see an example.

REDD.jpg

Also, let me know if you would like the style in woodcut or steel print as I can reproduce either)

The sample you posted, is that an example of woodcut or steel print?

I have seen woodcuts, but to my knowledge have never seen a steel print. What are the differences?

BTW: 'tis a fine piece o' artwork, indeed!

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

The style in me example be closer to a steel plate print (17th-18th century pirate). A wooden print would be chunkier in look and line width (14th-15th century pirates). A woodblock print that you could use for reference is vlad the impaler's famous portraits. They had artists who worked in woodblocks who could fashion elaborate prints...but the average artist's work was slightly crude and chunky. But it is authentic.

Hope that helps.

REDD.jpg

The style in me example be closer to a steel plate print (17th-18th century pirate). A wooden print would be chunkier in look and line width (14th-15th century pirates). A woodblock print that you could use for reference is vlad the impaler's famous portraits. They had artists who worked in woodblocks who could fashion elaborate prints...but the average artist's work was slightly crude and chunky. But it is authentic.

Hope that helps.

Aye, that helps. As much as I am a fan o' Albrecht Durer, I 'ave ta say the steel print design suits me fancy a mite more.

*scans horizon for ships to plunder for enough doubloons to keep Redd in rum*

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

Looks good. How much? Two people, Back to back in the picture.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Let me see how some of the pictures from Ojai come out, Redd dear. We'll have kawfee an' talk....because I know that "attempting to steal the Governor's wig" is one of the offenses I've committed (and might I add have 'evidence' of!)! :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Har HARRR! A woman after me own greasy little heart! :huh:

Aye, I wanted th' whole wig..but I only got a wee scrap of it. He turned a bit too fast, the ol' blighter..

An' as for bein' after yer heart, luv...well, 'twould be kinda rude t' be pullin' things outta yer chest if I prefer ye alive! :huh: